Both Sreeram and Rakesh deserves to be in top 2 - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
1. Its not the first time that reality show contestants got the chance to do  playback while still taking part in the competetion. During Sa re ga ma pa Raja Hasan, Mauli dave, Pratibha  did playback for the movies.

2. Most of the contestant in this edition of II are recyclced contestants. Manisha, Vishwas, Yashraj ( he was winner), Shashi, cant remember other name ( there are too many). So most of the contestant have already made fan base. However most of the recycled contestants were eliminated early. Tht only proved that previous participation does not make much difference.

Originally posted by: SlumGOD

1. Its not the first time that reality show contestants got the chance to do  playback while still taking part in the competetion. During Sa re ga ma pa Raja Hasan, Mauli dave, Pratibha  did playback for the movies.

2. Most of the contestant in this edition of II are recyclced contestants. Manisha, Vishwas, Yashraj ( he was winner), Shashi, cant remember other name ( there are too many). So most of the contestant have already made fan base. However most of the recycled contestants were eliminated early. Tht only proved that previous participation does not make much difference.

Your points are quite fair.

If in the past others also got a chance to sing while competing and if it was also advertised in front other contestants then it's pretty sad because it's very discouraging.

I have no issues with him singing in a movie while still competing. My issue is with the way it was advertised in front of other contestants. Hope you can understand the difference and my point.

Regarding recycled contestants. Fair point as it does explain that he can hold up against good singing. But how many of them have the kind of inroads into one of the major regional cinemas as Sreeram has? Honestly, Tollywood is one of the bigger industries in India. Again Sreeram was right in trying to get into II5 but the fact that he was allowed to participate is my issue.

This is just my opinion so please take it as that.
Edited by loonyleo - 13 years ago
kallu_be thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Didn't understand your point buddy. I am a south Indian living in the south. What's the point you are trying to make? Is it that Shreeram did not have any fanbase because he won programs judged by judges and not by popular voting? Or that people in the south don't understand or watch hindi programming? If it is the second, that is a silly sterotype.

Sorry to say, this might be a stereotype in kerala where main stream movie industry does not exist and people go look for other industry's to cater the needs. Apart from people from Hyderabad and vizag and muslim families, very few people from follows Hindi programs. I have asked all my near relatives and friends from AP about sreeram, apart from a cousin who is living in Bangalore no one seems to know about him.

No it is not fair and square. There is a difference. When you talk about singing and a fanbase, it is directly propotional to how many people your talenti.e. singing reaches. More the people watching, more the chance of people liking it. Movies orpopularTV. He had an edge starting off. A whole state worth.

If he has a edge of whole state worth, they why he had to be saved by judges from top 16 to top 13.

There is a big difference between critically acclaimed arty period pieces and what we are talking about right now which is mainstream popular cinema.

Might be true, but i have already made the point that how winning an award by actress translates to the success of a singer. That movie is a success for its story and not for its music.

I have read news about press conferences and the like where people in the industry have requested the locals to vote for him. By the way of all the top 17 contestants, his is the only case that I have read where a local/regional industry has gone ahead and openly supported someone. By the way I never said an actor backed him. Singers also are part of the industry. [/P]
So nowyou are saying that an actor named Sushanth backed him as well. This is news. Thanks 😃.

Yes, this might be true. This has happened with other contestants too. Prashanth tamang has the backing of whole police department from WB. Sourabhi has support from whole north east where politicians competed in promoting her. Sandeep has whole backing of cash rich marwari belt. I didn't find any wrong in sreeram asking his friends from industry backing him up and promoting him.

You mean to say people in general in AP don't watch II5 even with Sreeram participating? Does not make any sense. Karunya per your own condition should be known around the place since he was an II finalist himself. Are all of Karunya's fanswho took him to the final not getting influenced and voting?I agree with you. The show was blatantly promoting him. I have always maintained that selection process was the problem. I like Sreeram's singing.

Yes, people in AP doesn't watch Indian Idol as there is one more program called "super singers" which airs at exactly the same time where established singers in the telugu industry participate against each other. The people who are promoting sreeram in AP are participating in it and telugu people find it more entertaining than Indian Idol.

