Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

safeplacetoland thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Tapoor

Interesting ff
mayank and nupur getting contract marriage. right?
super passionate
wow
i m so excited
pls do cont soon
and pls add me ur pm list
but i think i m already in ur pm list na?
but u didn't pm me yaar
so sad 

Taps I didn't PM anyone😆 I wrote it at 3 in the night...oops morning😆 and went to sleep😆
Sorry I;ve already chatted so much today that the spam message is bugging me 😡
Will reply tomorrow...now lemme update :D
..Mariyam.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

awesum start nidzz....

plz pm me when u update it.....

Naughtynatty thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
nidz u r mind blowing hun !!
another excellent FF !!!
I am head p=over heels on ur FF's lool !!
if u can add me on ur list !!
Love,
Natasha

Originally posted by: Naughtynatty

nidz u r mind blowing hun !!
another excellent FF !!!
I am head p=over heels on ur FF's lool !!
if u can add me on ur list !!
Love,
Natasha

Okay sure Nats!

Thanks a lot😛
Hey guys,
I'm glad you all liked this FF! My fetish for the topic of Zodiac Signs will be kinda manifested in this story. What I mean to say is I will be basing Mayank and Nupur on a certain sign. I hope you will figure out that by the end of the chapter.

Don't think that the characters have changed, esp Nupur, her expensive tastes are manifested in this chapter! Please do enjoy!

Chapter 2
Nupur looked at herself in the mirror for the umpteenth time. She ran her hand through her silky black hair and grinned at her perfect reflection.

"The world is going to see the real Nupur Bhushan today," Nupur said, grabbing her handbag.

She went down the hostel stairs, her gorgeous hair flying as she took each step. She had been looking forward to this day all her life. After tackling Mayank Jerk Sharma with her left hand, she had been given the position of a moving-assistant in A Mumbaikar's Pick, the largest book store in Mumbai.

Awaiting her was a cab, one among the most expensive in town, allowing her to relish in her preferred tastes of the expensive and luxurious. She got in and sat down, nodding at the driver.

"Good day ma'am," he greeted.

"Good day," Nupur said, smiling once again. "Please drive to A Mumbaikar's Pick."

As he drove, she recollected the past experiences. She had come to Mumbai much against her family's wishes. One would immediately think she had run away from home, but no, she was not the sneaky kind. She had walked out of her home, in front of everyone, stating the fact that she is going to achieve her dreams. No one tried stopping her because they knew the heights her obstinacy could reach. She was extremely stubborn and hot-headed and hated anyone interfering with her dreams.

She didn't like being ordered around or being told what to do. She knew what she wanted and she would go after it. She had a way with people, she knew how to get things her way. Some would call her being street-smart, but she would call it her charm.

She had had a talk with Mrs. Verma last night, who had been very happy for her. She laughed when Nupur told her about selling Mr. Jerk Sharma a children's book. She and her charm!

Soon the cab stopped at her destination. She paid a total sum of Rs. 600 to the driver and stepped out. Smiling, smiling a smile which could be equated to sunshine, Nupur went inside her workplace...and home.

"Hey Dia," she greeted, grinning.

"Hey Nupur," Dia said. "Welcome to work here!"

"Thanks for the warm welcome Dia," Nupur said. "I know I'm early, but I wanted to have a cup of coffee. I don't know how I resisted while making that jerk-face Sharma drink it yesterday."

"Sure, go ahead," Dia said. "Speaking of Mayank Sharma, he had called for you, earlier today."

"What?" Nupur asked. "Oh my god, is he going to fire me? JERK FACE!"

"I doubt he is," Dia said. "He sounded quite...happy and seemed to need to speak to you."

"What did you say?" Nupur asked, wondering why jerk-face Sharma wanted to speak to her.

"He wanted your contact number which I obviously didn't have," Dia said. "I told him to call you up during your work hours."

"That reminds me," Nupur said, forgetting Sharma. "I need to get myself a stylish cell phone...ASAP."

