Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Seriousness I hate β€” I am really seriousπŸ˜ƒ...Male or female...If you can laugh at yourself, everything is okay. People laugh at others, bt never laugh at themselves.... It has to be learned. If you can laugh at yourself, seriousness is already gone...I think God is not serious at all...otherwise god would not have been able to create the world if he had no sense of humor....if we check all animals are serious people....they never laugh...they cant laugh...seriousness is part of animality...I think Knowing brings a playfulness...knowing brings a sense of humour. male/female sense of humour is a must..I have lots of female friends who have gr8 sense of humour & I love to laugh and I love it when the person's laugh is funnier than the actual joke.....😊

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

That is why one has got to love Tina Fey. This one is wrong on so many levels, but so funny. Not many women would be up to self deprecating or making fun of this level.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG63XyitP20[/YOUTUBE]

Does "I caught myself singing a Justin Beiber song" go at the beginning or the end of a suicide note?....Sorry Being Mean to Justin Bieber, I think She has Feelings Too πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

women are usually very boring, at least the ones I've met in real life. Apart from farah khan , my mother and her sisters, my granma, I havent met any funny woman/girl in real life, except our sanskirt teacher who called some guy a bas***d. and she wasnt  funny, just the fact that she called him one was.

The only girls who made me laugh on this forum are middy and mahi. The rest arent boring by any means, but they arent FUNNY.

HEY, WHAT ABOUT ME?πŸ˜‰
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

HEY, WHAT ABOUT ME?πŸ˜‰

ur pretty funny too πŸ˜† especially your siggies
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

ur pretty funny too πŸ˜† especially your siggies

Who cares about what you think anywayz. teheheh πŸ˜†
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Now that's a Lil queer! Eesh . . IDK! Maybe it has something to do with genes.

Hey, there are many successful female lyricists and comedians. A Lil less than men, but that's alright. πŸ˜†

So only women are boring and men aren't? I thought this depends on what sorta nature that person has.
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I think my wife Empti is very funny. 😳
Woman are Rulers but certainly not funny..
It's men who r funny...πŸ˜†
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So going by your logic, women aren't funny if they don't become comedians?😲
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
After numerous studies, its has been concluded that humor has nothing to do with nature, and much to do with nurture. There is no "humor" gene that defines our sense of humor or our appreciation for different kinds of humors. These studies were conducted with identical twins, who most of the time don't share a common sense of humor (which they should if were going by the genetic theory).

But, I also read an article - you guys will get a kick out of this one, I promise πŸ˜†- that Brit humor in particular does actually have some genetic linkage. Brit humor is a result of genetic and environmental influences. I'm not exactly sure on how this genetic linkage works, but we all know that Brits are more appreciative of "negative" humor - such as teasing, racism, and sexist humiliation, all of which are considered, by some Americans, to be aggressively sarcastic and degrading. Anyways, regardless of what side you're on, its obvious that American humor and Brit humor are worlds apart. Steve Carell's character in The Office is supposedly much less insensitive in the UK version of the show. Anyways, The Office - regardless of which version - is not my cup of tea at all!

Humor appreciation is actually a cognitive thing. There is a region in our brain - the anterior frontal lobe- that defines our sense of humor. If this part of the brain is damaged, humor appreciation is impaired. What's really interesting is that people who's anterior frontal lobes are damaged only respond well to slapstick humor, and have less to no appreciation for any other kind of humor.

Coming down to the differences between men and women- there is a difference between the style of humor men and women appreciate and initiate. There's a theory out there that suggests that men are generally funnier than women because of higher levels of testosterone in the male body. (Weird, right?) Initially, as a young boy who just hit puberty, guys get aggressive. Later, that aggressiveness "matures", if you will, and turns into wit. Anyways, just a theory, but definitely plausible.

There are also claims that men are generally funnier because of their role in society - because they have to woo women, make friends, etc (although I don't understand that at all since its also true for women) and because "patriarchal society" prevents women from opening up and being herself in society. Which again I find a load of bull - sounds like some feminist agenda hidden behind this theory that makes me roll my eyes!

I don't think its true that women, in general everyday places, can't be funny or extroverted or outgoing, but I honestly cannot stand female stand-up comedians. They don't make me laugh at all!

I think its the whole yin-yang situation at work here. If its true men are funnier, it is also true that women are the one who laugh a lot more than men do, so perhaps the have a greater appreciation of humor? Who knows.