Just read my post answering sushrutapande on this topic. Actually it's more clear there. I don't want to keep repeating myself.[What's there to confirm whether your opinion carries any value either. I am just giving an opinion and I think the forum is meant to be that only. Take it as that. Don't fret over it.

Sorry for touching your raw nerve. :D

You mean to say thatmost of his old fans who are voting from AP now have manged to forget all his past performances on Telugureality shows there/ Telugu movies?Are theyable to view him as objectively and impartiallyas anybody else in the show? If yes, it goes against normal human psyche. If in a remote chance it is actually happening, I will take my point back.

If his old fans are voting for him with such a vigor, then why has to be saved by judges in Top 16- Top 13 round. He didn't have that kind of problem after first gala, which implies that he is getting votes from his newly made fans after first gala.

I am not judging others. All Isaid is what I don't want to be. Why are you inferring? Did I say anything about others? I think you are the one passing judgements.

[COLOR=BLUE]
Don't fret over my post, its in your words that you have mentioned that people are supporting sreeram blindly.

Someone who has not sung playbackin a mainstreammovie. I think that is an objective enough statement.

Thanks for your clarification, but i will not accept the notion that singing in a mainstream movie will make any one pro.

I did not know that you were paying my electricity/cable bill. Dude, I am just voicing my opinion. You can leave a certain point blank if you don't have anything to say. Why are you getting personal? Your angry response only seems to show that you don't have anything substantial to say.

Hey! again, I like him and all my best wishes for him. My point is against the selection process

Plz don't take it another way, i was laughing with my friends at your post and its his views that you should stop watching II if you have so many complaints against sony.
Edited by kallu_be - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: loonyleo

Your points are quite fair.

If in the past others also got a chance to sing while compet wing and if it was also advertised in front other contestants then it's pretty sad because it's very discouraging.
 I have no issues with him singing in a movie while still competing. My issue is with the way it was advertised in front of other contestants. Hope you can understand the difference and my point.

Mentors did announce tht they had recorded the song with the contestants. I dient find it discouraging at all. Your opinion is respect hence I also expect mine to be respected too. He who deserve got the chance. Fair enough.

Regarding recycled contestants. Fair point as it does explain that he can hold up against good singing. But how many of them have the kind of inroads into one of the major regional cinemas as Sreeram has? Honestly, Tollywood is one of the bigger industries in India. Again Sreeram was right in trying to get into II5 but the fact that he was allowed to participate is my issue.

Basically that mean you dont have beef against one taking part in previous contestants. You do have concern with his presence in Tollywood industry. Tollywood is a bigger industry but who knows about Sreeram. I didnt know. I even asked my few Southie friend , they didnt know too. So basically despite being playback singer, he has low profile which is not advantage.  There are diferent type of advantage for which contestants can use. Like Regional, police support, army support. SO you mean any contestant from North East, Police or army should not be allowed to participate?

This is just my opinion so please take it as that.

Edited by SlumGOD - 13 years ago
Sorry to say, this might be a stereotype in kerala where main stream movie industry does not exist and people go look for other industry's to cater the needs. Apart from people from Hyderabad and vizag and muslim families, very few people from follows Hindi programs. I have asked all my near relatives and friends from AP about sreeram, apart from a cousin who is living in Bangalore no one seems to know about him.

LOL. Movies in Kerala suck nowadays anyway. Jokes apart, if you can so conclusively say about people in general in AP based on your near relatives and friends, then it MUST be true. Sad that I have to resort to sarcasm. Anyway, point noted that your view holds true for everybody in AP 😃

By the way. you never explained what you wanted to say in the first place. If you notice I had asked you what exactly was your point.

If he has a edge of whole state worth, they why he had to be saved by judges from top 16 to top 13

You have the final vote count split from that time to show that Sreeram had to be saved by the judges? The last episode made it very clear that the show has been scripted quite a bit. Anyway, your point in denial is ok by me...LOL

Might be true, but i have already made the point that how winning an award by actress translates to the success of a singer. That movie is a success for its story and not for its music.

I never said success, I thought we were talking about exposure, potential to enter bollywood and having a leg up in the industry in general. And yes, there are instances where music has saved movies. I am not saying this was the case here.

