*~SONU NIGAM APPRECIATION THREAD~*

Shreyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
  Sonu has always been my most favourite since my childhood, when I was in 5th std I heard Sonu's "Suraj hua madham" & "Iss pyaar ko kya naam du" & from that time I became an ardent fan of him, he is simply marvellous. Besides being a very big fan of Shreya I am also a very big fan of Sonu. He's sweet soothing voice has some magic.😛 He's voice always touches the listeners heart. Sonu is really humble in nature too. He is such a charming, soulful & multi-talented singer.😊

Sonu Nigam born on 30th July, is a Leo, one who is just what he looks like-sincere and charming, and has a great sense of humour. He is the only son of Agam Kumar Nigam, a popular singer in North India. He developed a liking for music early on. He then moved to Bombay where he studied in college, via correspondence, because his struggle for work, that is to become a singer, had already begun by then.

The first episode of "Sa Re Ga Ma" was aired on 1 May 1995. Singing offers poured in thereafter, albeit slowly at first. He rose to fame with the Anu Malik composed song "Sandese Aate Hain," in Border in 1997. Sonu's sang "Yeh Dil Deewana" in Pardes in the same year. Since then, he has created a unique style of his own, and has become a role model for emerging vocal talent in India.[3]

Over the years, Sonu has become a major force in the Indian music industry. He has provided playback singing for a large number of Hindi movies and won many awards. He is recognised for his sweet & versatile voice as well as excellent emotion range. Sonu has sung with clear pronunciations, in many languages besides Hindi, including Bengali, Oriya, Kannada, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, English, Bhojpuri, Urdu, Nepali and Marathi.[3] He remains particularly popular in Southern India for his Kannada songs and has won a few awards in this particular industry.His Kannada album called Neene Bari Neene released all over in 2009. Besides singing Sonu also tried out acting in movies like Jaanidushman, love in nepal etc.

Sonu Niigaam-The best singer in the country. He has sung over in over 10000 films for almost all the actors in the country from Big B to Salman khan (many people associate sonus voice with salmans face) to SRK to Shahid kapoor, the songs are too many to name..... I am sharing a few of my favourite songs:

Suraj hua madham(K3G)

Iss pyaa ko kya naam do(mujhe kuch kehna hai)

Saathiyaa (saathiyaa)

Main hoon naa (main hoon naa)

Tumse milka dilka(main hoon naa)

Sandesse (border)

Dheere jalna (paheli)

Pyaar ki ek kahaani (krissh)

Kabhi alvida naa kehna (KANK)

Sau dard (jaaneman),

Tu hawa hai (fiza)

Kal hoo naa hoo

Salaame-ishq

Parineeta songs, Refugee songs etc.

Then the recent ones Shukranallah, Dont say alvida, Ishq hi hai rab, All the 3 songs of 3 idiots.

Sonu's interview:

Sonu nigam mimicry:

Sonu's start in Saregama, 1st episode:

Sonu's best Kannada songs:

I would be happy to see your replies & do share your favourite songs of Sonu.😊

Edited by Shreyacool - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khajju thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
yaa same with me...i just luv him and his voice...he is my fav singer too...he has a sweet,smoothsoothing,magical voice...who can touch anyones heart.......i use to hear his songs to relax my self....he is sooooooo cute....all his songs are my fav.....but in the top of list are:Suraj hua madham,ishq hua,shukran allah,saathiya,panchi nadiyaan(frm refugee),zoobi doobi,keh rah hai,chup chupke,mere haath main,dekho naa,kabhi alvida naa kehna,tumhi dekho naa,dont say alvida,pyaar ki ek kahaani,do pal ruka,satrangi re,sau dard,yeh dil deewana,gum shuda,jiya boley,tu hawa hai fiza hai,main hoon naa,hum hai rahi pyar ke..and many many many more....all and all all his songs are my favourites...luv u sonu...u r the best 😊Edited by khajju - 13 years ago
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I first heard Sonu in the Tele serial 'chandrakanta'... I was a kid but I never missed the title track coz the singer had such a mesmerizing voice and till date his golden voice soothes me!
When I'm at work and need to concentrate or need to relax I turn to songs and Sonu is one singer who, never lets me down, if I may say so...
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
this is perhaps my fav song of sonu nigam.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N7KoEacoxA[/YOUTUBE]
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: cosworthkid007

this is perhaps my fav song of sonu nigam.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N7KoEacoxA[/YOUTUBE]

I love this song more coz Sonu sang for my fav SRK and Sonu said that he loved singing for SRK 😃
esseesse thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOWY3NPAYY[/YOUTUBE]

another sonu nigam track. highly underrated and forgotten but nicely sung. just the karoke should be minus half.
neetusidhu thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i completely agree with you all...totally love sonu nigam......i always have after listening to his song tu and sandese aate hai.....when they first appeared i had no idea it was the same artist.......but after realizing this fact have been a huge fan of his...just love him
miggie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Sonu Niigaam is also my favourite singer...he is an amazing and versitile singer... and a wonderful human being.

esseesse thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTFPnibmBS8[/YOUTUBE]
esseesse thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnVBGj1ZS8Q[/YOUTUBE]