Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: debayon

Exactly, SSK, Sajana Ji Vari Vari would've been much better rather than I Wanna Make Love To You. I assure you that I'd give her a 9 or a 10!

Yeah, I would give that a 10/10 too

Brahmabul 😡
Edited by ssk13809 - 13 years ago
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssk13809

Yeah, it's not the song's fault anyways. It's these co-judges like Debayon and CPR. Let's see what these 2 do next.

Oh common ssk bhai...cut it now...have fun here...😊

Look deba gave a 10 to this song despite the fact he heard this track for the first time. This is what I was hoping for Sunidhi also. It was only my perception and it didn't work there. One or two low scores would have been OK. But the average score there is 8. So there has to be some issue with the song.
brahmabul thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Exactly, SSK, Sajana Ji Vari Vari would've been much better rather than I Wanna Make Love To You. I assure you that I'd give her a 9 or a 10!

Yaar kaat do saare mil ke mujhe ab...😆

xobile help me...tell them u would have given Sajna ji Vaari a low score...😃
brahmabul thumbnail

Yeah, I would give that a 10/10 too

Brahmabul 😡

Chooyeee...😃
Indradhanush thumbnail
Thanks for posting this songs risingabove. This is gem of a song. Absolutely high on melody and brilliant orchestration. Do you know this is composed by Kartik Raja son of legendary composer Ilaya Raja.

This is based on raag yaman kalyan, observe use of Ni Re Sa in alaap in the interlude.

I will give 9/10 for this.Edited by Indradhanush - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

Thanks for posting this songs risingabove. This is gem of a song. Absolutely high on melody and brilliant orchestration. Do you know this is composed by Kartik Raja son of legendary composer Ilaya Raja.

This is based on raag yaman kalyan, observe use of Ni Re Sa in alaap in the interlude.

I will give 9/10 for this.

Good to see you over here...You should be judge in this competetion.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Today I actually have time to give in depth ratings!

Wow I have never heard this song before, and after hearing it I feel so refreshed. Its so beautifully sung by Sadhna ji! Just a sweet and melodious voice.

She has beautiful expressions all throughout the song. And wow I'm just so impressed with a lot the variations and throw that she put in the song. Just beautifully sung.

Difficulty level was def there, although not at such high extremes. And she did her best to keep up with what the song required. The song had so many different variations at different parts of the song. And Sadhna ji knew exactly how to utilize her voice to fit what the song required.

I'm actually quite impressed by her singing and would like to thank whoever suggested this song for her! It is def one of her outstanding performances!

Because of the expressions she was able to maintain throughout the song, it was so easy to connect with her voice. I don't think any other singer could have sung it as well and with the same feeling that Sadhna ji sung it with.

I'm still so mesmerized with this song and the wonderful singing. I can't give it anything less than a 9.

Final Rating: 9/10
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You are rating great this round CPR
👍🏼
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

You are rating great this round CPR
👍🏼

I've always been rating well. You have just failed to notice so. But thanks! 😛
esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Karthik Raaja trivia from wikipedia

Karthik Raja is a creative and innovative Tamil musician from Chennai, India. He made his debut as music composer in the Tamil film Alexander. He seamlessly blends different genres of music and creates lilting tunes, always fresh and experimental.

Karthik Raja is the eldest son of musician Ilaiyaraaja and Jeeva. His brother Yuvan Shankar Raja and sister Bhavatharini, who are also Kollywood music directors and playback singers, have worked with him on notable projects. He graduated from St. Bede's School in Chennai.

Born to a family of musicians he had exposure various kinds of music at a very early age. He had his formal training in Western Classical music from the Trinity School of Music mainly in Piano (affiliated to Jacob John). He also had training in Carnatic music from T. V. Gopalakrishnan and Dakshina Murthy Swami. Even to this day he derives most of his inspiration from Classical Music (Western & Indian) and Jazz.

As a child, he often used to accompany his dad Maestro Ilaiyaraaja to the recording studios and watching his dad compose would seem magical to him. Seeing the young boy so engrossed in everything happening around him, his dad spontaneously asked him to play the Keyboards for one of the song recordings. So, at the young age of 13, Karthik Raja played the Keyboard for the song Kannukkum from the Tamil movie Ninaikku Terinda Manam (1987). Many such outings followed including playing keyboard for the soundtrack of the movie Nayagan. Karthik also arranged many recordings for his dad and composed his first song Pandianin Rajiyathil from the movie Pandiyan (1992) and Ninaikindra from the movie Athma (1993). Around this time, he also composed some brilliant background score for the TV series Bible.

Karthik is extra fond of composing background score for films. Many of his outings between the years of 1992 and 1995 involved composing background scores for films where his dad composed the songs. Karthik is often quoted saying that the music he makes while doing the background score gives him complete liberty to do what he likes and also gives him the creative satisfaction. He says, this is when he composes for himself. The background score of his recent release Achamundu Achamundu is considered phenomenal. In this Thriller/Horror movie Karthik composed a 40 minute long eery background score where the scenes were absolutely free of any human dialogues.

He debuted as a full fledged composer in 1996 through the Tamil movie Alexander, soon followed by Manikyam. Both were highly acclaimed for the songs and the background score. Then came many chart busters that included Ullasam, Naam Iruvar Nammaku Iruvar, Kadhala Kadhala & Dumm Dumm Dumm among others. He also debuted into Hindi films with Grahan which won him the R D Burman award for the best new talent.

In this age of state of the art recording technology where musicians are heavily incorporating software generated sounds and overly arranged compositions, Karthik emerges as a maverick by often including single instrument interludes in many of his songs. These interludes are some of his finest compositions. Here are a few classic ones listed.

Violin - Dil Mera Ik Tara from [[16 December (film) Raagam, Konjum Manjal from Ullasam & Unakenna Raasa from Manikyam in Sri Ranjini Ragam.

Metal Acoustic - Un Perai Chonnale from Dumm Dumm Dumm in Suddha Dhanyasi Raagam.

Electric Heavy Metal - "Vaalibam" from Ullasam in Naata Raagam.

He also known for his brilliant Symphonic & Jazz arrangements.