Godh Bharaai

Article-Janmashthami special

rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Janmashthami special
Buzz up!

Soumita Sengupta/Hill Road Media

Everyone is excited as today at midnight is Lord Krishna's birthday. Everyone from the poles of India will celebrate this festival in their own way. In North India Janmashthami is celebrated for two days. In Mumbai, people fast on the eve of Janmashthami and the next day is dahi handi. Each region has its own way of celebrating  Janmashthami. We ask our TV celebs what they know about Janmashthami, do they celebrate it and whether they are fasting or not?

Showing 1 of 6 images Previous    Next

Pallavi Subhash
Will you be observing a fast today, on the eve of Janmashthami? What is the significance of this festival for you?
No I won't be fasting this Janmashthami, but being a Maharashtrian I will be celebrating this festival. We will actually  have a pooja at home at 12 in the night.  It will be a typical pooja for Krishna Bhagwaan where my mom will keep swinging the jhula of Krishna Bhagwaan. As Krishna Bhagwaan's birth time is at 12,  the pooja will take place then we get to eat the Prasad. That's all I know about it and also tomorrow is Dahi Handi.

What are the special memories associated on these auspicious days?
Yah lots! From when I was a kid and use to go to school on Janmashthami's  I use to go to my nani's place as she was a devout bhakt of Lord Krishna, so we use to celebrate Janmashthami there.  The whole pooja would continue till night followed by food , dance, kirtan I miss those days as my Nani is no more .
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Janmashthami-special&aid=2077

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nilizaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
thanks for the article