Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I can't decide if I like Shivam better or Rakesh. I keep switching back and forth. Rakesh is a good singer, but I (personally) feel that he is a little forgetful. Its hard to remember what his performance was last week. He doesn't have as much stage presence as Sreeram or Shivam. Rakesh also lacks versatility ... his songs are mostly in the same range and genre. And even if we lay that fact aside, I think even his expressions lack versatility. He doesn't have that oomph in his voice that makes you go wow, even though he may be technically perfect.

On the other hand, we have Shivam. Shivam is cutie, with stage presence, and qualities that an Idol should have. But Shivam has a very immature voice. His voice gets screechy and squeaky at times. His voice hasn't matured yet, and I don't see any immediate playback offers in the near future. Having said that, Shivam is versatile. He's an all-rounder, and he has the definite potential to make it big. He has the overall package. But what good is verstality or the "complete package" if its not technically perfect?

I'm confoosed to say the least. 😆

To be honest, if Rakesh or Shivam win Indian Idol, they will be lost in the crowd. There are too many aspiring "Rakesh"s and "Shivam"s out there already. If Sreeram wins, I think we will see him make it big. Just a gut feeling.

Now I'm outta here before all these Rakesh fans and Shivam fans come running after me! 😆

kaushikbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rths

It is an open book ,that he indeed sing in and around 20 movies,and performed 3 concerts,accompanying main singers.
Your perspective and mine are different,his concerts are mostly to gain exposure ,he accompanied some established personalities of the music industry from south as he was an upcoming singer from south.

Being a non hindi speaking person, he has been able to perform incredibly on this show.Instead of appreciating that ,unfortunately some minor or inavalid points are being highlighted.It would be better if people take a wholistic view of his performances instead of nitpicking.

It appears that the viewers seem to be more knowledgeable about the show rules  than the organisers themselves!

I got to see  people even objecting to him getting a break in a movie,while the show is on,and demanding him to withdraw from the show,as it is illegal.Salim ji  should be knowing about this, whether it is with in the rules or not.

So ,lets agree to disagree.

To me it doesn't matter because anyway too established singers wont come in for a competition, they dont have the time and too much at stake and nothing to gain. So it would mostly be new or one two song olds who would be in these competitions. Even if by rule they make it open doesn't matter much. Else there would be a problem you would have a lot of objections of participants, because either they have to allow all or allow none who have sung in movies, that is tough to implement. Also before I forget, there is another limitation i.e. age limit the contestants can't be more than 30.
kichwamaji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

I can't decide if I like Shivam better or Rakesh. I keep switching back and forth. Rakesh is a good singer, but I (personally) feel that he is a little forgetful. Its hard to remember what his performance was last week. He doesn't have as much stage presence as Sreeram or Shivam. Rakesh also lacks versatility ... his songs are mostly in the same range and genre. And even if we lay that fact aside, I think even his expressions lack versatility. He doesn't have that oomph in his voice that makes you go wow, even though he may be technically perfect.

On the other hand, we have Shivam. Shivam is cutie, with stage presence, and qualities that an Idol should have. But Shivam has a very immature voice. His voice gets screechy and squeaky at times. His voice hasn't matured yet, and I don't see any immediate playback offers in the near future. Having said that, Shivam is versatile. He's an all-rounder, and he has the definite potential to make it big. He has the overall package. But what good is verstality or the "complete package" if its not technically perfect?

I'm confoosed to say the least. 😆

To be honest, if Rakesh or Shivam win Indian Idol, they will be lost in the crowd. There are too many aspiring "Rakesh"s and "Shivam"s out there already. If Sreeram wins, I think we will see him make it big. Just a gut feeling.

Now I'm outta here before all these Rakesh fans and Shivam fans come running after me! 😆

Awww WA..........you just spoke my mind....I am confused between them two these days also..😆
Top spot is still Sreeram for me too...😆...oooooh...couldn't resist adding that......now it is going to sound like a conspiracy to some.....😆😆😆!!
anjalibc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hossainn

"Sreeram is a fulltime playback singer in south and sung for more then 20 South movies, had already taken part in many reality shows including star voice of India, had done countless concerts in India and also three INTERNATIONAL concerts in three different countries of the world, has sung countless jingles on Tv and is professionally trained for the last 18 years,

Don't u think isn't it unfair with the totally raw and amateur singers like Rakesh, and Shivam etc who don't even have any formal training in music, to allow fulltime professional playback singers like Sreeram to compete with them?"