Yes, this might be true. This has happened with other contestants too. Prashanth tamang has the backing of whole police department from WB. Sourabhi has support from whole north east where politicians competed in promoting her. Sandeep has whole backing of cash rich marwari belt. I didn't find any wrong in sreeram asking his friends from industry backing him up and promoting him.

Yes, agreed but this time, the industry is still the same, which is the film industry. I don't think Prashant Tamang was getting paid for singing in the police force or that the police force made movies where his singing was required. Salim Suleiman for example, are bollywood composers but that doesn't stop them from composing for other regional industries. Recent developments are a case in point.

Yes, people in AP doesn't watch Indian Idol as there is one more program called "super singers" which airs at exactly the same time where established singers in the telugu industry participate against each other. The people who are promoting sreeram in AP are participating in it and telugu people find it more entertaining than Indian Idol.

Ok fine. I hope you are not basing your conclusion again on your near relatives and friends.

Sorry for touching your raw nerve. :D
I apologize for touching a lot more of your raw nerves. 😃

If his old fans are voting for him with such a vigor, then why has to be saved by judges in Top 16- Top 13 round. He didn't have that kind of problem after first gala, which implies that he is getting votes from his newly made fans after first gala.

Are the judges independent of the show format? Again, do you have the vote count? I thought they were part of the selection process that let him in. Hence my problem with the selection process.

Don't fret over my post, its in your words that you have mentioned that people are supporting sreeram blindly.

I said and I quote "I like Sreeram but not blindly. I admit he is a good singer and definitely belongs inplayback. My reservations are only due to his professional background. His spot should have gone to someone more in need of exposure..

Where have I mentioned anything about anyone else but me? Don't read too much into it and misconstrue it.

Thanks for your clarification, but i will not accept the notion that singing in a mainstream movie will make any one pro.

Fair enough, your conviction against mine.

Plz don't take it another way, i was laughing with my friends at your post and its his views that you should stop watching II if you have so many complaints against sony.
Fine, it's up to me whether to take your advice or not. ðŸ˜ƒ 

I did not know your friends influence your comments so much. I just hope people voting in the Hyderabad, Vizag etc. are not so easily swayed into voting for somebody because their friends said so.

Anyway, let's just agree to disagree.
@SlumGOD

1. Fine. Fair enough to have an opinion. I respect your views just as I do mine.

2. Again, I am just saying that this guy had a leg up in the industry. He is 24 and he is just starting out. Most of the well known singers did not become popular in a day. Just because he has a low profile now does not mean he will be like that for ever. His recent movies were not small time movies. He is talented and yes would have been noticed.

The whole idea of II5 is to get a new playback singer (as per the website). Sreeram had a leg up in the industry and was already part of it. What I meant is that instead giving a chance to a new talent and encouraging him/her. They have given the chance to a lesser known person from within the industry.

Army, politics, police etc. I don't think are part of the film industry in my view 😃. If the northeast contestant was from a film industry big enough, then yes for sure I have a problem with that. Hey! it's just my opinion.

I am tired of explaining this anyway. Again it is your conviction to mine. You respect mine and I will respect yours. 
kallu_be thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
LOL. Movies in Kerala suck nowadays anyway. Jokes apart, if you can so conclusively say about people in general in AP based on your near relatives and friends, then it MUST be true.Sad that I have to resort to sarcasm. Anyway, point noted that your view holds true for everybody in AP 😃

My family is a typical urban upper middle class who can understand Hindi so does my friends circle. If this segment doesn't watch Indian Idol you can assume the condition in the rest of the state.

By the way. you never explained what you wanted to say in the first place. If you notice I had asked you what exactly was your point.

My point is even if he has some fans in AP, it doesn't always translates to votes.

You have the final vote count split from that time to show that Sreeram had to be saved by the judges? The last episode made it very clear that the show has been scripted quite a bit. Anyway, your point in denial is ok by me...LOL

Are you assuming that its scripted or did you know for sure. If you are assuming, then sorry i tend to disagree.

I never said success, I thought we were talking about exposure, potentialto enter bollywoodand having a leg up in the industry in general. And yes, there are instances where music hassaved movies. I am not saying this wasthecase here.

Does exposure in Telugu Film Industry guarantees him for getting into bollywood. There are many good singers in south like Rahul Nambiar(from your state) who still didn't got a chance to sing in bollywood even they made a mark in Telugu/Tamil movie industry singing under big banner.

