Comfortably Numb Armaan.......

rapunzel84 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Lately there have been many things happening in DMG which have been interesting from the story point of view and the most striking thing is CVs are paving way for the Arsh story.....So how should they go about it?

Should they show Armaan moving on just like that? Dun think so... That would be destroying the very essence of Armaan's character...right? And so, like many other people on this forum, i believe...tht in order for the Arsh story to move forward, the Shilpa - Armaan elevator scene was essential!

Armaan, in my opinion, had become what i'd like to call 'Comfortably Numb'.......Numb because the feelings n emotions which are so essential to Armaan's character had disappeared... We all know that Armaan has always been the one who expresses what he feels and most of the time it was 'Love for Ridhhima'...But lately we saw a 'Numb' Armaan who dint seem to feel anything...and even if he did... we dint see it! Comfortable because he dint even try... He got used to it... Knowing Ridhhima is happy in her marriage...He dint even wanna break free! He was stuck...And happily stuck....

So what Shilpa does is...She gets under her skin and with a scalpel in hand digs out those old wounds which he had been hiding...not nursing...very comfortably...The protective layer that he had so carefully built has been shattered by her... Yes, maybe she went a lil overboard...But a rain check was required as far as armaan is concerned... A jolt...A blow that would get him out of his cocoon and make him face the truth...All those memories and moments come flooding back to him...And this time its not just his moments with Ridhhima...This time we see him remembering something more...The fact that Ridhhima is no longer his...The fact that Ridhhima has moved on...He remembers Ridhhima telling him bout her marriage, the time when she was confused...then his realization that she wants be with Sid...How he helps them get together...Everything...In Short, He finally acknowledges his past and comes to terms with the Truth! And we come to know that although he has been trying very hard, he still hasnt been able to move on....

And tht brings me to something tht a very wise man had told Armaan...Tht he wants Riddhima to face her past n not run away from it...He wants her to embrace her past and acknowledge it...Only then can she peacefully move on with Sid...These words of Dr. Shashank hold true for Armaan now...That in order to move on...Not only does he have to let go...But he has to make peace with his past...Just like Ridhhima did...While she did it subtly...He does it his own way...By burning all her memories...which were so precious to me....Yes the trigger for that was Ridhhima's accusation...And frankly, i dint like what she told him...he deserves better than that...But then i realized, her intention was not to hurt him..her heart was in the right place...And this has paved way for Armaan's moving on from Ridhhima to Shilpa...The first step has been taken by him when he does away with all the things tht were so close to his heart...And i see him taking more steps with the coming episodes...

In my opinion, this is the best way to show the Arsh story progression...In a way, it is similar to the Siddhima story...while Sid nurses Riddhima back to life...Shilpa will nurse a broken man...Only her task is really cut out...And i hope CVs give it the treatment it deserves!

I'll sign off by saying that the song sequence which is coming up doesnt offend me in any way...Its not wrong to think bout the one person you loved so madly...to remember someone who was your life but couldnt be yours...I'd like to see the whole episode n then pass a judgment...But i sincerely wished that Sid was also a part of the sequence...Nonetheless...Lets see how it unfolds...

Cheers!
Rapz

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna_kajen thumbnail

Move on????!!!!!!!!!! Urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...................

Hey am sry bout ma comment..i noe it was very rude....Practically i agree to yr post..buh when i think emotionally then i think that something cld hv happeend....if u noe wat i mean..!!😊

Edited by prerna_143ks - 13 years ago
saumzi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I seriously dont think armaan wants to move on yes he knows he probably wont get riddhima but you genuinely think he can love anyone the way he loved riddhima?? even if shilpa helps him in moving on how can he forget riddhima??...i remember armaan saying that now that i dnt have riddhima i have nothing left in my life so its better i live my life for others and this is what he is going to do as much as i hate armaan being sad and want him to get all the happiness he deserves i still know that his happiness is only RIDDHIMA..seeing friday's episode when he read his diary it all explains how he cnt move on this guy will never love anyone the way he loved riddhima yes he is hurt by what riddhima said but then he cnt forget her just because of that...armaan is one guy who actually makes me believe that true love still exists in this world..
flashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: saumzi

I seriously dont think armaan wants to move on yes he knows he probably wont get riddhima but you genuinely think he can love anyone the way he loved riddhima?? even if shilpa helps him in moving on how can he forget riddhima??...i remember armaan saying that now that i dnt have riddhima i have nothing left in my life so its better i live my life for others and this is what he is going to do as much as i hate armaan being sad and want him to get all the happiness he deserves i still know that his happiness is only RIDDHIMA..seeing friday's episode when he read his diary it all explains how he cnt move on this guy will never love anyone the way he loved riddhima yes he is hurt by what riddhima said but then he cnt forget her just because of that...armaan is one guy who actually makes me believe that true love still exists in this world..

Exactly...................and how can Shilpa want him to fall for her when she comes to know that his love and life is Riddhima. No moving on....................sorry.
rapunzel84 thumbnail
I respect everyone's POV and would expect the same in return... This is what i feel is gonna happen...Am not passing a judgment on what is right and what is wrong... In my opinion everyone deserves a second chance at life and LOVE...Armaan deserves it more than anyone else maybe...Yes he might not be able to love anyone like Ridhhima but that doesnt mean he cant LOVE AT ALL!!! He deserves to be happy and if Shilpa can give him that happiness and bring back that twinkle in his eyes then why not...

Again its my POV...Anyone has the right to diasagree...All i expect is maturity and objectivity in doing so..

Cheers!

-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey rapz....amazing post!!!!!...so beautifully penned what we all have been thinking....and as you know you are an superb writer......keep analysing....
loads of love 😊
mayuri
-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey rapz....amazing post!!!!!......where do you just vanish for some days and suddenly i get to see your posts on main forum?????.....i miss your posts badly.......keep writing!!!!!!!!
AMMY LUVS RIDZ thumbnail
awesome post yaar!!! i loved the way u explained shilpa armaan fight and armaan's feeling!! awesome!!
rapunzel84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayuri.vet

hey rapz....amazing post!!!!!......where do you just vanish for some days and suddenly i get to see your posts on main forum?????.....i miss your posts badly.......keep writing!!!!!!!!

Thanks sweetheart 🤗
Just been super busy so dont get a chance to post often...But look at the bright side...i write once in a while and you guys gimme so much appreciation...Its worth the wait hai na 😉....Will try to write more often darling...Promise 😊

simran45 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
today first time i am happy n like to comment on the topic which an SR fan made
i agree the way they r developing arsh story is very good armaan can't forget ridhima so easily n shilpa is very powerful charater to help armaan i don't know whether armaan can move on or nopt v will see it but i want this to happen like a good way
i don't want armaan to move on like ridhima that is the big reasion i hate ridhima character that she easily forget everything i don't want them to ruin armaan charater
nice topic