Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Why Ismail Darbar? Is Zee That Desperate?

bunbutt_too thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Is this news true?

If yes, it is beyond my comprehension. This music composer has done very little to nil after Devdas. If his music was a hit in that movie it had a lot to do with Sanjay Leela Bansali. In fact during the making of that movie they had even quit communicating since Sanjay made Ismail recompose a lot of the tunes, and that became a big bone of contention between the two. Sanjay has not used Ismail in any of his movies since then, and Ismail's career has gone nowhere ever since. Why is Zee inviting this "has been" to their show and giving him the status of a revered guest?

Bigg Boss has supposedly breathed new life in quite a few careers. However even that show could not salvage or resurrect this "has been" composer's career. He was on no producer's radar before or after Bigg Boss. Could it be that Zee is desperate for guests and at this stage will allow any warm body to heat the chairs? If true, that is a very sad state of affairs, since Saregama is one of the few shows on reality television that has had an illustrious history and class in the past. Why are the current producers dragging down the standard of this show and flushing it down the drain by inviting such mediocrity?  Beyond my comprehension and very disturbing.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
His compositions in HDDCS was also quite good 😊

Probably, this is Zees way of mending ties with their 'prodigal son' and make him a men-tor next season 😃
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This is one way he can earn some Rozi Roti...As he has been out of work for a while...

BB ji good topic...and excellent point 👏
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
i don't mind ismail darbar being there as long as he doesn't start any controversies. he knows a great deal about music and has the knowledge and ear to be a good judge
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

he knows a great deal about music and has the knowledge and ear to be a good judge

Oh ! I think his knowledge and ear took a walk during svoi2.He was worse than pathetic 😡 😡 😡
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Originally posted by: musicmuse

His compositions in HDDCS was also quite good 😊

Probably, this is Zees way of mending ties with their 'prodigal son' and make him a men-tor next season 😃

Agreed musicmuseji, but honestly even in HDDCS Sanjay Leela Bansale did a lot of arm twisting and hand holding to get the kind of music that he wanted out of Darbar. Sanjay Leela Bansali has the same savvy for music that Raj Kapoor had. Both these producer directors have always played a major role in the music compositions of their films.  Raj Kapoor's music duo Shankar-Jaikishen knew that when Raj made suggestions that virtually guaranteed success. Darbar's ego is way larger than he is, and he has simply failed to understand or accept Sanjay's wisdom, knowledge and guidence in his compositions.
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

i don't mind ismail darbar being there as long as he doesn't start any controversies. he knows a great deal about music and has the knowledge and ear to be a good judge

^ Does he really? Hmmmn that is news to me.😕
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

This is one way he can earn some Rozi Roti...As he has been out of work for a while...

BB ji good topic...and excellent point 👏

^ Varshji you hit the nail on the head with that observation. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Question is who really is desperate, Zee or Darbar 😃
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bunbutt_too

^ Varshji you hit the nail on the head with that observation. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. Question is who really is desperate, Zee or Darbar 😃

How abt both? One needs job and other one needs job done at lower cost compared to paying alot more to someone who is busy with work these days...😛
Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
bunbutt_too thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

How abt both? One needs job and other one needs job done at lower cost compared to paying alot more to someone who is busy with work these days...😛

^ 🤣🤣🤣 Good one Varshaji