Mera Ishq Deewangi~Maaneet~Part 9-pg 51; Note-54

himalayanyeti thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys,
This is Yeti, a new visitor to the Geet forums for the past few days... πŸ˜ƒ
I started watching Geet exactly from when Maan saved Geet from Brij 😍 and I am completely hooked to the show since then! It is just AWESOME! πŸ˜›
However I chanced upon the forum only recently when I had to look for the videos of episodes..... And now I wonder why I hadnt come here much earlier... 😳

Anyway, my personal story aside, I just HAD to write down this storyline that hit me like a vision about a month back. Yeah, you saw that right... I got the idea a month ago but I was trying to fight it, coz I knew I am already lagging in updating my other story "Dhoka" on the FF forum.  πŸ˜†
But the temptation finally won over πŸ˜• and I just had to write it all out to get over my frustrations.... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I write only as a creative outlet to my stress, as a satisfaction to my inner cravings to let my thoughts loose.... This story is quite different from my first story and is way off the tangent compared to the show. I can safely say I have borrowed mainly the names of characters from the show, but otherwise the story is mostly fiction and I wont negate the fact that it's a medley of many Bollywood, Kollywood and Hollywood movies I have seen over the years.... πŸ˜†

This story has been inspired by the song "Zara si dil mein" from the movie Jannat and if you have never heard it before (although I doubt it πŸ˜†) then you should!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE23meFi7UM

Like I said, the story is kinda inspired from the song and you are free to make guesses on it.... *hint* Listen to the lyrics carefully........ *hint* although I may not be able to confirm it wholly for sometime since I dont want to let out the plot you see... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

A word of caution - Although I dont think this will be a long story, my plans can change abruptly and then you guys will be stuck with me for a while.... πŸ˜† For reference you can ask my friends and readers of my other story.... It has been "on-air" for more than a year now and the end is nowhere in sight..... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Another word of caution πŸ˜† - This will NOT be a very light-hearted story.... and from the prologue you can guess as much! This is going to be intense, dark and passionate... 😳 but dont worry, no rona-dhona... coz I hate them too... πŸ˜†

I plan to explore a gray shade of love in Mera Ishq Deewangi (MID) and let's see if I am successful or not... πŸ˜‰

Edited by himalayanyeti - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

himalayanyeti thumbnail
Character visuals:

Maan Singh Khurana and Geet Handa

Aditya Mehra and Priyanka Khurana

Vikram (Vicky) Khurana

Rajji

Savitri Devi Khurana (Dadima)

As is my usual style, I do not give character sketches since they are revealed during the course of the story

Index:
Prologue - Page 1
Part 1 - Page 5
Part 2 - Page 10
Part 3 - Page 16
Part 4 - Page 23
Part 5 - Page 23
Part 6 - Page 28
Part 7 - Page 33
Part 8 - Page 40
Part 9 - Page 51

PM list: Here is the list of people I will PM when I update. If you dont find your name and wish to be PMed, drop in a word.
svahc123 
psruthi
mohinii 
Mina420 
hansasma 
inlwgeet 
soul10 
minnie me
desigurl953 
anch_cutedevil 
seemamary 
scorpiobhavika 
sufikhan 
shona2010 
MaankiMariam 
ammuakhi
aamitkhanfan
Dhara_s
*angel94*
-afsha-
ansah
fijianbabe
nairprasu
sapnaajay
whitepearl
shreya satish
revav
smartnsmexxi
Mariam...x
kirannaryani
solicitude
princessyogitha 
nithi07 
Sur_Singhania 
teri_susan 
ramyayuppy 
preethia 
shining_moon 
nilu710 
vaniabi 
lallulal2010 
smiliey 
hemvb 
maansi007 
sparikh 
taanni 
jazzybabes7
ninand 
luvabbybaby 
PrincessFlavia 
sweet scorpio 
Revolutionbreez 
zaqxsw 
preet09 
shivangi783 
shah10 
chubzy 
bluedreamz953 
Kool_Naina 
Dreamy_Mystique 
sweet cherry 
esha143 
.sireesha. 
-shabnoor- 
iqbal-pallavi 
ARMAANKSGFAN 
Starry_night
red135b
tellycrazy
zaara2212
komlika
rsroopali
saomom
-Jyo-
cyum321
muskaan...
sakadafi
trishap
maangeet3
geetmaank
sonnal_17
swetha10
kellz
huny.thebest
geet105

NOTE - If you want to be PMed when I update, clic
k on the Like button for this post or send me a buddy request...

