Amisha Patel takes a dig at Kareena kapoor

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
I didn't come from a needy background
The fact that I've had platonic relationships with my heroes worked against me. I couldn't succumb to industry norms. You must belong to camps. I don't have best friends in star wives. I prefer keeping to myself and reading a book than fuelling my co-stars' egos by telling them how great they are. I don't come from a needy background. I didn't travel first class or buy my first Gucci bag after joining the industry. I used to carry a Gucci school bag. Men like the giggly type but I was not a dimwit with stars in my eyes. I don't come across as a dipsy doodle. I can't be fake and say, ''Babes you look amazing', when the person clearly doesn't." I didn't have a Shahid or a Saif to promote me.

I never had a hero as a boyfriend.

If I were dating XYZ he would have insisted that I be in the film with him. I never had a Shahid Kapoor or a Saif Ali Khan to promote me or with whom I could do films. Or be a pairing like John Abraham-Bipasha Basu or Aishwarya Rai-Abhishek Bachchan that people would cash in on. Having an industry spouse makes a huge difference. I'm the only actress who has never been linked with her heroes. I've never given even a flying kiss or a flirtatious smile to a hero to get work. Once the camera is off, the romance is over. I'd never get into a relationship because it would benefit me career wise or monetarily. I'm not one of those who'd say, 'He's not successful, dump him' and move on to the next one.

Vikram is always in my prayers

I have been in two serious relationships – one while I was in a university abroad. It lasted for five years. He (industrialist Nandish Kilachand) was conservative and possessive and couldn't deal with the profession I would be in. We broke off the day I signed KNPH. Post that I had no link-ups until Vikram Bhatt happened. That also lasted for five years, when girls surprisngly, in the film industry, change men within five months, five weeks, five days, film to film. Whether it was Nandish or Vikram, we were in the relationship for the right reasons. We are still friends. They are decent men. There's no resentment or bitterness. We wish each other on our birthdays. Vikram sent me a housewarming gift. When his 1920 released I was the first to watch it. He's always in my prayers. It's just that we were two people who didn't remain compatible.

Kanav and I need space

I want to keep this private. I'd rather not talk about Kanav. He's a great guy; right now we need space in our relationship. We are really good friends. But we are both busy working. He's in London, I'm here. Let time take its course and we'll see where we're headed. We will cross the bridge when we reach it. A practical girl would think, 'What am I going to get by working for two-three years more?' Maybe a few more films, endorsements and shows compared to a great life with an extremely wealthy person! But that's where main maar kha jaati hoon (I lose out). I am not calculative. Had I been, my bank balance would have been 10 times what it is; my filmography would have been something else. I know there is so much untapped talent in me. Only 10 per cent of it has been utilised. I don't think anyone has done me justice. It sounds clichd but I am reminded of Robert Frost's line, "And miles to go before I sleep."

It's obvious Amisha is talking about Kareena here. WHat are your thoughts? Do you think she is jelous of Kareena's sucess?

Source filmfare interview: http://www.filmfare.com/articles/ameesha-kanav-and-i-need-space-1054.htmlEdited by lensahunte08 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Which filmfare edition is this from?

Well, it is obvious that Amisha Patel is referring to Kareena Kapoor. I mean, she mentions her ex and current partner so you can't get more obvious than that! Frankly speaking, I think it's petty and unrequired.

Oh damn...what an interview. I forgot she even existed.

But I don't quite understand what she means by, "I don't come from a needy background." Is she trying to say that she does not come from a middle-class background like some other people or something else?

Edited by indn inn0cence - 13 years ago
ladygaga thumbnail
Oh my Ami!! 😭 What have you become! She seems to lack trust in her life. There is good, bad and the ugly everywhere but you gotta work it out. You can't just blame everything on circumstances you gotta be a fighter. If the industry was that bad of a choice for her then she should have chosen other career options. But, jis thali mein khaya ussi mein ched is not resonable!
Debo_Afghan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Saif and Shahid promote Kareena????, get a life girl. Kareena has creat a full magic by her acting skills.

I have never liked Amisha, neither her acting or her personality.

It sucks when a celebrity slap her driver for no reason. Specially when he has worked for her from past 10 years.

Edited by Debo_afg - 13 years ago
AppleBlossom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is from the latest filmfare, the one with Ranbir on the cover.
She is just taking digs at Kareena to become relevant for a little while again. Nobody would care about her interviews otherwise.
Mistyy thumbnail
Amisha, plzz develop some acting skills first..then you can comment on one of the best actress of the country!!!
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: indn inn0cence

Oh damn...what an interview.I forgot she even existed.

But I don't quite understand what she means by, "I don't come from a needy background." Is she trying to say that she does not come from a middle-class background like some other people or something else?

I don't know what she means by that. I think her family is rich thought I don't know. How I took it was that she didn't come from A filmi background mabye that she doesn't have famous parents who were in the industry. I could be wrong lets see if others know what she means by that.
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
"I used to carry a Gucci school bag."

Honestly, that statement right there should be evidence enough that regardless of her calling everyone else a fool, she's far more idiotic. What does that have to do with anything? Also, it just sounds like nobody pays much attention to her either way, and now she has to make a scene out of it and say that its HER choice to stay out of the spotlight.

-_-
so stupid.
zoyah thumbnail
it is because it has been 10 years that they both started their careeer and kareena did some thing out of it and she the one of the besttt actress in bollywood ever and on the other hand amisha patelll is still at the same point of her career it isnt working out for her sooo that is she is pointing others for the good work stupid girllll