Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: brahmabul

This is one quality which really made me respect Abhijit. I favored Rahul at the time of Indian Idol 1. But Abhijit's humbleness and of course his singing proved me wrong. He is in true sense the Indian Idol. I think Rahul has become quite arrogant now.

Watch between 3:55 and 4:19

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH0lLJdBjj8[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for the awesome video, brahmabul

Abhijit is the true Indian Idol because he sings from his heart and he is down to earth type of guy. He loves and respect music and has dedicated his life to music. Yesterday when Bobby almost walked away from competition, Judges called upon him in the studio and he talked about his old days when he was contesting in Indian Idol 1. Remembering those days, he told us that how he borrowed a pair of jeans for the competition from a friend because he didn't afford it as he came from a poor family. He shed tears while he was talking and said that he couldn't look into these people's eyes and talk anything about his past. He meant to say was that these new contestants don't respest and care about Indian Idol platform.

In my view he will be one of the top play-back singers in our film industry provided he does practice as a full time singer. He needs to do justice to his  r i a a s e  so that he can maintain the megical texture of his voice. People are born with play-back voice and one can only improve it. God has blessed him with sweet and  s u r e e l e e  voice and he must take care of it. I can say that because my wife is a singer but she only sings from our holy book  and in classical ragas from srirag to bharav to kalyan, todi, kedara, tukhari, kanra darbari and so on. She does practice for at least an hour everyday otherwise she loses her voice and keys on harmonium. She inspired me and pushed me to learn music. I didn't even know a b c of music because I was a physics and chemistry student throughout my life but now I can play Tabla with her and can also sing and play harmonium with her.

Talking about Sonu Nigam, he is the great singer of all times and we are lucky to have him as singer of his class are born once in a century. If I like someone after Mom. Rafi Sahib, he is none other than Sonu.

I don't know, whats wrong with these singers on the show. In second round they couldn't even remember their lyrics. Forget about singing part. I guess they were suppose to sing only 2 or three lines and they blew them. In my opinion their problem is that they only know vocal and can't play harmonium thats why they don't have knowledge of sur, taal and laai and when they get any new composition they can't sing it. Did you guys notice that contestants who had learnt music were successful in this round?

Take care and keep watching.😊

Originally posted by: JaspalToronto

Thanks for the awesome video, brahmabul

Abhijit is the true Indian Idol because he sings from his heart and he is down to earth type of guy. He loves and respect music and has dedicated his life to music. Yesterday when Bobby almost walked away from competition, Judges called upon him in the studio and he talked about his old days when he was contesting in Indian Idol 1. Remembering those days, he told us that how he borrowed a pair of jeans for the competition from a friend because he didn't afford it as he came from a poor family. He shed tears while he was talking and said that he couldn't look into these people's eyes and talk anything about his past. He meant to say was that these new contestants don't respest and care about Indian Idol platform.

In my view he will be one of the top play-back singers in our film industry provided he does practice as a full time singer. He needs to do justice to his  r i a a s e  so that he can maintain the megical texture of his voice. People are born with play-back voice and one can only improve it. God has blessed him with sweet and  s u r e e l e e  voice and he must take care of it. I can say that because my wife is a singer but she only sings from our holy book  and in classical ragas from srirag to bharav to kalyan, todi, kedara, tukhari, kanra darbari and so on. She does practice for at least an hour everyday otherwise she loses her voice and keys on harmonium. She inspired me and pushed me to learn music. I didn't even know a b c of music because I was a physics and chemistry student throughout my life but now I can play Tabla with her and can also sing and play harmonium with her.

Talking about Sonu Nigam, he is the great singer of all times and we are lucky to have him as singer of his class are born once in a century. If I like someone after Mom. Rafi Sahib, he is none other than Sonu.

I don't know, whats wrong with these singers on the show. In second round they couldn't even remember their lyrics. Forget about singing part. I guess they were suppose to sing only 2 or three lines and they blew them. In my opinion their problem is that they only know vocal and can't play harmonium thats why they don't have knowledge of sur, taal and laai and when they get any new composition they can't sing it. Did you guys notice that contestants who had learnt music were successful in this round?

Take care and keep watching.😊

i hope he makes it to the industry!!
iluvabhijeetsaw thumbnail
<3
I need not say more for myself...☺️
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: debayon

Oh really, I don't know why you say that, but I don't think you're appreciaing the struggle of this person from a lower middle-class family. I am not his fan, and he is not the best of all the II contestants in all the seasons, but he is certainly the most deserving of all the II winners. Only he can understand the pain he had to endure. He had to borrow his friend's pair of jeans, that's the situation he was in.

Trust me, I'm not demeaning his struggle at all. All I'm saying is that it was Sony's Idea to have him narrate his story onscreen to gain a 'sympathy' factor. I'm sure he must have had to go through alot, but when it comes to Reality Shows, anything and everything is done to keep the 'masala' factor intact. That's exactly what was done. Indian Idol is the most entertaining show out of all the gazillion singing talent hunt shows on TV, from every which angle πŸ˜‰
SLV3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CZ..

Trust me, I'm not demeaning his struggle at all. All I'm saying is that it was Sony's Idea to have him narrate his story onscreen to gain a 'sympathy' factor. I'm sure he must have had to go through alot, but when it comes to Reality Shows, anything and everything is done to keep the 'masala' factor intact. That's exactly what was done. Indian Idol is the most entertaining show out of all the gazillion singing talent hunt shows on TV, from every which angle πŸ˜‰

you did make me think and agree with your point of view......indeed it was out of blue, Abhijeet was called to narrate his struggle....but it definitely seems a TRP stunt...
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I agree with C Z its all a TRP game baby. Nothing more, Nothing less.
[QUOTE=Arushi.]I agree with C Z its all a TRP game baby. Nothing more, Nothing less.[/QUOTE
it was a 2min thing which was not even advertised, it was a genuine breakdown to see a contestant's behaviour!
iluvabhijeetsaw thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
He only borrowed those leather pants because he wanted to wear something nice because he was going to be on TV because he couldn't afford a nice pair...

I'm not sure about the TRP stunt but everything they do on Indian Idol seems like a TRP stunt lol so much drama all the timeee....Sunidhi tearing up as well...maybe she went through a lot building her career as well...
They enjoy praising the show as well :P

well Abhijeet has written about his struggle in his biography im sure so it's all written as well....I'm pretty sure aside from the acting they have got him to do on the show....that emotional breakdown probably wasn't included
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: CZ..

He was called in to bring some sense into that person.....and it reminded him of the old days...now how is that even remotely related to TRP's?πŸ˜• Just because a person breaks down means that there must be something wrong? Can a person on TV not cry genuinely?
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: debayon

He was called in to bring some sense into that person.....and it reminded him of the old days...now how is that even remotely related to TRP's?πŸ˜• Just because a person breaks down means that there must be something wrong? Can a person on TV not cry genuinely?

Not on a reality show. It's a well known fact that reality shows are hardly related to anything 'real'. It's all a TRP game. Let us, for the sake of arguement, believe that he did cry genuinely, then the fact remains that it was telecasted on TV for profitable reasons. Every ounce of tears, drama, anger, fights etc etc that you see on such shows is scripted. Right from A to Z. Who likes to cry on National Television? Not unless you're gaining something from it. And here I'm talking about the channel.

Edited by CZ.. - 13 years ago