Are women Funny or Not?

Posted: 13 years ago
I haven't seen successful female lyricists either! :O

I have also heard someone(maybe some book) saying that this has something to do with biology, not sure if it's true, and I didn't understand his explaination either.. 😕

Have you seen as many number of female stage comedians as males? No.. you hardly find 'em, like 1-2 in 1000s?

guess it IS something to do with biology.. :\

^^ hormones 🤔 genes 🤔??
women are usually very boring, at least the ones I've met in real life. Apart from farah khan , my mother and her sisters, my granma, I havent met any funny woman/girl in real life, except our sanskirt teacher who called some guy a bas***d. and she wasnt  funny, just the fact that she called him one was.

The only girls who made me laugh on this forum are middy and mahi. The rest arent boring by any means, but they arent FUNNY.
p1nk's really funny too though lol so is sarina :)
Ask anyone.. I'm funny.. 😆

And I'm sure I'm not boring
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

I haven't seen successful female lyricists either! :O

I have also heard someone(maybe some book) saying that this has something to do with biology, not sure if it's true, and I didn't understand his explaination either.. 😕

Have you seen as many number of female stage comedians as males? No.. you hardly find 'em, like 1-2 in 1000s?

guess it IS something to do with biology.. :\

That I would disagree with. There are plenty of female comics and stand up acts too – equally as good too: Ellen DeGeneres, Wanda Sykes, Margaret Cho, Kathy Griffin, Sarah Silverman, Whoopi Goldberg.

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler do not do stand up really but when it comes to comic quotient they are downright brilliant and best in class. The sketches done by these two are totally unforgettable. I can still vividly picture Tina Fey's Palin impersonation "I can see Russia from my House".  There is the other SNL women too Molly Shannon & Rachel Dratch.

Maybe composition, not so much. But I would say women have as good comic chops as men.

naah ur not boring angel like devil :P.

I hold that middy is the funniest gal on this forum :P

can't forget crazy shad 😆
Originally posted by old-black-joe

naah ur not boring angel like devil :P.

I hold that middy is the funniest gal on this forum :P

can't forget crazy shad 😆

Hmm Shad is crazy yeah. But Middy sounds kinda serious to me at times.

LOL! Definitely not as serious as me or POH etc. 😆
Edited by return_to_hades - 13 years ago
rth: female actors can be really funny, better than men too. But as stand up comedians, noone has really ever made me laugh. except for rowan atkisnon, who isnt really standup.

jay leno is quite funny, so is conan.
Originally posted by return_to_hades

That I would disagree with. There are plenty of female comics and stand up acts too ? equally as good too: Ellen DeGeneres, Wanda Sykes, Margaret Cho, Kathy Griffin, Sarah Silverman, Whoopi Goldberg.

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler do not do stand up really but when it comes to comic quotient they are downright brilliant and best in class. The sketches done by these two are totally unforgettable. I can still vividly picture Tina Fey's Palin impersonation "I can see Russia from my House".  There is the other SNL women too Molly Shannon & Rachel Dratch.

Maybe composition, not so much. But I would say women have as good comic chops as men.

RTH, yes, there are standup comedians(female) and yes there are women in general who are funny.. But compared to men, don't you think there are less female comdians/funny girls? :S

By any means, could this all be because of biology is what I want to know.

But, aren't there many female choreographers?? Mia Michaels, Mandy Moore, Saroj Khan, etc etc. Confused