I WILL QUIT ACTING: Avinash Sachdev

Tilashini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Avinash Sachdev
TV actor Avinash Sachdev has neither had a squabble with the production house of his show, Choti Bahu, nor has the channel asked him to quit. In fact, he has made a comeback in his show, which he believes isn't the norm on the small screen anymore.

But if all's well, then what's making him contemplate a career switch? "If the actors don't do justice to their work and the show makers are pissed off with them, chances are high that they are either shown the door or replaced. Viewers have witnessed this, haven't they? Even though I haven't faced any such crisis, I don't mind considering other options. Is there any harm in this?" he counter questions.

That's why he has a specific work area ' "direction" ' which he "won't mind exploring". "Wouldn't it be challenging to learn how things work behind the camera? I'm quite keen to don the assistant director's hat. Since I started my career as an assistant director, learning the ropes wouldn't be too complicated. It is, in a way, about building a secure future. I remember, Amitabh Bachchanji told me this once, 'Haan (insecurity) hoti hai actors mein'," says Avinash adding, "To be honest, it is a little weird in our industry. Haven't there been instances wherein brilliant actors have been idle for months, even years, and the newcomers, despite doing nothing, get to work on the best projects? Luck plays a key role in our industry. But isn't it unfortunate?"

But wouldn't the transition mean foregoing comforts that he has grown used to as an actor? "Of course, you have to miss out on both ' an impressive pay package and a great lifestyle. Actor banke aapke kharche badh jaatein hain jiske liye assistant director ki salary kam hoti hai. That's exactly why I want to be financially stable before venturing into a different domain. It is all about making smart financial moves for few years for now," he says.

Fine, that's about financial stability. What about family and friends? "My family has always been supportive of my decisions." Friends? "Mumbai mein zyaada rishte bante nahin hain. It is nothing but a friendship of convenience. People believe I have too many friends, but in reality there are very few whom I can confide in. I just have three close buddies whom I have known since my school days. Even though they are not based in Mumbai, I know I can always rely on them," says Avinash.

Is he also aiming to assist any Bollywood biggie in particular? "Mani Ratnam and Anurag Basu," comes the instant reply. "Mani's movies speak for him. According to me, only Mani has the potential to make stars like Abhishekh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan shoot in difficult locations for Raavan. To do that and get the best out of the actors commands respect. His efforts are commendable. And Anurag Basu is also a star in his own right," he says.

Avinash says that to him success mean fame. It is, as he tells us, all about seeking perfection and satisfaction from whatever he does. This partially explains why he didn't mind doing nothing in the 15-day long break he recently got. "I didn't shoot for 15 days and I have no regrets. Arre, it was an official off. I was not part of the show. I got to sleep, catch up with friends and spend time with my family. Maine poore dil se kaamchori kari hai is chhutti main. You wouldn't believe it, but my parents were really worried to see me while away my time. But I thought it was the most productive phase of my life. I did all that I normally can't while shooting for 14 hours in a day," says he.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/I-will-quit-acting-Avinash-Sachdev/articleshow/6037139.cms
Edited by Tilashini - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
He seems like a very smart person and best wishes to him.  He has made the role of Dev come alive for so many viewers, so I consider him a good actor.
Tilashini thumbnail
SMART MOVE AVI.....My best wishes..........
OUR LOVE AND SUPORT WILL ALWAYS BE WITH U...... 😉
Edited by Tilashini - 13 years ago
misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
All the best Avinash in whatever you do....just be true to yourself and the other things will come on its own. Do whatever makes you happy. 
Devika. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
WOw Avi... very good move. you truely doing your best with ur charactor Dev and i can see what u say is right? You are extreamly talented as an actor and after CB , i don't know how well people will cast u in another role.

ManiRathnam is the best choice. very good planning., go ahead dear. wish you all the best//

may all ur wishes come true..

And a secret.. be the hero of Rubi in real life.. can't wait  to hear about those happy days...
shinyclassic thumbnail
thanks for the article,, we all know that avi is interested in behind the camera action,,he always says this when asked about his future plans,,but he never said that he will quit acting....

all the best to him in what he chooses for himself,,,,
ashna26 thumbnail
Thanks for posting the article. Avinash is such a good actor😊
shinyclassic thumbnail
but i love to see him act,,i will really wish that he doesnot quit acting and keeps it as an option always open,,so that we can see him always,,,
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks for the item and sharing TiIashini think he is focused on what he wants to do and how to shape up his career good luck to U Avinash
Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago
Ansa786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you for the article. Avinash is the best actor I have ever seen on TV, would never want him to quit.. CB is there becuase of him... Best of luck to you Avi and do what makes you happy👍🏼