Statutory Warning: All characters, incidents and situations in this story are completely fictitious. Any similarities with any person, living or dead and events in history or in tele-world/silver screen are purely coincidental and maybe a little er... inspirational. πŸ˜† The sentiments echoed by the characters do not necessarily imply my own views. I will try my best to make a realistic narration of this story but some situations maybe slightly beyond reality. Please read the story with a pinch of salt here and there, attributing those to creative freedom but if you feel I have crossed way beyond, do let me know and I will try to rein in my imaginations. So sit back and enjoy!

Story Rating: PG 13; certain episodes may have a higher rating, as needed. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Edited by himalayanyeti - 12 years ago
himalayanyeti thumbnail

MERA ISHQ DEEWANGI

Prologue

He saw her running out of the shroud of fog, towards him. She looked almost like a fairy in her white salwar suit as she extended her hand out to him. Almost.. since he did not think fairies had a single worry in their world. And this fairy, his fairy, was in distress, her eyebrows bunched in anxiety and eyes misted over, a single drop of tear clinging rebelliously to the corner of her left eye, as she reached him.

He pulled her into the moving bus, just as it started to gain speed and leave the over-crowded bus stand. They stood next to each other on the lower step, panting to catch their breath as the voices of the hawkers and the cacophony of noise from the busy bus stand faded away into the night sky.

He heard her quiet sobs and lightly squeezed her shoulders. "Sambhalo apne aapko. Sab kuch teek hojayega" She looked up at him with her wide brown eyes, seeking assurance. "Promise?" she asked, desperate to hold on to any comfort and he nodded his head.

He looked out at the rain lashing against the window in a torrential downpour when he felt a soft weight on his shoulder. He turned to the side to find her asleep, her head lolling around at the discomfort of the bus ride on the twisting mountain roads. He gently caught her head and rested it on his shoulder as she snuggled in comfortably. He stared at her tear-stained cheeks and lightly brushed away the strand of hair from her face.

He opened his eyes when the bus jerked and stopped. He glanced out of the window to see the rains still pouring down relentlessly and slightly opened the window to let the racket carry to him through the wind. He peeped out to see a line of vehicles resting idly in front of the bus he was in and bright lights at a distance. He was just about to slowly shift her head to the backrest and enquire about the situation when the conductor of their bus made the announcement, waking her up in the process. "Baarish ki waja se aage landslide hua hai. Hume kuch gante yahaan rukna padega jab tak woh log raasta clear nahi karte" He craned his neck out the window and saw more vehicles piled up behind them, cutting off any means to go back and reach another town for the night. He sighed and looked out the window, the winds and the rain mesmerizing him into a trance.

A deep rumble broke him out of his stupor and he looked around to find the cause of it. It wasn't long before they all found the cause, when rocks and boulders of all sizes came rolling down the hill right next to where their bus was parked, breaking windows and sending shards of glasses flying around in the process. The landslide was too sudden to even evoke screams from the passengers of the bus and for a few seconds there was silence, broken only by the sounds and reverberations of rolling boulders and the dull thuds echoing from the impact of the rocks against their bus. And then all hell broke loose.

"Bhaago" someone yelled. "Ghaadi se utro. Jaldi!" someone else screamed. But even before a few people could manage to get off the bus through the doors and windows, a deep earth-shaking rumble sounded and suddenly the hillside seemed to cave down upon them.

He drifted into consciousness slowly, his ears ringing and head throbbing violently. He squinted his eyes as he opened them with difficulty and found himself staring into her terrified brown eyes. He quickly took stock of their situation and cursed under his breath. Their bus was hanging down the cliff, precariously resting against one of the decade-old trees that had managed to plant itself firmly into the rocky hillside over the years and was now holding the bus up from a fatal fall into the deep valley. The rain continued with no let up and he guessed he had been knocked out for a few minutes when the huge rocks fell on the bus and pushed it beyond the edge of the cliff. The bus was balanced in a very delicate position, shaking back and forth but all he could see was her petrified eyes. That was when he saw that she was swinging in air, out the window, clinging to his strong arm for dear life. Even when he had been unconscious, he had been holding on to her hand tightly! Her frightened whimpers were all he could hear now, over the shrieking women, yelling men and bawling children in the bus. People were slowly trying to get off the bus and it added to the swaying motion of the bus, always ready to plunge the rest of them into the depths of death.

