6/04 - Sid's current status: The Hero & The Wimp !

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Today, when I saw Riddhima lift her eyes towards Sid like a lamb on the butchering table begging for mercy, I looked at Sid from the outside. Riddz wanted Sid to come forward and put an end to her misery - be her saviour like he had been in all these months. But no, Sid did not get up today - he just told her with his eyes to keep sitting where she was sitting.

Siddhanth has taken Riddz' hand and thrown her in the ocean - Go ahead, Riddhima. Jump into that water - swim - and you will find your way to the channel where you have to. I am no longer going to take decisions for you - tell you what is right , what is wrong , what you should do and what you should not. Yes, it is cruel but it is the only way i will get to know what you want - and you will know where your heart is.

Sid told Riddz to act as Armaan's wife - Sid let Riddhima stand amidst a mockery of her emotions - Sid pushed Riddhima to the limits of sitting next to Armaan to take wedding vows - And Sid did all this with a stung but strangely stoned expression. What a wimp! Where is the man with an iron spine who stood against the whole world for Riddhima and her honour? Where is the man who staked his whole life by marrying a woman who preferred to die than be his wife , a woman who would never love him?

The answer is that the man is right here and answers to all his oscillations between the wimp and the hero lie in his conversation with Dr.Keerti which was shown for a reason so that the audience understands Sid's current status of mind.

Siddhanth to Dr.Keerti - There is nothing that I can tell Armaan because that right , that freedom of choice lies only with Riddhima. If I say anything at this juncture , it would mean taking that right away from her. It is totally her call now and I have no control over anything any longer. Fine, I love her but I can no longer take decisions for her and loving her does not mean imposing my marital rights over her.

Hmmmm......

Sid and only Sid  knows the kind of madness, the insanity with which Riddhima had yearned for Armaan. He has seen Riddz' emotional breakdown from the closest and he is convinced that there is no way that she will choose him over Armaan. So, he has left her in the middle of the sea, to clear her confusion , to fight the turmoils inside and know where she wants to be.

We all expect Sid to stand up in that circus courtroom and that mockery-of-a-wedding and save Riddhima. Alright. Save her from what , exactly? Armaan and the expression of his love?

What will Sid get up and say ? 

Stop it Armaan ! You cannot recount your love story in front of us because Riddhima is my wife and no longer your girlfriend? Lay off , dude?

Yes, he can do that but then, the moment he stands up for Riddhima and exercises his right over her as a husband , he pours mineral water over all that he is trying to do. He defies all the words that he told Dr.Keerti and Yuvi. He takes away all rights away from Riddhima there and then.Where is the choice left after that?

Just like we are expecting Sid to relive his superman saviour role, Sid is waiting for Riddz to burst out and scream that she is Sid's wife and that she wants to be with him because she loves him. He can see that Riddz is looking at him in her most vulnerable state but no , he cannot be her life guard here, she has to take a dive on her own. So that tomorrow, Riddz has no more confusions and she is content that whatever she did , she did with all her heart.

Sid is just sitting , watching Riddhima slip away and waiting for her to listen to her heart. Even in the precap, Sid cannot figure out whether Riddhima is accusing him of being her husband or pointing to him because she is attached to her husband.

Sid is anything but spineless or wimpish until now. He has played a gamble that will lead Riddhima to the door that she wants to go to. Everyone knows what Sid has done for Riddz and before Riddz , to be sure what exactly his spine is made of.

It is easy to bounce on people when they are at their lowest - it is mortal nature , but there is always a larger view , always another side to the coin and always a different coloured window to see things from.

It takes courage to let go off the hand of the woman you love and then wait in the hope for her return.

Sid is a hero and he always will be. You cannot take away all that he has done for Riddhima and others all his life. And wimps don't do that. Sid is a hero who is at his lowest at this time and well, people , we all have our wimp moments.

For me , today , where Sid stands , he is still the hero that he has always been but in his love for Riddhima , his only wimp moment is that he has no idea of the damage that he has done to Armaan. For me , that is Sid's only fault. But as I said , there are chinks in everybody's armour - EVERYBODY.

P.S- Please read the text in my siggy box before gracing my post with your valuable replies. No analysis on today's episode as it was a replication of yesterday's episode and mostly a waste of time and neurons.

Love and luck to everyone, ❤️

GOD bless everyone.
🤗
Edited by Pocahontas - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Poco..lovely post but for the first time I beg to differ...

Sid did not get married to Ridhima as a self sacrifice...first and foremost as depicted later..he had started liking and havig feelings for her before that...so it might have been an unconscious way of getting what his heart desired and this inspite of knowing that the woman was deeply and irrevocable in love with another man..he and he alone as u said had seen the depth and intensity of Ridhima's love for Armaan..then why mistreat her, why get so furious that to insult her in front of friends and colleagues, to ask her to wipe his shoes, to always be sulking, furious and demeaning to a woman whom u already knew was in love with another man...and losing ur cool when this woman does not let u get close physically ....

I want u to answer these doubts first and then we will deal with the rest of it...and Poco u know i love u...😉
ziyamalhotra thumbnail
i dont know whether i am welcome her but just my pov

i think now sid has right on riddhima since sid himself confessed that "Tumhe Armaan se pyaar ka natak Karna Hoga"
then riddhima also said that she now has feeling for her and wants to continue with the marriage
she also said that her own husabnd wants her to do that

and then during the whole cafe scene rid was loking crying at sid and wanted him to speak something since she was being ripped in fornt of everyone

and there are many more scene in this cafe scene where sid and rid feels for each other

your post are always unbaised topic maker but today it is baised
romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great one Poca!! You have so much positivity in you......honestly, I was blaming CVs for making Sid's character so dumb/doll. But, now I realized that even his silent has meaning.........I love your analysis:))
~SR rocks~
ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Hey Pocohontas lovely post....👍🏼

Although I completely agree with you that Sid is a true hero but I feel that Sid should have stopped the marriage,one way or the other as Riddhima might have expressed her feelings but I think that as Sid didn't support Riddhima,she won't exactly tell him what she feels for him now...
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: eveline

Hey Poco..lovely post but for the first time I beg to differ...

Oyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Tu kahaan se jaagi?🤗... Misshed you , nikammi kahiin ki!

Sid did not get married to Ridhima as a self sacrifice...first and foremost as depicted later..he had started liking and havig feelings for her before that...so it might have been an unconscious way of getting what his heart desired and this inspite of knowing that the woman was deeply and irrevocable in love with another man..he and he alone as u said had seen the depth and intensity of Ridhima's love for Armaan..then why mistreat her, why get so furious that to insult her in front of friends and colleagues, to ask her to wipe his shoes, to always be sulking, furious and demeaning to a woman whom u already knew was in love with another man...and losing ur cool when this woman does not let u get close physically ....

When Sid married Riddhima , he had no realization of his feelings for Riddhima - when they came fleeting , he told himself that it is just a soft spot. When he told Shankypanks that he will marry Riddhima , he had no idea where life would go. If you remember , before the wedding Sid has a locker room scene with Yuvi/Naina , i think. There , when he is asked if he is happy , he say " Woh bhi ho jaaonga".

Yes, Sid was genuinely looking forward to make this compromise work - if you remember , he was all set to treat Riddhima like a queen , make her feel special.... BUT.......The horrid suicide attempt happened and Riddz drove the point home to Sid that she would prefer dying than be his wife. And from this deception and rejection arose Sid's angst-ridden behaviour whose explanation was conveyed to the audience through Riddhima herself. Sid wanted to hurt Riddhima because he could not fight the worthlessness that Riddz had unknowingly inflicted on him. But she knew Sid was a good man. As you mentioned, Sid asked her to wipe his shoes..... and then, he is the same man who stopped her , lifted her up by his arms and told her in a milder tone that he was kidding. As for the physical contact , it only came through the famous seduction  scene where Sid only meant to convey to her that the reason they are unable to make this marriage work is because she is a mannequin. Other than that, Sid kept away from Riddhima. He knew she doesn't love him. The only physical thing that happened between them was a hug initiated by Riddhima.

I want u to answer these doubts first and then we will deal with the rest of it...and Poco u know i love u...😉

Haan, haan, meri pyar ki dukaan. Tum sirf mera exam lene aati ho.

Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

For me , today , where Sid stands , he is still the hero that he has always been but in his love for Riddhima , his only wimp moment is that he has no idea of the damage that he has done to Armaan. For me , that is Sid's only fault. But as I said , there are chinks in everybody's armour - EVERYBODY.

I agree with everything you said....and especially this part above. He may appear wimpish right now, but he is actually the hero, his only fault is the pain he caused Arman, but he did so unknowingly. Despite the frustrations we were all feeling, if he had said anything, and it was apparent that he wanted too it would ruin the "choice", which is really important for Ridhimma to make herself.

Loved the analysis...and LOVE SR!
uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Poco I kno where u cum from.Sid was ridiculous to suggest whatever he sugested to Ridz but she had her chance to choose at that time when he suggested her to act to luv Arman if Ridz would have once told him that she LOVES HER HUSBAND things wld be different.
If Ridz stands up for him tomm and then SID leaves her I wld be VERY UPSEt with him.
But if Ridz CATAGORICALLY chooses SID I AM SURE HE WILL STAND UP FOR HER.
She does get affected by Arman still..... He is OBSERVING HER.....
At least Thats what i Think!!!!!!
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: ziyamalhotra

i dont know whether i am welcome her but just my pov

Ziya, I am not some kind of monster.😆😆😆😆😆😆... all POVs are welcome as long as they are civil.

i think now sid has right on riddhima since sid himself confessed that "Tumhe Armaan se pyaar ka natak Karna Hoga"
then riddhima also said that she now has feeling for her and wants to continue with the marriage
she also said that her own husabnd wants her to do that

and then during the whole cafe scene rid was loking crying at sid and wanted him to speak something since she was being ripped in fornt of everyone

and there are many more scene in this cafe scene where sid and rid feels for each other

your post are always unbaised topic maker but today it is baised

Ziya,

I am not denying anything that you are saying. Yes, Sid told Riddz to act as Armaan's wife . Yes, Sid sat quietly throughout the courtroom mockery circus.

But do you know what the issue is?

The issue is that Sid believes that Armaan and Riddhima are a fairytale he cannot reach. With tge backlog of Armaan's love in his head, Sid wants to make sure that Riddhima takes the right decision - he is throwing her towards Armaan with full force so that she listens to her heart and knows what she wants.

Like we expected Sid to stand up for Riddz , Sid expected Riddz to stand up for their marriage and that too WITH FEELING , NOT OBLIGATION. Only Riddz has the right to tell Armaan that she is Mrs.Riddhima Modi now, nobody else.

Sid pushed Riddz to the limits ,yes. But as I mentioned in my post - Sometimes you have to push people into the sea to teach them to swim.

Yes, I might sound biased but when I see reason in something and am convinced about it , I stand by them.

And you are such a meanie, Ziya accusing me like that!😲😲😲😲😲😲.... I took Armaan's side today over SR.😆😆😆😆😆😆😆.....😉.....kidding sweetz. I respect your opinion.

doukno thumbnail

U beautifully analysed Sid's position, Poca...........Flawless post.......And, dat is precisely why I like Sid-The Imperfect hero.......😊