Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Hmm Shad is crazy yeah. But Middy sounds kinda serious to me at times.

LOL! Definitely not as serious as me or POH etc. 😆

yes, middy is serious at times. She aint crazy lol, but she is FUNNY. the funniest in my view. Her choice of words, her timing, etc. :P
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: old-black-joe

naah ur not boring angel like devil :P.

I hold that middy is the funniest gal on this forum :P

can't forget crazy shad 😆

If you said that to make me feel better, thanks daddy.. 😛 

I dunno middy and Mahi.. but, yes P1nk and Sarina are very funny.. 😆 
mr.ass thumbnail
Elen degeneres is kinda funny, but i have NO CLUE why she dances. she is NOT a good dancer.

women are better at business. and multitasking.
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Elen degeneres is kinda funny, but i have NO CLUE why she dances. she is NOT a good dancer.

women are better at business. and multitasking.

Ellen Degeneres always leaves me cracking up.. 😛 She's very very spontaneous and funny! :D

So is Whoopi, I love the way she talks! 😛 

.. I guess so, I agree with the multitasking part.. :)
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 13 years ago

women are usually very boring, at least the ones I've met in real life. Apart from farah khan , my mother and her sisters, my granma, I havent met any funny woman/girl in real life, except our sanskirt teacher who called some guy a bas***d. and she wasnt  funny, just the fact that she called him one was.

The only girls who made me laugh on this forum are middy and mahi. The rest arent boring by any means, but they arent FUNNY.

a controversial theory why women aren't funny 😆

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7izJggqCoA[/YOUTUBE]
mr.ass thumbnail
ironically, the fat man spoke in a very boring manner lol
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

ironically, the fat man spoke in a very boring manner lol

Yup that was a very dry presentation by him. Its ironic that the discussion on funny/unfunny was so sirius.

Anyway here is his original write up: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/01/hitchens200701

The rebuttal article: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/04/funnygirls200804

He makes a couple of valid points though. One thing girls always say that they look for in men is a sense of humor and the ability to make them laugh. So women never have felt the need or pressure to be witty or funny. In fact men tend to feel threatened if the woman is funny. Even within groups of friends, groups of guys always look up to the funny one, the one who makes the most jokes or does the funniest stuff. Groups of women on the other hand are more diverse, sentimentality, maturity, emotions play a major role in socialization and the goof or the funny one is actually lower on the social ladder.

Secondly yes most funny women tend to be dykes or Jews (Ellen, Cho, Sykes, Silverman). Stand up comedy is usually brutal. It needs a lot of confidence and balls to go up on stage and be politically incorrect, to offend, to face the criticism and backlash. Its qualities often frowned upon in women. Except of course if you are a dyke or if you are Jewish (its some auto immunity thing). Muslims have that autoimmunity too but forget female Muslim women, you would be hard pressed to that many Muslim funny men either. Women have to face it, most women are just silly giggly for no good reason at all.

But I don't think his arguments really explain "Why women aren't funny" but more off why "Women are discouraged/not encouraged to be funny". With changing gender roles the stereotypes are changing. Men are being more appreciative to women being funny and many women are stepping upto the plate. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are to women who are known to be good looking as well as funny and popular with the men too. The new face of female comedy.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I loved Tina Fey's potrayal of Sarah Palin on SNL...I think it was one of the highlights of the election that year and I am sure it must have cost the republicans some votes....

I also like Sandra Bullock a lot...she is funny....even when she is in a romantic or a serious role...that funny side sticks to her...

I love Ellen D and her dances....wish she had not come on AI though..

Alright Simi had started a discussion on the dearth of female composers. Somehow we got to discussing women and humor. So I moved the posts here for a discussion on male vs female stand up and sense of humor.
Edited by return_to_hades - 13 years ago
Part of the problem to me is not that women lack a sense of humor or an ability to be funny. For some reason women feel restrained in expressing their humor.  I've had female friends who will crack a really hilarious joke or say something, but won't share it with too many people out of fear that its offensive or politically incorrect or people will look down on that sense of humor.

That is why one has got to love Tina Fey. This one is wrong on so many levels, but so funny. Not many women would be up to self deprecating or making fun of this level.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG63XyitP20[/YOUTUBE]

But this is the one Tina Fey will always be known for.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVIwo5fLYs[/YOUTUBE]