Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Any idea what I Hate Luv Stories is about?
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

I watched SGP till 3rd May now....

LOVED the way they showed the aftermath of the glass breaking incident....the way Badi Maa talked to Suhana and explained to her in such a nice manner....Suhana is really a child at heart....lol.....the way she started crying after she came to know how much problems there are in Meena's life....and the way she said, "I didn't mean to hurt her"....aww....lol...it's hard to stay upset at Suhana after a while....haha....and the most adorable bit was the way she gave that sari to Meena and told her to wear it cuz she'd look cute in it....and the way she patted her cheek in the end....awww.....lol ... Exactly! Even though Suhana acts silly/pampered, it's hard to stay mad at her because she is good at heart. I liked the poignancy showed by Badi Maa in handling the situation as well. She wasn't all angry or bitchy about it. She was understanding that Suhana, a motherless child, lacks discipline and the know-how to behave in public.

I liked how they showed Rajni/Disha being upset with Suhana over this incident but later on it all getting resolved over the whole sari fiasco....haha...the way Rajni got so excited and hugged Suhana and thanked her for putting that khadoos aunty in her place unknowingly only....haha

A little moment in an epi or two before this....it was so touching when Suhana asks Badi Maa, "Maa, aap khana nahin khaayengi"? Very nicely shown....and the way everyone looked at her there. I even LOWED the expressions on Ishaan's face. For a moment they had this eye contact, where he wasn't sure what she's going to do or say. And when she says that line, he is not only relieved, but also touched. These two have a cute eye contact with each other, wherein they can communicate with each other, albeit unknowingly. There is another scene later on where Inder, Rajni, Disha and Elesh are teasing Suhana; she's upset and Ishaan signals her to let go. No wonder then, Suhana guessed the movie in dumb charades. :-)

And watching the dumb charades scene the second time around, I understood it better and liked it more.....firstly toh I just loved the rest of the family ke bits in that....especially Alok telling Disha that she should have made three fingers and pointed three times at Elesh and that would have shown "Three idiots" 🤣 And later on Inder's attempt to enact "Devdas" 🤣 Rajni's horrified expressions were cracking me up so much! LMAO.....

Anyways, the Ishaan-Suhana bit was sweet too....it's interesting how Suhana opens up intermittently and smiles but then it's like she deliberately tries to shut herself off again and again....liked the moment of vulnerability as she remembered her Mom. I loved her on again, off again expressions. I was wondering if anyone else noticed it as well. I'm so happy that you did! Remarkable acting by Ragini. I loved Ishaan's awkwardness and discomfort as well. He was trying to show his family members that he and Suhana are the in-love newly wed couple, but refrain himself from expressing to Suhana because he knew better. Kudos to Jai Soni as well.

Later on, the Ishaan-Suhana pillow scene was funny too....LOL....the way the poor guy kept trying to get a pillow but she hadn't left any for him....and he kept trying to strike up a convo about books with her too.....awww....the ending was sweet with the way Suhana gives him the pillow and says it's alright, she'll adjust with two pillows....and I have to say once again....this has to be the only show in the history of desi TV where they haven't made such a hullaballoo about a husband-wife sleeping on the same bed even if it's a marriage in name only....it's so refreshing to see. I know! I was mentioning that same fact to Zainu yesterday. They haven't made a big deal of them sharing the bed, in spite of not being a normal couple. And I truly found it refreshing as well :-)

You know what Anu. I was thinking about Suhana's blank expressions and character development yesterday as I saw bits and pieces of the Bengali show (yeah I know I'm nuts). One thing I found out was that there are intermittent scenes in the Bengali version which progress the character of Suhana. Like there is a scene when Ishika comes to Suhana's room, is looking through Suhana's wardrobe and is amazed with her collection of clothes, shoes and the flower bouquet from Sid. She unknowingly picks up Sid's card and wants to read it, but Suhana snatches it from her. Then Radha Bua comes in and does the same thing. It leads to Suhana being upset about the lack of privacy in the Kashyap household. There's another scene with Suhana, Rajni and Disha after the saree incident, where they hug her and tell her that she's now joined their league :-) And yet another scene when Suhana is with her friends and they ask her if she hates living in the Kashyap house, to which Suhana recalls all the incidents where Ishaan's mom tells Suhana to treat her like Suhana's own mother, Badi Maa petting her head and explaining to her about Meena's condition and Rajni and Disha hugging her. Suhana tells no she doesn't hate living with Kashyaps and she's doing great!

