Article - The Suraj that Khanak fell in love with

anna44 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
The Suraj that Khanak fell in love with

Khanak has been devastated ever since Suraj passed away and is fighting to get justice for his death by punishing Shantanu. While the Sarpanch has sought resolution by ordering Shantanu to find Khanak a groom, Khanak feels that she was made solely for Suraj and no one else. What makes Suraj so attractive and appealing? We talk to him to find out.

When did the acting bug bite you?
Actually I never thought of acting as a career. I am a mechanical engineer and wanted to pursue a career in that field. But, as it is often said, it's all about destiny and here I am!

So how did acting happen, then?
Well, I auditioned for a lark, never thought I'd get the role. But a couple of days later I got a call saying I'd be perfect for the character and that's how it happened.

Your role is short and you're to die soon. What do you think of that?
I am sure I'll be able to leave a lasting impact. And though it is a short role, it's quite central.

What do you think makes Odhani's storyline unique?
I think it's better to watch the show and let audiences decide that. But I can say that they will like the fact that the treatment is different from other shows. It's a clean family entertainer.

Are you very westernized? Or do you follow Indian culture?
No, I follow Indian culture completely. And I'm happy to have been brought up in a very cultured family.

The show is based in Gujarat. How did you manage a Gujarati accent?
I was born and have been brought up in Mumbai so I know a little bit of Gujarati. So no research needed! In any case, my character didn't demand that I speak in an accent.

Do you try to imitate any actor?
No.

Who can you call a friend in the industry?
I am new here and yet to make friends.

Catch up with Khanak's journey in Rang Badalti Odhani, Monday to Friday at 10 pm only on STAR One

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanxxxxx for sharing.I really like his character.

fatima
HealMeForever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thanx for sharing!!
nice replies!!
LiViYa thumbnail
aww suraj..he is sooooo cute😳..
btw thx 4 sharing!😊
rishani thumbnail