"You sure do," Dia said. "Mayank Sharma said he'd call you around 12:30 pm, so be ready."

"Argh I need to speak to him?" Nupur asked. "Anyways let me grab a cup of coffee so I can feel better about this call."

"Sure, go ahead," Dia said. "You shift doesn't start for another twenty minutes."

Nupur went up the elevator and into the coffee shop. She was excited about this, her first day at work and her new home. In only few moments of time, her life would change, forever.

Mayank needed to speak to that Bhushan girl from the bookstore, and fast! His whole life depended on her! She was smart and quick witted and was kinda pretty too. She seemed intelligent...and a prospective bride for a contract marriage.

He needed to get in touch with her, and FAST.

Nupur's day was going fantastically. Every customer whom she served left with a smile on their faces. This satisfied her as well and gave her the confidence that she would be one day the proud owner of a successfully run book store.

It was 12:30 pm and she has a fifteen minute snack break. She intended to go and grab something from the coffee shop upstairs, when Dia called out to her.

"Nupur it's Mayank Sharma on the phone, he wants to talk to you," she said.

"Jerk-face?" Nupur muttered. "Coming Dia."

"He actually called again Nupur," Dia said. "I thought he was joking."

"Hello Nupur Bhushan speaking," Nupur said proudly.

"Miss. Bhushan this is Mayank Sharma here," Mayank said through the phone. "The Mayank Sharma."

"How may I help you sir?" Nupur asked.

"Come and meet me in The Coffee Haven in Bandra, in TWENTY minutes," Mayank ordered.

"Sir I'm on duty," Nupur said. "I can't leave my duty and come."

"You must," Mayank said. "It's crucial that you do."

"Sir can't we-?"

"I want you to come to The Coffee Haven in twenty minutes and that is FINAL!" Mayank said, slamming the phone hard.

"JERK FACE!" Nupur announced loudly. "Dia that jerk-face Sharma expects me to meet him in The Coffee Haven in twenty freaking minutes! Is he nutters?"

"Oh.My.God," Dia said. "I think Mayank handsome Sharma is interested in you! Wow how lucky can you get?"

"Lucky?" Nupur asked. "I'm working Dia, in case you didn't know my break gets over in 10 minutes!"

"C'mon Nupur," Dia said. "The manager will understand. Mayank Sharma comes before everything."

"But Di-"

"Come on girl go and enjoy," Dia said. "Sigh...how lucky!"

"Have fun in jerk-face dreamland," Nupur said. "And I will suffer in jerk-face reality."

Smirking, Nupur got out of her work place and took an auto to The Coffee Haven.

Mayank was sitting in an exclusive private booth in The Coffee Haven. He didn't want his private matters to spread to the outside world. What he was going to discuss with the Bhushan girl was something that had to remain between him and her only.

He saw her enter the Haven, dressed in a long red skirt and white full-sleeved top. Her hair was lying loose on her shoulders. Her dress accentuated her curves and clung to her body. Her eyes were looking for someone, that someone being him. He asked the waiter to direct her over to him.

"Hello Mr. Sharma," she said, taking the seat opposite him. "What is so crucial that I had to miss my first day of work?"

God! How do I do this? Sam had told me on the knees, on the knees Mr. Perfect!

He was on his knees in an instant. He gave the Bhushan girl an irresistible smile and took out a tiny box from his pocket and opened it, to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"Miss. Bhushan, will you marry me?" he asked, smiling even wider.

Holy cow! HOLY TOLEDO! Did he just ask me to MARRY him?

"No ways!" Nupur exclaimed. "Have you officially lost it?"

"Just take the ring Miss. Bhushan, I will explain later," Mayank said. "Just do as I say."

"What?" Nupur spluttered. "But-"

"Just take the ring," Mayank said firmly.

Nupur grabbed the ring and looked at Mayank as if he were mad.

"Sit down," he seethed.

She did so.

"What is the meaning of this Mr. Sharma?" Nupur asked angrily.

