Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to work with Shyam Benegal!

Posted: 13 years ago

Actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan has finally given the nod to veteran filmmaker Shyam Benegal

By Subhash K Jha | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

The film to be shot next year would be an out-and-out female-oriented subject to be shot atone stretch.

Says Aishwarya, "I've been working so hard this year that I haven't had a chance to look at scripts. But yes, the one that Shyam Benegal has given me is very very special. We've been meaning to work with one another for years."  👏👏👏

Aishwarya was earlier offered Benegal's Chamki,his screenadaptation of Georges Bizet's classic French opera Carmen.
Laughs Aishwarya, "I don't know how many times that has come to me. He needed to catch the moodduring winter in Rajasthan. And somehow I never had that window in my schedule."
The new Aishwarya-Benegal project takes the actor intoa different time zone.

Explains Aishwarya, "We met in Hyderabad last year when I was shooting there and he was shooting Well Done, Abba. I hope to be able to sit down with him soon to work out the details."
Not willing to divulge any more details at the moment on the Benegal project, all Aishwarya will say is, "It's contemporary. But set in a different frame of time. But it isn't a period film."  😍

And yes, Aishwarya will finally be working with Raj Kumar Santoshi again. Says the actor, "I think Rajji has been offering me a film almost every year. Only once when I had twenty days in my schedulewas I able to work with him in Khakee. Now we'll do something else."

Meanwhile Aishwarya has a very busy year ahead. After Raavan in two versions,Hindi and Tamil, she has Endhiran in Tamil,Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Guzaarish and Vipul Shah's Action Replay coming up by the end of the year.

⭐️  Now Aish is in a different league altogether.  What do the skeptics have to say now?  I knew she had something big planned.  And how bigger can you get with Shyam Benegal?  This is going to be huge.  I smell fireworks.  Anyway, forget Tamil, Hollywood, or any other Hindi projects.  I hope she gives this project a 100% focus.  This could be the perfect film to silence all her critics permanently!   

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
That's great news!!! I'm so happy...more Ash on the big screen!! YAY!!!!!
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: PsicesAqua

FYI, his daughter Shweta has two kids so technically that makes him a grandpa 😊

I know. Why is everybody after her getting pregnant just to make AB sr. a grand-dad 😕. These things happen at its own pace, just leave her alone
stars4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey ash do some romantic movies like ddlj, kkhh,Hahk, mpk....don't do these shyam b, slb, mani , rituparna boring movies....
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anjali10

I know. Why is everybody after her getting pregnant just to make AB sr. a grand-dad 😕. These things happen at its own pace, just leave her alone

so agree!!!