Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
OMG... wowwwzzzz, I'm speechless ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️ Thank you all SOOOOOOOOOO much for the super super sweet wishes, you made my day even more special and I couldn't ask for better friends than this 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 The sigs are gorgeous, I've slideshow'd and will be using them all week... they're amazingggggggg 👏👏👏👏👏 Love you all 🤗 Once again thanks for being so awesome, thanks for the siggie liking, thanks for everythinggggg!!!

@ Anku - Will totally start cranking out some sig tutorials soon sweets, not to worry... and lol apan dono ke sone ka pattern ek jaisa hi hai, I'm more of a night owl 😆 but lately I've been having to wake up all early and help dad at the office all day loooonnng... so, sleep enough for both of us now 😆 And cooolllzzzzz internship! Best of luck 🤗 I was gonna do one this summer but the economy's soooo bad that I was like, why bother... will try during winter holidays. As for dotw, basic idea is this - discuss the messages that mytho characters like SiyaRam, UrmiLakhan, Mandodari, VasuDevaki, etc convey about ideal man-woman/husband-wife relationship, duties, expectations... did these duties ever come into conflict with other dharmas? How did the character handle such dharm-sankat? And how can we apply their approach to modern society? I copied everyone else's responses so far on page 25-26, so you can read through them when you get a chance... they're really enlightening, and would love to get some back-and-forth going between them and your insights! Looking forward to it! And the pics 😲😲😲😲😲 yayyyy getting goosebumps just thinking about it... got blessings for all of us from Vrindavan na? We need them!!! Couldn't possibly get a better gift than that!!! You're soooo lucky, man 😍 Andddddd thanks again for the super sweet wishes, luv ya 🤗
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Lol I'm too tired to make a sig right now, but I can't leave without having an even number of posts... don't ask 😆... so here go the translations to one of my fav bhajans from SK, I've always loved it cuz it falls under the "multipurpose" category like Ram Naam Ke Pankh, Ram Naam Adhaar, and Tu Dheeraj, as in its meaning applies to life in general and not just the particular incident for which it is used in the serial... plus the music is awesome, esp towards the end... it's Taaranhaar, Sunle Pukaar which the Mathura vaasis sing when Kans is torturing them, as a plea to Shri Krishna to come save them. Random fact - the tune was reused in one of NDTV's Uttar Kand epis, when Lav and Kush are in some perilous situation (as they often were) and Sita Maa is singing to Vishnu Bhagwan "Raksha kar prabhu raksha kar, sukumaaron ki raksha kar".

Here's a really good quality vid of it with clear sound and subtitles:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrTB18lqkGk[/YOUTUBE]

And the translations, original lyrics courtesy of Shivang:

Taaranhaar! Sun le pukaar!
O Savior, hear our call
Karunaadhaam! Ab ki baar!
o ocean of mercy, just this once
Der na kar, Prabhu der na kar;
do not delay, lord
Aa bhi jaa ab der na kar;
come already, don't delay
He dukh bhanjan der na kar;
remover of sorrow, don't delay
Sankat mochan der na kar.
destroyer of troubles, don't delay

Sankat me srishti saari,
the whole world is in peril
Hinsaa ke megh chhaye;
clouds of violence darken the sky
Dhwani traahimaam ki,
cries of help resound
Tino lok se aaye;
in all three realms
Chaaron ore andhera, ek bharosaa teraa;
darkness is all around, you're our only hope
Taaranhaar! Taaranhaar!
Sun le pukaar! Sun le pukaar!
Karunaadhaam! Karunaadhaam!
Ab ki baar!
Ho o o o

Gaj ki pukaar sun ke,
Hearing the call of the elephant
Gaj graah se chhudaaya;
You freed it from the crocodile's grasp (I never understood this until recently, google the story of gaj and graah with the words crocodile and bhagavat puran in there somewhere - it's really interesting!)
Tune hi aag se,
From the fire, you yourself
Prahlaad ko bachaayaa;
saved Prahlaad
Jisne teR lagaayee, usko hua sahaayee;
whoever called out to you, you went and saved
Taaranhaar! Taaranhaar!
Sun le pukaar! Sun le pukaar!
Karunaadhaam! Karunaadhaam!
Ab ki baar!

Deen dukhi daliton ke sahaare aajaa...
Sole support of the poor, the sad, and the broken ones - come!
He sharnaagat ke rakhwaale aajaa...
protector of those in your refuge - come!
Ek swar me har praan pukaare aajaa...
in one voice, every soul cries out - come!
Aajaa taaranhaar hamaare aajaa...
come, our savior, come!
Aajaa.. Prabhu aajaa..
Aajaa.. Ab aajaa.. Aajaa.. Ab aajaa..

arun-deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
DoTW

Seetaji's response to Mahamantri Sumatra

Seetaji's response to Mahamantri Sumantra, according to me is quite apt as a 'pativrata' wife. It is true that woman is divided into several relations, but if we see logically then all her relations are after her husband. These relations were not in existence prior to her marriage. So, the foremost duty of a wife is to help her husband in following his duty, more clearly following his 'Dharma', this is what Ramji also pointed out in d frst night speech. And, how can we expect Mahasati Seeta to cherish all the luxuries when her husband is roaming here n there in the thorns of forest. To share joys n sorrows of a husband is a wife's duty, even we won't like such a friend who is with us only @ d times of joy n happiness n joins another company or leaves us when we r sad. Then, how can we expect Ramji's friend cum Dharmapatni Seetaji going with Mahamantri Sumantra?   As Shivang bhrata also pointed 1 more point, that her husband Ramji was given excile frm the state, so also for this reason, staying in the 'Ramless'Ayodhya was no more than a severe punishment to her which was opposing her Swaabhimaan, or self-respect. Thata all what I've to say.

Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Hey Guys,

Here is a siggie of our shweet Deepikaji as Princess Sita.😃 With matching icons as well....please tell me if you like it.😳 The text I used is from Prachi Dishi. I did in a similar style to the Devaki Ma request of Lola's...thanks for liking that sig by the way, means a lot!🤗

Icons

wwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww they r amazing ..... 😍
😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

m using them for sure..... m using these icons as avtar for my profile till my requested avis r ready ... 😳😳😳😳

Edited by Dpka1415 - 13 years ago
Dpka1415 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~angelz16~

@Deepika:-- haha! Oh, so ur friend says the same na about our name? I can understand her plight...our name is actually toooo common! 😡 Grr :P hehe! Final year? :O Wow, thats great. Studies will get complete soon. Damn, I still got so many years...gee!!

yeah studies wil get over soon but believe me its even harder life aftr u r done with ol studies.....job search karna n appropriate placement is not an easy task in competitve times like now....
baba re mujhe toh soch ke hi darr lag raha hai ... 😕

Oh well! Ooo, its great to see another cricket fannn =D =D And Yuvi fan as well....I hve got his reply on Twitter 3 times now I think <:o) hehe! Yes, hes going through a tough phase but yeep, he ll be back soonn with a banggg =D
areyyyy waaahhhh u got his reply .... gr88888 haan .... what did u ask him???? ☺️
i also made an account on twitter only for yuvi ... but i hardly find anytime to visit ... 😡

Watching Asia cup? 😊
didnt watch SL v Pak yesterday wil watch todays match ... bt def. missing yuvi n Sachin Sir.. n i heard in news jst now Bhajji n Nehra r also injured they might miss 1st match ....goshhhhh wats wrong with our team .... i miss 2007-08.... our team was on the top those days ..

arun-deeps thumbnail
Hi Frns!😃
Hello Dpka Di!😳 Here is Ur requested sig😳 Hope U'll like!😛 Bt in case U don't then...feel free to tell me!😃  

Here is d sig in d same style U wanted!😛
Bt guys plzzz don't use it wthout Dpka Di's permission!😳 Hope U ol won't mind!😳

Diff styles:

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hello every1..I will take a break from IF as I have hurt my right hand..hope to be back next week
Dpka1415 thumbnail

Originally posted by: arun-deeps

Hi Frns!😃

Hello Dpka Di!😳 Here is Ur requested sig😳 Hope U'll like!😛 Bt in case U don't then...feel free to tell me!😃  

Here is d sig in d same style U wanted!😛
Bt guys plzzz don't use it wthout Dpka Di's permission!😳 Hope U ol won't mind!😳

Diff styles:

wwwwoooooooooooooooooowwwwwww Gunia .... amazingly beautiful .....yaarrrrr its awesome ./..... i loved the 2nd & the last 1 veryyyyyy much .....

😍😍 😍😍😍😍😍😍
SUPER DUPER work dear....
n the qoute u have used is 100% apt ......
☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

thnks a lot dear....
ofcourse its FREE TO USE frns ...
n no changes required Gunia ...

love u ....Embarrassed
Edited by Dpka1415 - 13 years ago
Dpka1415 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

Hello every1..I will take a break from IF as I have hurt my right hand..hope to be back next week

awwww....take care dear.... hope ur hand recovers asap ...
arun-deeps thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dpka1415

@ Gunia .... amazing siggies dear..... all of them in ur new set of siggies r tooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooddddd...... gr88888 job ...as i said before also .... U r getting better day by day !!

Keep it up dear !!

wwwwoooooooooooooooooowwwwwww Gunia .... amazingly beautiful .....yaarrrrr its awesome ./..... i loved the 2nd & the last 1 veryyyyyy much .....

😍😍 😍😍😍😍😍😍
SUPER DUPER work dear....
n the qoute u have used is 100% apt ......
☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

thnks a lot dear....
ofcourse its FREE TO USE frns ...
n no changes required Gunia ...

love u ....😳

I'm so honured dat u liked my sigs!😳
Awwwwwwww..............U made me sooooo glad n satisfied by telling dat U liked Ur req sig!😃 Thanx once agin for d ever precious n 'Gulabjamunious' comments😆😆😆😆😆 U doubled by happiness by telling dat it requires no changes..😃 U r happy then I m also happy wth my work...bt plzzz if anyday U guys feel dat I require some sugestions or my performance is not good then plzzzz feel free to tell....I'll not be angry .....bade bhrata bhaginiyon!😆😆😆😆😆Dpka Di...aaj main chain se so sakungi....aapki req jo poori kar di....aur aaj hi I got Ur positive reply!😃😃😃😃