"Listen my mother wants to get me married," he started.

"So you go and propose to any random girl on the road?" Nupur asked.

"She told me to find a bride for myself by Friday, lest she will get me married to Anita Chopra," Mayank said. "Anita Chopra is a wimp, a loser and a girl who looks at me with lust-filled eyes."

"And what does that have to do with me?" Nupur asked.

"See I want you to have a contract marriage with me," Mayank said.

"WHAT?" Nupur yelled. "A contract marriage? Are you nuts?"

"Lower your volume woman," Mayank ordered. "And I'm nuts about my freedom. Anyways it will be for only a year. Towards the end of the year we begin fighting and get divorced showing my mom that I'm not fit for marriage."

"And you think I'm going to help you in this," Nupur said. "How idiotic."

"Listen you will be living in THE Sharma Mansion for a whole year," Mayank said. "Plus after the term ends I give you ownership over 1/8th of my property and you can't even fathom how much that is. Also I will give you a lakh a month after that."

"A lakh?" Nupur asked.

"Okay make that 10 lakhs," Mayank said. "We will sign a pre-nuptial agreement."

"I wasn't asking you to increase the amount," Nupur said. "Do I look like a greedy witch to you?"

"No you don't," Mayank said. "You are perfect. I mean you have class, you are witty and how you handled me yesterday, I need to give you a standing ovation for that."

"Perfect?" Nupur spluttered. "What does that-"

"I mean you aren't even going gaga over me unlike other girls," Mayank explained. "You are in perfect control of yourself. And my mom will surely be impressed with you. I know her taste."

"Oh so you want to marry me because I'm of your mother's taste?" Nupur spat. "Look dude we don't even know each other."

"We don't, but we will," Mayank. "See I trust you Miss. Bhushan-"

"You don't even know my name Mr. Mayank Sharma," Nupur said.

"What is it?" Mayank asked.

"Nupur Bhushan," Nupur said. "Gosh this is crazy."

"See we will speak to our parents," Mayank said. "It will all work out Nuputt."

"It's not Nuputt," Nupur corrected. "The name's Nupur Rati Bhushan."

"At least promise me you will think over it," Mayank said. "Please."

"I don't see any reason to-"

"Just think over it," Mayank said. "And that's a demand."

"How dare you demand ME?" Nupur asked. "I told you I'm not some greedy witch out there! And no one demands me to do anything."

"I do," Mayank said. "I demand you to think over it. And don't tell me no. I wont accept it. Good bye."

He got up from there and walked off, leaving a confused Nupur behind. She couldn't fathom what had just happened. Did Mayank Jerk-face Sharma just propose to her for marriage? A contract marriage? A part of her wanted to say yes for some unknown reason. But the rational brain of her's told her to refuse the proposal, it was not right.

Only time would tell what was right for Nupur and Mayank.

The End of Chapter 2

Hehe any guesses on their raashees😳? Hope you guys liked it! Don't worry, the story is not moving too fast or anything! This is the correct pace that I've in mind!
Things will fall more into place in the coming chapters😃

Love,
Nidz

Comment, LIKE and criticize!

Jiyyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Nidz!
There is LIKE button but is there any LOVE button?
Because I LOVED IT!!!!
MaYur were funny
And nupur STYLISH
SUPERB PART!
Update 3 part RITE NOW 😆 Edited by Luv.MayUrArTi - 14 years ago
myownarea thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
exciting nidzzz!! very interesting :)
loved reading it 😃
I m clueless abt rashis but know for sure they r not gemini cos I m a true Gemini n they r nothing like me 🤣

Continue soooon 😃
iHeartMoi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
You are a born writer, Nidz!!
This was sublime, Ms. Nidheya! Marvelous work! 👏

What's with the zodiac signs, dude? I didn't get it 😛 Edited by 2112ization - 14 years ago
The-chosen-one thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
good one
no pace isn't fast
its totally acceptable

do you pm for updates??
can u plz me to your list
plz

i somehow came across this update...
plz do pm me