Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Thank you everyone for replying and as always , your views and insights are enriching. At least in Friday's episode , I won't be blaming SR or ArShi for anything. It was just a sad sad turn of events.

As for Armaan, well, as Sid told Riddz that Sid accepted Riddhima with her past , with Armaan , it is evident and acceptable that Armaan will always be the most beautiful memory of Riddhima's life and she will always want to remember Armaan and herself as a beautiful phase that happened and then ended on a favorable note. That is what she has been telling Armaan -

" Tumhe apni zindagi aage badhaani hogi."

Unless Armaan finds an anchor in life and gets out of his self-destructive purgatory , how can SR be happy? Riddhima will feel guilty that because of her Armaan is in this state and Sid too will feel the same.

One must not forget , the SR story sprung from Armaan. Armaan created Siddhima ... so if the root is unhappy , how do you expect the tree to blossom?

As for whom Riddz loves. Well, Riddz will always love Armaan in her own special way because he was that special someone on her life - but she will love him as a girl that she WAS. There will always be affection and warmth.... but when it comes to whom she loves as a woman and with whom she sees her life , it's her husband Siddhanth Modi.

The answer to Riddz' mystery and the questions of all fans lies in that one line that Riddz had told Sid.

" Armaan ne mujhe pyaar karna sikhaaya lekin tumne mujhe pyaar ka matlab samjhaaya."

Not that I expect anyone to understand. Rose was right.... A woman's heart is deep like an ocean.

u got this quote at the perfect spot............indeed.........Rose was right and today wat ridz eyes filled with tears spoke..........could be understood by very few and can be related to this quote even by fewer ppl😳

Edited by sajni786 - 14 years ago
lilmzsunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Two things I disagree with (and bear with me if I misquote - I tried to read through all the comments in 2 minutes ...)

1) Sid goof'd up - I don't think he did. He loves his wife, to death. He's very simple minded, and the circumstances that they got married under were none-to-romantic and not your usual arranged married type either. Also, he seems to keep striking out by trying to please his wife, like the restaurant date, etc. So he asked for some advice - for all intents and purposes - lets assume he's dating a girl, and it's his first or second date, and now it's her bday and he wants to make it special - so he asked for help. Now I haven't seen the whole epi, just the last 2 minutes, and a few seconds here and there, so I'm assuming he asked Sh. for help? And she prolly provided ideas she got from reading her 'Armaan diaries'? So again, I don't think there was any blunder on Sid's part.

2) the dialog you quoted - about Armaan ne pyar karna sikhaya and Sid ne matlab sikhaya one - see that's one I disagree with completely. I know, I know, she said it, she meant it, her life, and all that good stuff. But I don't speak from the ARian in me, but as a 'this is drama and they'll say anything tomove the story along' in me. In those days, they were trying for fillers: fillers till they figured out which route to go; fillers till the signed the contract with SA; fillers till they figured out which group crying for satisfaction was bigger and mightier (SR, AR, KaSH, KaJen, JeRan, etc.). So, they basically wanted to say that she's NOW learning a diff meaning of love, life, and commitment. Of providing support w/o the presence of love or WANTING to provide it, but doing it because your honor, your personality demands it.

If this was a beautifully written book, I would have expected her to say something that didn't put the word 'love' in the picture of SR just yet, atleast not on Ridzi's part. Remember, at that time, she was NOT in love with him just yet. SO I personally don't think the whole 'love ka matlab' part was appropriate there - I think Armaan DID teach her the love ka matlab by being maha patient with her (seems liek a trend, all guys have to do that with her :)). We saw that in the KaSh days, the KaSu days (he even says it then, that he's been very patient with her on again off again demeanor) and the KaJen days up until she broke off the engagement. And yet he stood by her, by her family, took her unnecessary blame games and patiently stayed by her side. In my book THAT is the matlab of love.

But Sid, he did smoething completely different. Firstly, I think he taught her that while they hated each other initially, he STILL stood by her, took care of her, saved her life, and then followed her to GOd knows where to find an Armaan that he didn't even know. And all because he had honor, integrity and self respect, AND respect for her. Then he up and offered to marry her - the girl who he hated, who hated him, who she insulted in front of the entire staff and blamed for molesting her, etc. THAT MAN, stood up for her, and agreed to basically sacrifice his WHOLE LIFE for her (yes, it would be sacrifice, coz he didn't love her then, she didn't love him then, and she was MADLY in love with A at that time). SO, I think ANYONE woudl be bowled over by such a show of honor, integrity, respect, and discipline. And of course, when her haze of craziness shattered, she DID notice and WAS impressed. And that lead to her education of responsibilty - the responsibility that Sid showed, his sense of right and wrong, of dependability, and yes, ultimately LOVE.

Ok - I'll stop typing now - I'm just jabbering, but do you get what I mean? I personally, was loving that scene till she said that. I was loving Sid's expressions, and his reactions, and when she said that, I was like 'aahhhhh man, what a cliche'. I would have rather she said something along the lines of there being so much more to love than life, and Sid's taught her that, or something like how she loved, and lost, with Armaan, but Sid taught her to love the game (i.e life) and not the players (i.e, Armaan).

I dunno, I'm no script writer, but I thought it was a cliche put in a very poignant scene ... sorry :( But I know you doh't mind disagreements :)

As for the question of who she loves and who she doesn't - I think it might be safe to say that NOW - she loves Armaan, still, yeah - but she's not IN LOVE WITH HIM anymore. And she has the utmost faith, respect and trust for Sid, and is well on her way of being IN LOVE with Sid ...

The ARian in me breathes a heavy sigh ... the drama watcher in me ... rubs hand in anticipation of what the turn of events will bring :)
Edited by lilmzsunshine - 14 years ago
StarshineHues thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful post Pocs. It wasn't anyone's fault, just an unfortunate turn of events. Nobody can be blamed for it, really.

And SR are beautiful. I love how Riddhima grew from the girl she was, to the woman, the wife she is. Its been beautiful to watch. She'll always cherish Armaan, but she's Sid's Riddhima now, and forever.

petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
A lovely and a "much" needed post!

Its beyond me to understand how people could bash such an innocent and genuine gesture from Sid..
Anycase, If wanting to celebrate one's wife's birthday in a grand fashion or seeking advice from a colleague to get input on what might please his wife is wrong, then am lost for words.

Any case SR are a beautiful couple and in spite of the fact that the setting reminded R of her past, she tried her level best to put up a smiling face for her husband.. That speaks volumes.
..CrazyInLove.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i agree with you .. i dont think Sid did anything wrong... he just wanted to know wat a girl would like in her party so he could make his first bday with ridz special... And i also believe that Sid hasnt even gotten to noe Riddhima really well so wats wrong if he does take someone elses advice?
431923 thumbnail
cant thank u enuf for opening this post