Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KesariBlueMoon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: WithlovefromUSA

Wow!! ABM...you said it perfectly. I was thinking really hard abt. how to put it in a way that it doesn't make me look like I am a backward person and do not accept friendship between a man and a woman. I am not opposed to that at all. But there are certain norms that we have to follow...be it a friendship between a man-woman, woman-woman or a man-man. And we are not just talking abt. friendship here....we are talking abt. a relationship that they have. And in fact in this situation I would like stand by Simmi. Because if I were in that position, I would have hated my sister and my husband for doing that to me.
But I loved your post and you said exatly what I wanted to say. Hats off to you for putting it a nicest way๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks much WithLovefromUSA, someone agrees with me!! In fact, I was penning the very same kind of words as you while you were writing this...๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by AbhisBlueMoon - 13 years ago
Krisha123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SaNiCo

<font size="2">[I][B]<font color="#0000ff">
Abbis Blue Moon who are we talking about........... Where are these code of etiquette written and who is to decide how a jeeja/saali should or shouldn't behave And while at it let's look and examine these theories about this samaj and this society. The same society who don't care about the two people who love each other because they are not age appropriate. the same society where Manju is doing this tit-for tat for just one reason so she in the process hurts someone the same way she is hurting by losing her son because of the pressure of this same society?? and saying meri khushi .mera beta, not caring about her oldest loving daughter and her happiness in the process///and ruining her family life..........Milli /Abhi both have acted at times much wiser and the genuine compare to some of these bigger relations. If we cared for this samaj so much we would not have this SUPER JODI as to say this whole scenario would have been tabooed by this same society (remember the rocks being thrown at sethi's)
This is all in the theory of relativity. Manju very well knew who lives in that house and how old her youngest one is. She also knew how feisty milli is. Simi knows the bond of friendship Abhi/milli share. Why does it any of Abhi/simi's burden to take care of this Anita/Anuj relocation AGAIN.????

THE KALA BANDER R.S TALKED ABOUT IN THE SCENE IS THIS Manju/Anita concocted plan. Why can't everyone else understand it. This is all the misunderstanding in this very platonic relationship. Abhi /Milli are both behaving just like two siblings would. This is how I look at it. I
just don't see anything or any relationship brewing here. they are both free with each other and there is nothing wrong here. BTW disrobed means to take one's clothes off and no such thing happened here so why go there?????

You can't hide the elephant in your pocket so how can if anything wrong could be hidden here. Of course there will be EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE but this does not seemed to be the one which is an exception.
Even Mrs Kalawati didn't doubt this because there isn't anything to doubt to date............

Now I love you for suggesting the scene of Dolly Chachi running after R.S and Surinder Chacha running after Manju. I would love the front row seat for this happy happening, But here is a problem with the old school of thoughts and our Manju and Dolly are perfect example of that. To change their mind set is not only difficult but impossible. But we are talking about the younger more mature and more educated generation here. Who are willing to relax and not always be in veil and be open-minded and not just live in the box and follow the given rules by the society. They do relate to others and respect the relationship in their own ways. Is there anything wrong with that???

TO-DATE there is nothing shown otherwise for us to doubt this relationship!!!!!!!!

I agree with you Sanico, this is a platonic relationship and nothing is going to happen in this serial and we need to clear our mind.
WithlovefromUSA thumbnail

Abbis Blue Moon who are we talking about........... Where are these code of etiquette written and who is to decide how a jeeja/saali should or shouldn't behave  And while at it let's look and examine these theories about this samaj and this society.   The same society who don't care about the two people who love each other because they are not age appropriate.  the same society where Manju is doing this tit-for tat for just one reason so she in the process hurts someone the same way she is hurting by losing her son because of the pressure of this same society?? and saying meri khushi .mera beta, not caring about her oldest loving daughter and her happiness in the process///and ruining her family life..........Milli /Abhi both have acted at times much wiser and the genuine compare to some of these  bigger relations. If we cared for this samaj so much we would not have this SUPER JODI as to say this whole scenario would have been tabooed by this same society (remember the rocks being thrown at sethi's)
This is all in the theory of relativity.  Manju very well knew who lives in that house and how old her youngest one is.  She also knew how feisty milli is.  Simi knows the bond of friendship Abhi/milli share.  Why does it any of Abhi/simi's burden to take care of this Anita/Anuj relocation AGAIN.????

THE KALA BANDER R.S TALKED ABOUT IN THE SCENE IS THIS Manju/Anita concocted plan. Why can't everyone else understand it.  This is all the misunderstanding in this very platonic relationship.  Abhi /Milli are both behaving just like two siblings would.  This is how I look at it.  I
just don't see anything or any relationship brewing here.  they are both free with each other and there is nothing wrong here. BTW disrobed means to take one's clothes off and no such thing happened here so why go there?????