I know it doesn't do much, but to me, some of these scenes took Suhana's character a little ahead.
AreYaar thumbnail
@Sarah: I usually reserve judgement till the trailer as well but I saw many ppl all 'eee-ing' over those pics and I was wondering what all the hype was about :S LOL....I like the last three pics I posted in here from the movie more :-)....there just might be potential after all! haha

I'm not totally sure about what the story is about but it's about two friends called Jai and Simran....the guy is a cynic, doesn't believe in love blah blah....the girl is a die hard romantic, totally into mush and romance....it's a romantic comedy...that's about all I know...lol

@LadyM: I did notice the other look you're mentioning as well....when the Inder/Elesh and all are teasing Suhana and she gets upset and glances at Ishaan and he kinda does this small gesture to reassure her as if to say 'it's ok'....that was quite sweet indeed......Oh so the Bengali version had developed the character of Suhana better that way....interesting....I wonder why they don't show these scenes in the Hindi version then :S....what's the harm? I guess they prefer showing Suhana being needlessly bipolar :S lol

Yeah I did notice how Suhana makes a deliberate effort to go back to being all stoic/grim looking even if she happens to smile in b/w....it intrigues me....LOL....Ragini did do a fab job in that scene....and Jai toh is anyways a really good actor....he's playing Ishaan really well :-)

Badi Maa is SO amazing! *sigh* I really love her character....she makes me want to reach into the screen and just hug her!
Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@Sarah......I did my homework😃. Actually, when you showed the Elena-Damon dance segment, I just wanted to know who the actors were. Now, Stefan is a free take which comes along with the other two, so I got to know his name as well. I read the short synopsis of each parts of the books, and I must say that I am not pleased with how the ending is till now.

@Kavya....dude, I will watch the 'All is well' sequence. The preview has gotten me all excited. Even if I miss it, I will watch it in YT and then defo come here to laugh about it. The things that Ammy and his haath ko aya, muh na laga father-in-law is doing in the song....how can I miss it?

Awww..........the Sonam pic is so adorable. So cute...........And the 'Imona' pics are also cute. Definitely better that the YRF style ones.
sarah1024 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

@Sarah: I usually reserve judgement till the trailer as well but I saw many ppl all 'eee-ing' over those pics and I was wondering what all the hype was about :S LOL....I like the last three pics I posted in here from the movie more :-)....there just might be potential after all! haha

I'm not totally sure about what the story is about but it's about two friends called Jai and Simran....the guy is a cynic, doesn't believe in love blah blah....the girl is a die hard romantic, totally into mush and romance....it's a romantic comedy...that's about all I know...lol

@ bold: LOL! Those people will EEEEEE endlessly over any pairing that consists of a young female actress and a relatively handsome male actor. That's the reason why Ranbir/Katrina were over-hyped even before their first movie came out. The same goes for Shahid/Anushka, Imran/Deepika, Imran/Sonam and Shahid/Deepika. Hell, people even made manipulated SHAHIKA avis of them dancing together!  😆

Unki baaton par mat jao. They see chemistry anywhere - hell, sometimes they see imaginary chemistry between people that never worked together! So there's nothing wrong with you if you don't see that "OMG OMG SOOOO CUTE" spark between Imona yet.

I like those three pics too. So it's the story of a hopeless romantic and a cynic? Sounds watchable so far; let's see how it turns out!

sarah1024 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissa

@Sarah......I did my homework😃. Actually, when you showed the Elena-Damon dance segment, I just wanted to know who the actors were. Now, Stefan is a free take which comes along with the other two, so I got to know his name as well. I read the short synopsis of each parts of the books, and I must say that I am not pleased with how the ending is till now.

@ bold: LMAO!

I read the book synopsis too, and it sucked bigtime. That's why I'm glad they changed a LOT of stuff in the TV series. The show has more characters and more drama than the weirdo-fest that the books are! 😆

Melissa thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Imran-Sonam pair might work after all. Actually, I really want this film to do good, because I want a hit in Sonam's list. I am looking forward to Ayesha....but that is because its inspired from Emma. I like Abhay Deol's acting and all, but not a big fan of his. So it's basically the plot that attracts me.

Rajneeti is another film that I wanna watch only because I am keen to see how Katrina acts in the film, and also because I like watching Ranbir-Katrina together....lol. They look really cute. although, this film won't have them shown in a cute light, unlike APKGK. I would have been eager to watch Ravan as well, but Big B's son and DIL annoys me a lot. Plus, after knowing Govinda will be essaying the role of Hanuman, somehow I can't take the film seriously....ROFL.

Oh, so they changed a lot in the series, Sarah? That's good then. Because the synopsis actually made the book seem weirder than Twilight saga :P
sarah1024 thumbnail
@ Mels - Rajneeti might work, but I'm apprehensive about Katrina. I can't see her playing a serious Indian politician for some reason, lol

Ravan is just ... well Abhishek looks like King Kong in it. 😆

LMFAOOOOOO! Govinda will play Hanuman? Are you serious? 🤣

LOL I agree! The VD books sound more  twisted than Twilight. I don't think I'd be able to sit through the books the way I do with the show.

AreYaar thumbnail
All I want is to see  if Sonam has improved acting wise in both films....for her sake, I really hope so! LOL....Romantic comedies are a dime a dozen otherwise....I hope IHLS has some freshness to it in the way they portray the storyline or whatever....Frankly speaking, Imran looked better with Genelia in my opinion....but let's see how it works out with Sonam.

Hi Mels....you're gonna watch the All izz well sequence and a do a Mels style update for us today? :P LOL....how was CMG? And any Maan scenes in the Geet show?
Edited by nureat01 - 14 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Melissa

Plus, after knowing Govinda will be essaying the role of Hanuman, somehow I can't take the film seriously....ROFL.

WHAT??!!!😲😲😲😲😲😲 Are you KIDDING me? Govinda as HANUMAN???!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Is this for real??😲😲 Wow, I'm in shock😆