MN FF To Love or Not to Love Ch 8 Page 13

Anish85 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Chapter 1

It was beautiful day in Mumbai, the air was crisp, the sunny was shining, and the breeze was gentle. A young lady in her mid-twenty stepped out of the red cab, paid the driver, and grabbed her bags. By her side was a little girl, nothing more than five years old; she was wearing a red velvet dress with a white-laced collar. She was also holding a middle-sized teddy bear; it had a blue suit with a red bow tie, very similar to the ones in President Teddy Roosevelt's time. The lady looked up at the building and sighed.

Arti cheerfully said- "Mommy is this where I live now?"

Nupur- "Yes, sweetie. This is where mommy use to live before she went to the US."

Arti opened the tall iron gates and let herself into the beautiful landscaped garden.

Nupur- "Be careful, sweetie."

Arti- "Yes, mommy!"

Nupur loved her daughter so dearly, it brought back all of the wonderful memories that she spent with her love.
Nupur in her thoughts, "This was the right thing to do." She smiled, but it disappeared in a second. "If only I didn't leave, only if I didn't listen to my father, if only.... There was so many if only''s...." The suddenly elderly voice interrupted her thoughts.

Aunt Ratna surprised- "I didn't expect the two of you to get here until tomorrow. She gave a hug to Nupur and took a look at her. "You changed so much the last time I show you. Oh, that was five or six years ago, you look very beautiful and more professional now."

They both laughed and talked.

Aunt Ratna- "So how's your father doing in the US?"

Nupur- "He's fine as usual, nothing can stop him as he says to me everyday."

Aunt Ratna- "Sounds like he hasn't changed a bit."

Nupur- "No, he gives his regards."

Arti- "Mommy, come here."

Nupur- "Yes, sweetly."

They both stepped into the garden, onto the gray stone path and into the front door where Arti patiently waiting for her mother.

Arti- "Mommy, where am I going to sleep?"

Nupur- "In my old bedroom."

Aunt Ratna- "Yes, precious. I redecorated it last week." She took Artiby the hand and led her to the bedroom. "I hope you like it."

Nupur walked into the elegantly decorated living room, the olive sofa; the oak tables; the grand piano, and the small musical box with the crystal doves. Everything was so familiar, filled with memories and her love.

Edited by Anish85 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
nice part do continue soon
sreevijayan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great start dear...continue soon..............................
isha93 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
continue soon.... waiting for it:))
zarfishanzahid thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
gr8 start plzzz add me to ur pm list i would love to read this FF
Faria. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi dear
nice start
really loved it
plz do continue it
and add me to ur pm list

-Samira- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
great start dear
cont soon
n plzzzzz add me ur pm list
SujaLuvsMayur thumbnail
hey nice start.
continue soon.
add me into ur pm list.
Let-It-Go thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazin onee... Looking fwd to it :D
Anish85 thumbnail

Chapter 2

On the other side of town, a group of police officers went discussing something in the newly painted conference office. They surround a rectangular table with their leader, the door was closed; the room was decorated with several different kinds of maps.

CID 1- "Yes, sir."

Mayank- "I want you to go here. Samrat, I want you to go here." He pointed to a map with several red and blue circles around the building. "The rest of you follow the instructions that I have given Samrat yesterday, understand!"

CIDs- "Yes, sir!"

Mayank"Okay, it's 8:45, we'll meet there in one hour."
Everyone raised their arms, took a look at their watches, and set it with the exact second to the office clock. Then, they stepped out of the conference room.

Mayank-"Samrat, good luck and be careful."

Samrat-"Yes! You, too, I don't want to lose my friend nor his leg. Are you going to see your wife now?"

Mayank- "Yes, I always do before I go out into danger. I don't want her to worry too much."

Samrat-"Oh, I envy you, I wish I had someone who cared for me so much."

Mayank smiles- "I know, I know."

Samrat  turning at the corner of the hall- "See you later!"

Mayank- "Right, meet you there in an hour."

Mayank walked down into the next hall, press the blue down elevator button, and watched the little orange numbers on top go from 10 to 7. He stepped into the elevator and pressed for the ground floor.

In a small office building, a lady in her early twenty walked into a small room filled with snacks and a pot of beverages. She took the one, poured the black coffee into her decorated mug, and stirred cream and sugar into it. She took a sip, and then another woman stepped in.

Sheena- "I told you not to drink so much of that, it's not good for your health."

Diya- "So! You and your health books! So when's the baby due?"

Sheena patted her tummy- "Not for another two months. Mayank is going crazy, he has bought so much stuff for him that I don't know where to put it."

Diya- "Wait a second." She rushed out of the room, into her office, opened the drawer, took out a nicely wrapped box, and walked into Sheena's office.

Diya-"Here, you wouldn't mind for another one."

Sheena- "Not you too, you already bought two, this little guy is getting spoiled before he's even born."

Diya- "I just couldn't resist, it was so cute.

Sheena- "Thank you." She got up, walked over to her friend and gave a hug. "I guess we have to get back to work, did Mr. Walia call back again?"

Diya- "Yes, he was very satisfied with the computer program and wants us to re-edit only a few things."

Sheena-"Great, can you work on it and show me it by lunchtime."

Diya- "Yes, boss!" She stepped out and called Riya the secretary into her office.

Moments later, Mayank rushed into the office with a dozen pink carnations. "Hi, Riya! Sheena was on the phone and looking through her calendar- "Let's see, how about a meeting on Thursday at 11:00 or 1:00...No, I'm available at 10:00.

Mayank had quietly stepped into the office, Sheena signaled him to wait, and he smiled and nodded.

Sheena- "Okay, then Thursday at 11:00. Hope to see you then." She hung up the phone and smiled at Mayank.

Mayank handed her the flowers, lean on the desk and gave Sheena a kiss on her forehead. "So how are my two favorite people in the world doing?"

Sheena- "Fine!" She smelled the flowers and smiled. "Thank you, so why are you here?"

Mayank- "Guess."

Sheena- "Another case."

Mayank- "Yes, honey."

She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him.

Sheean- "Be careful." She gave him a kiss.

Mayank- "I will." He hugged her and walked out of the room.