Winning in II does catapult their career by atleast 5 years which makes a lot of difference.

Yes, agreed but this time, the industry is still the same, which is the film industry. I don't think Prashant Tamang was getting paid forsinging in the police force or that the police force made movies where his singing was required. Salim Suleiman for example, are bollywood composers but that doesn't stop them from composing for other regional industries. Recent developments are a case in point.

No, TFI is not same as HFI, how many songs did sreeram sang for music directors from bollywoood?

Ok fine. I hope you are not basing your conclusion again on your near relatives and friends.

My posts are not based on assumptions but on proper inferences and of ground reality.

Are the judges independent of the show format? Again, do you have thevote count?I thought they were part of the selection process that let him in. Hence my problem with the selection process.

So you don't have faith in Judges and the results announced by II and as far as selection process is considered its just your personal opinion and i respect that through not agree.

I said and I quote "I like Sreeram but not blindly. I admit he is a good singer and definitely belongs inplayback. My reservations are only due to his professional background. His spot should have gone to someone more in need of exposure..

II is not just for exposure, it catapults your career from nobody to famous. It not just expose you as a singer but makes you a star. I think sreeram is perfectly fit for this program as he is not a star earlier. For getting exposure there are many other programs that go on and on in the local channels of every state.

Fine, it's up to me whether to take your advice or not.😃

Of course.

I did not know your friends influence your comments so much. I just hope people voting in the Hyderabad, Vizag etc. are not so easily swayed into voting for somebody because their friends said so.

I stay in mumbai with my friends who are gujju and ghati. They are crazy about sreeram more than me and if i involve them in this conversation it will become anything but a conversation.
Edited by kallu_be - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: loonyleo

@SlumGOD

1. Fine. Fair enough to have an opinion. I respect your views just as I do mine.

2. Again, I am just saying that this guy had a leg up in the industry. He is 24 and he is just starting out. Most of the well known singers did not become popular in a day. Just because he has a low profile now does not mean he will be like that for ever. His r heecent movies were not small time movies. He is talented and yes would have been noticed.

Yah foot in the industry but that was only Regional. He might have make big in Telugu but are you sure about his chances in Bollywood too without II. Well many did like SPB etc but you never know. Just based on his playback experience you cant claim tht he would have impacted in Bollywood to without mainstream exposure.

The whole idea of II5 is to get a new playback singer (as per the website). Sreeram had a leg up in the industry and was already part of it. What I meant is that instead giving a chance to a new talent and encouraging him/her. They have given the chance to a lesser known person from within the industry.

Once again see my the above post.  Its all bout finding the face of bollwood and hindi mainstream music industry.

Army, politics, police etc. I don't think are part of the film industry in my view 😃. If the northeast contestant was from a film industry big enough, then yes for sure I have a problem with that. Hey! it's just my opinion.

Yes they are not from film industry but they do have advantages over other contestants.  The truth is no one other than north east would have given dam eventhough he or she is big in those states. Just ask people in this forum how many people know about Sreeram before II.

I am tired of explaining this anyway. Again it is your conviction to mine. You respect mine and I will respect yours. 

If you have problem then just dont vote for him or do not support him. Just like you opinion we hve one too. Anway Opinions are like asshole and everybody got one.

Originally posted by: sheeba1990

Look thats why I have said that this overhyped sreeram should not have been allowed to compete  with the amateurs and comparatively new singers , also people are overhyping him for no apparent reason 

Sony people are the authorised people who could decide whether Sreeram should have been granted particiipation in II. Since you have deep inside contact with crew members and people from production house, why dont you use your influence to bar him from further participation.😊

Sreeram is not hyped at all. He is getting what he deserved. If you didnt thnk so , watch is performance once again. I beleive you know how to do tht

BTW , who is going to be eliminated this time ? Any inside information?😎
@slumGOD

LOL my sentiments exactly. Don't want to discuss it any further.

Yes, Opinions are like assholes and everyone's got one. A few are even insecure enough to parade theirs around as if their's is truely special. But everybody knows it's just an asshole blowing wind.

Just a joke. No offense meant. Let the better talent win. Nothing you or I can do about Sreeram being there so let's enjoy his singing. Which I still maintain is good. Peace bro. 😃