In that case, Sonu Nigam, Shaan and Sreya Ghosal should also be allowed to take part in the competition.

I fail to understand if he is doing so well and earning and singing well why is he in this competition at all for what ?? ONLY FOR MONEY ?? 

First of all i knew that these competitions are to bring out new and fresh talents. SO HE ALONE SHOULD COMPETE WITH HIMSELF WHY WITH THE RAW PEOPLE.

IT IS LIKE YOU ARE SAYING SUNIDHI CHAUHAN COMPETING WITH BHOOMI.
HOW THE CHANNEL ALLOWED  HIM T
HEN  IF HE IS  ALREADY AN ESTABLISHED SINGER AND SO MANY SONGS HE SANG. MAY BE GREED FOR MONEY  THEN ??
Edited by anjalibc - 13 years ago
heidi7 thumbnail
shivam is better than rakesh.sreeram n shivam deserve 2 b in top 2
kallu_be thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dookie aka samiya ji, Sreeram 20 telugu songs does include chorus and secondary singer roles. As you say many singers from south has been noticed in bollywood with out reality shows, so does bollywood singers like rafi saab, kishore ji and lata ji. SPB has sung atleast 1000 songs in telugu/tamil before he got break in hindi so does chitra and yesudasji, genious like rahman has composed 25 movies in telugu and tamil before he got hindi break that too for a crappy movie.

This is one of the song which is credited to sreeram but his role is just a secondary singer. Lead singer is vishal.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_1kqpQneTo[/YOUTUBE]
thewiseone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anjalibc

I fail to understand if he is doing so well and earning and singing well why is he in this competition at all for what ?? ONLY FOR MONEY ?? 

First of all i knew that these competitions are to bring out new and fresh talents. SO HE ALONE SHOULD COMPETE WITH HIMSELF WHY WITH THE RAW PEOPLE.

IT IS LIKE YOU ARE SAYING SUNIDHI CHAUHAN COMPETING WITH BHOOMI.
HOW THE CHANNEL ALLOWED  HIM T
HEN  IF HE IS  ALREADY AN ESTABLISHED SINGER AND SO MANY SONGS HE SANG. MAY BE GREED FOR MONEY  THEN ??

You are missing the point here dear! A singer is a singer. The fact that u sang behind a microphone in the recording studio is not gonna magically add experience to ur singing. Ur training and ur practice does. And no one has stopped the other contestants from getting trained and practicing. If they don't have this experience then that is their fault. The only thing sreeram has that the other contestants had no way of getting was the fact that he did playbacking (this only means that he recorded songs in a studio). But since Indian idol is not about singing in a studio and nor does it record contestants, this experience of sreeram is futile and gives no edge to him. The only experience playbacking can give someone is the experience of playbacking, not knowledge of singing. I will illustrate for you. Lets take two contestants - sreeram and shivam. Sreeram is a well trained singer who has recorded songs. Shivam is a well trained singer who hasn't recorded songs. The only difference is that sreeram recorded songs. How does this give sreeram an advantage? The fact that u record ur song, magically improves ur singing? No. what it does improve is your understanding of the techniques of playbacking and how to record a song, which is not what Indian Idol is about. Indian Idol has live singing and concentrates on ur ability to sing, not ur knowledge of the techniques to record. So that puts Sreeram and Shivam on equal playing field. Now lets talk about untrained singers like Rakesh for example. The fact that Rakesh didn't devote his entire life in learning how to sing like Sreeram and Shivam did, is somehow Sreeram's or Shivam's fault? This makes it seem as if all singers who have received some kind of training in singing are not eligible to participate. This is what I meant when I said no one has stopped them from getting trained.

And as far as sunidhi chauhan, sonu nigam, shaan etc competing with the contestants.......i think this would be unfair and not because they have experience in playback singing. as i said earlier, this competition is not playbacking, its live singing. but the reason it would be unfair is because of the fan support. if they participated, they would have an edge cuz of their popularity. They would have more votes. sreeram doesnt have this recognition. i am from the south, and i have never heard of him till indian idol. so u see, sreeram doesnt have this edge either.