You can't hide the elephant in your pocket so how can if anything wrong could be hidden here.  Of course there will be EXCEPTIONS TO EVERY RULE but this does not seemed to be the one which is an exception.
Even Mrs Kalawati didn't doubt this because there isn't anything to doubt to date............

Now I love you for suggesting the scene of Dolly Chachi running after R.S and Surinder Chacha running after Manju.  I would love the front row seat for this happy  happening,  But here is a problem with the old school of thoughts and our Manju and Dolly are perfect example of that.  To change their mind set is not only difficult but impossible.  But we are talking about the younger more mature and more educated generation here.  Who are willing to relax and not always be in veil and be open-minded and not just live in the box and follow the given rules by the society.  They do relate to others and respect the relationship in their own ways. Is there anything wrong with that???

TO-DATE there is nothing shown otherwise for us to doubt this relationship!!!!!!!!!

I don't think there is a book of ethics that we all have to read before we are thrown out in the society. You just learn them while growing up. There were things I used to do when I was 7 yr. old...But now that I'm grown up and I am still doing them.....what would be the reaction of people around me๐Ÿ˜‰ I don't want to act like a 50 yr old woman....because I'm not But I don't want to act like a 7 yr old either. Haven't you heard of a common expression, ' act your age' This is what it is all abt. And relationships do have boundaries.....and you don't cross them whatever the situation is  PERIOD
pageant101 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mesimi

Just my opinion. Looking forward to all your comments.

Would like to know what most of the members feel.

Mesimi beautiful banner and perfect for these sentiments.  Till I see anything wrong and worth  doubting this is just that two siblings living together and nothing more so far or in the future.
We still miss the relationship between Anita/Abhi and still reminisce about it.  How many times we have written about this beautiful brother/sister bond SO WHY NOT the same for Abhi/Milli bond.  In all practicality he is her brother-in-law.  So why not take the legalities out and let him be the brother he is and live with that notion???????

Neil-fan thumbnail

kalabhi ...You just proved my  point at its best and thank-you for that.  Your mom a very wise lady to  believe in her daughter  and her  decision but also was afraid of this society not to understand this decision of yours.  This is the same society who wouldn't let you live after your were a widow?????? Has it not changed its tune on that note????/ And please stop using the word DISROBED....
Yes Milli should always knock and before entering any one's bedroom one should announce them-self but Simi did just that and her wrists were never slapped by anyone.  Milli did just that before in the barsaaati and no one including Simi said anything so probably this is just a tradition among the Sethi Gals.

yes thank you sanico my mom was a very wise lady and as i have told you before i do not suspect abhi-mili relationshiip. I am only concerned to the as to what extent  they can show the physicality between them. Yes widow remarriage has happened thankfully for the good.  
I am not against society changing their  views  towards  friendship and jeeju/saali relationship also, but just because we are in modern times doesnt mean we cross the lines of decency.
I am afraid that is what is happening out here. BTW that line of decency is different for different people.
I dont remember reading your comments about neetu but would like to know your views.
If your thoughts are consistent with what you have been saying then i do not believe you should not have thought neetu did any wrong. She was in love and saw nothing wrong in comitting herself to a guy who the heck cares about society and they will change their views about that and accept a woman to have a child out of wedlock. heck why only wed lock, live in relationships are also acceptable and society is accepting and changing their views on that also.  Personally I dont have a problem with that, if a woman wants to have a child she can do so however she chooses too even if she wants to live with a guy its her choice. But if by that decision of hers other people are affected, then she has to think twice about it. Same here to with abhi and Mili, if it is hurting others they have to think about it .

BTW i did not get the slapping wrist joke care to elaborate. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

pageant101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mesimi

Just my opinion. Looking forward to all your comments.

Would like to know what most of the members feel.

Love your banner and so perfect with the current sentiments.  We all love the Abhi/Anita relationship and always miss that bonding.  We reminisce and want some more of that and on that note why not make new ones.  Abhi is Milli's brother-in-law so why not take the legalities out in the open and let him be just the brother here for a change and go with that notion.  Beautiful banner with this double relationship.........................
KesariBlueMoon thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalabhi

platonic relationships mesimi and ABM i have had many of them too with my colleagues and friends but the difference is where to draw the line. In fact most of my friends(boys) during my college days came home and would talk more to my mom than me. My parents had no problem with it and i think most reasonable parents would not have a problem with that kind of friendship. But one incident let me tell you , it so happened that the whole gang of us had gone for a movie, happened to be an evening show. It was raining heavily outside all of us scattered who had to take autos took it and went home. One of my guy friends offered to drop me on his bike, I saw no reason to refuse since i have been on his bike before and saw nothing wrong in it. But once i reached home drenched, he saw me in and said bye to my mom, my mother sat me down and explained. Beta what you did today will not be taken in the right spirit by people around you. Please look at the situation it was late night, it was late night 10: 30 or so, upon  that i come home drenched with a guy on a bike. Both of us had no such feelings for each other but i did realize what my mom was trying to say and she had a point. And as far as colleagues are concerned mesimi at least in the work place in the U. S people are pretty careful as how they behave, touch  because it can lead to sexual harassment cases.

