Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Thanks for the heads-up, Migan and Smlaksh. In case you're interested, there's a write-up on Madhu in Expressbuzz on 9 October 2010:

Bonheur thumbnail
Friends, someone just sent me the following link. It's a Tamil music video produced by Madhu's brother-in-law, the cricketer Sreesanth, and the song was sung by Madhu. It's meant as a Commonwealth games inspirational song. Quite rousing. I missed Rehman's theme song, which some folks panned.

Enjoy

http://videos.desishock.net/index.php?module=item&action=show_item_full&itemurl=aHR0cDovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS93YXRjaD92PWVtRlVEUElKT193JmZlYXR1cmU9eW91dHViZV9nZGF0YQ==
Edited by Bonheur - 13 years ago
migan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Update of Prefinals

The prefinals aired on Saturday 9th. Mainly they interviewed all the finalists including their family.

As part of the interview they showed the best song of each person.

Also they interviewed the non playing captains and showed their best songs. They wouldn't be the judges for the finals. The final jury consists of Usha Utup, Vani Jeyaram and Anuradha Sriram. They talked to them as well.

Best of luck to both Madhu and Srilekaha for the finals.

(I wish they showed a little bit made up Suchitra - They showed all of them with out make up and Suchitra's face was looked bad with no make up, no jewelery and hair messed up all over).
SweetyGreen thumbnail
captain madhu balakrishnan team thanjai thalapathigal team won the trophy of sangeetha maha yutham finals over srilekha parthasarathy's nellai suravaligal....

congrats captain madhu and his team for winning the season 1 of sangeetha maha yutham...
Bonheur thumbnail
I just saw the grand finale online. Madhu was awesome. He is indeed the "best young singer of the decade", as the Expressbuzz newspaper put it, citing a Malayalam award citation he received earlier this week. His voice is really like madhu, so intoxicating. He is very versatile, though his forte is classical songs. I liked his "Thaniye thananthaniyeh" solo. I am listening to his Harivarasanam song, an Ayyappan song, originally sung by Yesudas, as I type this. So soothing; makes you almost feel you've attained nirvana.

I do hope Tamil and other film MDs pay closer attention to Madhu after this show and better utilise his great talent.

It was refreshing to see Vani Jairam after so long. She gave very incisive comments and even joked. Suchitra sang Padariyein/Mari mari nine very well indeed. Kavya has improved tremendously though she had sruti problems in one or two places. Her dance was superb. The guest items were fun to watch. Devan's "Happy" composition was a jolly way of rounding up the evening, with most of the contestants and judges joining in. Vijay's dance was high energy. All in all, a fitting finale.  
smlaksh thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Migan & Bon .. am yet to watch both the shows .. have got it recorded in my dvr .. is the finale a very lengthy episode ?? Will come back with my comments , once i watch it ..
SweetyGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bonheur

I just saw the grand finale online. Madhu was awesome. He is indeed the "best young singer of the decade", as the Expressbuzz newspaper put it, citing a Malayalam award citation he received earlier this week. His voice is really like madhu, so intoxicating. He is very versatile, though his forte is classical songs. I liked his "Thaniye thananthaniyeh" solo. I am listening to his Harivarasanam song, an Ayyappan song, originally sung by Yesudas, as I type this. So soothing; makes you almost feel you've attained nirvana.

I do hope Tamil and other film MDs pay closer attention to Madhu after this show and better utilise his great talent.

It was refreshing to see Vani Jairam after so long. She gave very incisive comments and even joked. Suchitra sang Padariyein/Mari mari nine very well indeed. Kavya has improved tremendously though she had sruti problems in one or two places. Her dance was superb. The guest items were fun to watch. Devan's "Happy" composition was a jolly way of rounding up the evening, with most of the contestants and judges joining in. Vijay's dance was high energy. All in all, a fitting finale.  

well said... it was really entertaining finals... madhu and his team were excellent..
migan thumbnail

Originally posted by: smlaksh

Thanks Migan & Bon .. am yet to watch both the shows .. have got it recorded in my dvr .. is the finale a very lengthy episode ?? Will come back with my comments , once i watch it ..

Yes Laksh - Looks like the finals went for 3.5 hours. Me too didn't watch the whole of it yet. Watched only the ending 5 minutes as my daughter wanted to watch the results. I started watching the first 3 solo rounds - Man this guy Mathu Unbelievable in all 3 songs. He sang Thirpparkadalil palli kondaye, Tahniye Thaanan thaniye(Minnale song - With the help of Devan and Barath) and an amazing performance of Thagida Thagimi Thanthaana.... Very good. Whereas Srilekha I felt was trying to mask the high notes. In the song especially Marainthirunthu Paarkkum Marmam Yenna. She sang the song Unnai ondru keetppen unmail solla veendum ok.

Will watch the rest and come back with more comments.

migan thumbnail
Thanks Bon and Sweety for posting the final results and details. Can't wait to watch it.
Edited by migan - 13 years ago
SweetyGreen thumbnail

Originally posted by: migan

Thanks Bon and Sweety for posting the final results and details. Can't wait to watch it.

u are welcome migan dear.. its my pleasure...