He tried to move his body slightly and shut his eyes tight when the motion caused a rushing wave of pain to shoot up his right leg and radiate towards his left arm. He looked down and saw that he was holding on to her with his right hand but his lower body was crushed between the mangled remains of two seats and his left arm was twisted at an odd angle, clearly broken. He breathed deeply but coughed violently when he felt a searing pain in his chest. He closed his eyes again, trying to forget about his pain and concentrate only on pulling her up.

"Ghabrao mat. Mere haath pakad kar upar aajao" he whispered hoarsely, even the efforts to speak causing unbearable agony through his bruised and broken body. "Mujhe darr lagraha hai" she whimpered in a tiny voice, chancing a glance at the deep dark abyss beneath her. "Don't!" he ordered, "Don't look down. I won't let you fall. Look into my eyes and climb up slowly" he spoke in a soothing voice.

She nodded her head fearfully and inched ahead, stopping almost immediately when her grip slipped from his arm that was covered by blood flowing down his head by now. She gasped and shifted her gaze from his reassuring deep black eyes, only to catch sight of the ghastly cut on the side of his head and blood was gushing out of it like water from a broken pipeline. She immediately ran a panicked eye down his body and could imagine the pain he was going through just by the bruises she could see.

The terrible sight of his injured body weakened her and when the bus lurched slightly with people jumping away from it, her grip slipped some more. "No no no!" he screamed silently, trying to hold on to her hand but somehow her hands seemed to have lost their fight and slowly slipped down his arm. "No please. Don't! Hold on to me! Everything will be fine" he pleaded but he could see her eyes start to close as she slipped into unconsciousness. Her pleading eyes met his in a final helpless call before they closed completely and she lost the grip she had on his arm.

He watched with horrified eyes as she slowly slipped away and his bloodied arm did not help when he tried to hold on to her. "Koi hume bachao.. Please! Hold on. Just a few minutes" he tried to call for help but his voice did not rise above a whisper and was easily drowned in the din of the rescue mission outside the bus.

As her unconscious body slowly fell from his grip and into the yawning, pitch-black valley, all he could do was scream.

"GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET"

"GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET"

Maan woke up in a torrent of sweat from the same nightmare that was plaguing him for the past two years and sat up on his bed.

~Yeti

---

Whew! So that was the prologue. Tell me if you like the story or not and I am always open to constructive criticism πŸ˜ƒ Waiting for your feedback on YET another Maan-Geet story.... πŸ˜†

PS - Dont be too sad or shocked and send chappals my way.... πŸ˜† I may have a surprise for you soon.... And believe me, this story will be DIFFERENT.... πŸ˜‰

PPS - The Like button is right below and the Post Reply button is at the end of the page... πŸ˜†

Edited by himalayanyeti - 13 years ago
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
well, i loved ur 'dhoka' so think this will also be as intense as that.........looking forward for the story to unfold............can u pm me plz when u update? also want to ask when will u update dhoka.........desperately waiting for it.
himalayanyeti thumbnail

Originally posted by: aamirkhanfan

well, i loved ur 'dhoka' so think this will also be as intense as that.........looking forward for the story to unfold............can u pm me plz when u update? also want to ask when will u update dhoka.........desperately waiting for it.

I will update Dhoka soon... now that this one is out of the way, I can think without getting distracted and write Dhoka peacefully πŸ˜†

will PM you for this one..
bluedreamz953 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...luckily this was a dreaM or I would have sent all the PHATE PURANE CHAPPALS for you....Ur story seems interesting...Please add me to the PM list
himalayanyeti thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigurl953

Wow...luckily this was a dreaM or I would have sent all the PHATE PURANE CHAPPALS for you....Ur story seems interesting...Please add me to the PM list

It is a nightmare from the PAST actually.... that happened in Maan and Geet's life.... πŸ˜‰
*yeti ducks phate purane chapals and runs away* πŸ˜†
.sireesha. thumbnail
Hey Thats simply Superb Dear
Loved it sooooooooooooooo much
Pls Update Soon
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hi yeti
im glad you chose Geet and Maan. Maan is my latest crush and I watch this serial atleast 2 times a day when they are not airing extra romantic scenes.
story is awesome
dhokha na update krne k liye maaf kia! ;)
add me to ur list
Sur
Dhara_s thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Shilpaaaa, thank god your new story is on Maaneet ! I love them ! I was secretly hoping for maaneet when I read the subject of your pm !

Oh my god ! You made me cry in prolouge only ! This is going to be just like Dhokha ! Instant hit !

Writers out here are quite regular in updating, so you better keep up with them !