The same goes here for Abhi-Mili relationship where do you draw the line. A peck on the cheek, a hug, taking keys out of pocket, running around tickling . Imagine if this running around had happened in the KArolbagh neighborhood outside are the people going to say "oh kitna pyaara jeeju-saali rishta hain". ๐Ÿ˜‰Whether we like it or not we are living in a society that is bound by norms. ABM i agree with you had Simi been running around tickling Omi how would it have looked. Just because Mili is the youngest and seems little, are rules different for her. If Anita gave a peck on the cheek to NAkul, after all he is her cousin, or ran around tickling him would you accept that.
There is a difference between Anuj running behind Mili and Abhi running behind Mili period
no matter how innocent Abhi-mili rishta is  i feel to they have crossed the line and Simi is not wrong in telling Mili to be careful and to give Simi due credit, she said it in a very nice way to mili.
ABM i also agree with you that when Mili saw Abhi disrobed by accident, any decent girl would have averted her eyes and said I am sorry and gone out of the room laughing. His reaction should have been of sheepish embarassment. Yes they could have laughed about it after he came out of his room. First of all Mili entering the room itself when abhi was asleep (remember she thought abhi was asleep) was a no-no.
I am great friends  to my sister and jeeju too, but would not enter a darkened room if my jeeju and sister were sleeping there, I would have definitely announced myself and taken permission before going in. Any decent girl would do that no matter how carried away she is in the moment.

this is my opinion .

I loved the alternate scenario for both Mili's and Abhi's reaction. That would have been the dignified way to handle it. I agree with you, there is a BIG difference between the way you behave with your own brother and rest.  BIL is not brother, only by legal consent of your sister do you have this relation.
Edited by AbhisBlueMoon - 13 years ago
pageant101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kalabhi

yes thank you sanico my mom was a very wise lady and as i have told you before i do not suspect abhi-mili relationshiip. I am only concerned to the as to what extent  they can show the physicality between them. Yes widow remarriage has happened thankfully for the good.  
I am not against society changing their  views  towards  friendship and jeeju/saali relationship also, but just because we are in modern times doesnt mean we cross the lines of decency.
I am afraid that is what is happening out here. BTW that line of decency is different for different people.
I dont remember reading your comments about neetu but would like to know your views.
If your thoughts are consistent with what you have been saying then i do not believe you should not have thought neetu did any wrong. She was in love and saw nothing wrong in comitting herself to a guy who the heck cares about society and they will change their views about that and accept a woman to have a child out of wedlock. heck why only wed lock, live in relationships are also acceptable and society is accepting and changing their views on that also.  Personally I dont have a problem with that, if a woman wants to have a child she can do so however she chooses too even if she wants to live with a guy its her choice. But if by that decision of hers other people are affected, then she has to think twice about it. Same here to with abhi and Mili, if it is hurting others they have to think about it .

BTW i did not get the slapping wrist joke care to elaborate. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This is  no joke but a true event.  Our Simi entered in the bedroom of Anita/Anuj and she opened the door while they were in bed.  This is what I mean the tradition going on here with the Sethi gals.  (where the F.D was an issue.)

pageant101 thumbnail
[QUOTE=WithlovefromUSA]
I don't think there is a book of ethics that we all have to read before we are thrown out in the society. You just learn them while growing up. There were things I used to do when I was 7 yr. old...But now that I'm grown up and I am still doing them.....what would be the reaction of people around me๐Ÿ˜‰ I don't want to act like a 50 yr old woman....because I'm not But I don't want to act like a 7 yr old either. Haven't you heard of a common expression, ' act your age' This is what it is all abt. And relationships do have boundaries.....and you don't cross them whatever the situation is  PERIOD
[/QUOTE

Very true ACT YOUR AGE AND THE REST IS..... NOT YOUR SHOE SIZE!!!!!!!!!!!]
Edited by SaNiCo - 13 years ago
KesariBlueMoon thumbnail

Love your banner and so perfect with the current sentiments.  We all love the Abhi/Anita relationship and always miss that bonding.  We reminisce and want some more of that and on that note why not make new ones.  Abhi is Milli's brother-in-law so why not take the legalities out in the open and let him be just the brother here for a change and go with that notion.  Beautiful banner with this double relationship.........................

I agree we love the Anita/Abhi brother and sister relationship and miss it.Pretending that Abhi Mili are doesn't make it so.
I don't understand how you take "legalities out in the open."