I hope you understood what I said. I tried to get my point across the best I could. LOL! Apologies if the post made no sense. LOL!😆

Edited by thewiseone - 13 years ago
@thewiseone: What a point man...my head is still reeling. 😕

Singing in telugu cinema does not contribute to popularity at all. I don't think anyone would have known Sreeram in Hyderabad if it was not for this competition.  Afterall, their movies are not for release. They probably show these movies in villages in tents with a generator. I don't think the 10 or 15 people who have seen his movies in Andhra would have any means of sending in votes.

In fact why 20 movies, he could have sung for 100, it's the telugu film industry and not bollywood. As for playback experience, I thought the sony website says very clearly that this time II is focussing on discoveringnew playback talent and not someone for concerts. Apparently  from this thread it is very clear that one will never be discovered  if one sings in telugu movies. Telugu movies can never give the exposure to create a fan base. Even if it did, Hyderabad has such a low population that the existing fan base can never have an impact on voting numbers.  ðŸ˜› So  in effect. Sreeram, you can say, did not come into the competition with an existing fan base. He is as new to the field as the rest of the contestants. LOL
Edited by loonyleo - 13 years ago
jeet. thumbnail
i agree....bt shivam 2 deserves!!
thewiseone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: loonyleo

@thewiseone: What a point man...my head is still reeling. 😕

Singing in telugu cinema does not contribute to popularity at all. I don't think anyone would have known Sreeram in Hyderabad if it was not for this competition.  Afterall, their movies are not for release. They probably show these movies in villages in tents with a generator. I don't think the 10 or 15 people who have seen his movies in Andhra would have any means of sending in votes.

In fact why 20 movies, he could have sung for 100, it's the telugu film industry and not bollywood. As for playback experience, I thought the sony website says very clearly that this time II is focussing on discoveringnew playback talent and not someone for concerts. Apparently  from this thread it is very clear that one will never be discovered  if one sings in telugu movies. Telugu movies can never give the exposure to create a fan base. Even if it did, Hyderabad has such a low population that the existing fan base can never have an impact on voting numbers.  ðŸ˜› So  in effect. Sreeram, you can say, did not come into the competition with an existing fan base. He is as new to the field as the rest of the contestants. LOL

@bold: lol. apologies for that.

@red: my point is that a singer who can sing live flawlessly automatically can do well in playbacking. But the opposite is not true. If you have done playbacking, it doesn't automatically mean u can sing live. lots of singers who have recorded songs kinda fail miserably when they sing live in concerts. so once again as i said earlier, the only experience playbacking can give is the experience of playbacking. that is it. so it makes sense the indian idol is looking for a playback talent because the way that they are doing it by is testing them by making them sing live. so its all good!

and as for the rest of the post, it was an overdose of sarcasm. LOL. i never said one can never be discovered if one sings in telugu movies.  not at all. telugu industry is quite big mind u. but the thing is, no one can guarantee it. can u guarantee that if sreeram didnt come on indian idol, he couldve been discovered and have the same fame and recognition he has today in such a short time? no. no one can. that is why it is important to take your fate, into your hands. wise people always make opportunities, fools sit around and wait for it.

telugu movies can give exposure to fan base, but not when the movies u sing in have failed miserably at the box office. let me ask u sumthing. do u know a singer named Bharat who sang the song "ghar se school" in a movie called zara si zindagi? have u heard of him or the song or even the movie? the point im trying to make is that sreeram has sung in many movies, and if he had made his name and fame there, then why in the world would he come here and participate? the reason is that he was usually a background singer in the songs and the songs he sang solo are the songs that never got any recognition. therefore, his fan base prior to the show is very minimal. and  if ur gonna talk about his fans, lets take a look at swaroop shall we. as far as i know, he has given many stage shows and sang abroad as well (go check out the sony website). His uncle (if u remember) sang the song Baawre for Shankar Ehsaan Loy (or at least that is what swaroop said when SEL came on the show). U dont cry foul at this point. what about swaroop's fans prior to the show? i hope ur getting my point.
Edited by thewiseone - 13 years ago