2/04- Sid-Riddz-Armaan:And we need a group hug now

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Riddhima looks at Sid , stunned and tears roll down her cheeks as Sid's stinging words slice through her heart. What ? Pretend to be Armaan's wife? Am i hearing you right, Sid? GET A LIFE! There is no way am going to do anything of that sort. It was your Mom who explained to me what marriage was all about - emphasized on its importance in one's life. And what are you telling me to do? PRETEND? I mean , are you serious? PRETEND? Sid hates her tears but he knows where he is going and what he is doing. He holds Riddhima by her shoulders and tells her that they have to do this. Haven't they always done this? First , they got married for Shanky and her prestige , then , they hid their marriage for YuNa and now , it's for Sid's mom. You look at both of them and you feel like laughing sadly at what they have been through. Somehow, Sid-Riddz never got a chance to tap their feelings for each-other and hug their relationship, simply because circumstances and people around them forever kept them under scanner. Ever since Sid-Riddz got married, they have done little except living and smiling for others....

Riddz remembers the entire evolution of her relationship with Sid - the encounters, the wedding , the love that had begun to seep in slowly and softly. Yes, she could do it for Sid and she will. But as if her heart squeaked a fear in a meek voice , Riddz tells Sid that they both are hanging by a silk thread of hope - she fears that they may end up going so far in this ridiculous facade that they may never come back. Sid is struck and he knows what she is trying to say. He feels helpless when Riddhima says that if her husband doesn't want to hold her hand , where is she going to go? Riddz , giving Sid a promise with a heavy heart goes away ... her heart pounding with the fear that Sid is throwing her on the very paths that she wants to run away from.

And there stands Sid on the terrace... all alone- helpless and defeated already having echoed a ' I LOVE YOU' in his heart when Riddz agreed to do what he wanted simply because it was Sid who wanted it.

I know all this is suicidal, Riddhima but am doing the right thing. As we hide behind the facade of Mom's health , you will get the time and the thought to understand and realize where your heart wants to be. I know that you are hanging between your feelings for me and Armaan. I know that you feel I am throwing you towards Armaan but am only helping you arrive at a decision , no matter what a coward-ish villain i appear at this moment. Sometimes, the only way to teach somebody to swim is to throw them into water. I am pushing you to the limits ... I am pushing you to the edge because i don't want you to develop cold feet and hide behind this marriage and your husband.....I want you to know where your heart is.... and we leave Sid all alone.

Later, while a dejected Armaan admits to his juniors that he is not even that great a planner after all , we see Sid's mom warm up to Riddhima for ulterior motives. But that little spray of affection touches the daughter-in-law in Riddhima and her face lights up as she tells her monster mom-in-law that she has every right to scream at her.

Armaan talks to himself in the locker room - yeah , inside his confetti sprayed glass globe - breathing in the love that he has for Riddhima , chattering to himself about Riddhima's persona and how it makes his heart sing. As somebody rightly told me yesterday, Armaan is this beautiful sleeping baby at this moment with a lovely smile on his face. And then, Riddhima walks in - totally dissociated from the glass globe and in turmoils of her own. Armaan, the quintessential Armaan tried to speak to her again - he blocks her path and looks at her with the love that he has always harboured for her. Riddhima looks at him and remembers what she has promised Sid - tears well up in her eyes but they are tears of anger - Armaan doesn't understand this ice wall and his fears are reinforced that she is no longer the Basket he had left behind. And then, Sid enters and catches them in that moment. They both sense his presence and move away from each-other. Riddz looks at Sid with such hurtful and wounded feelings that the glare could burn a hole through Sid's heart. Riddz turns on her heels and runs off to the restroom.

Armaan - in his innocence chides Sid for spoiling his moment with Riddhima. What kind of a friend are you anyway, dude? If you were not my friend i would have killed you for snooping up like this on me and Riddhima. Sid , the angst and pain that he holds inside showing up in monosyllables just says sorry and turns to leave. Telling your wife to stand next to her first love is one thing and watching it happen is totally another thing. Sid has no idea the kind of glass shards he is slicing his own heart with and leading Armaan to the same pathway. Armaan , like a trusting child holds back Sid. Riddz has changed, Sid. She ... i mean... you should have looked the way she was looking at me... i wanted to shut my own eyes rather than have her look at me like that. You gotta help me, dude. Just bring her back to me. You came between us , right? Now, you will get aside and bring us together. GO! Sid looks at Armaan with a strange expression - Ya, right. I came in between the two of you.

Armaan almost pushes Sid into the changing room to go and get Riddhima. Riddhima sees Sid and she blows her top on him. I am so not gonna do this, Sid! I AM MARRIED TO YOU. Then, how can you even ask me to pretend to be somebody else's wife? Sid puts his hand on her mouth twice to lower her volume because Armaan is outside......And then , Armaan comes in. He sees the awkward position that Sid-Riddz were in - Sid with his hand on Riddhima's mouth but he doesn't react to it. Tears welling up in his eyes , he tells Riddhima that she doesn't have to scream to convey to him that she doesn't want to speak with him - he got the message. Sid tries to lessen Armaan's hurt ( which is very very ironic) but Armaan tells Sid that let it be. But before Armaan goes , he tells Riddz that one day , the love that he has for her will bring her to him. And off he goes. Both Sid-Riddz look at him , stunned. Fighting her tears, Riddzie runs away. Sid recalls Armaan's last words , without any shock or terror or anxiety - just tired sadness on his face - as if what Armaan said is exactly what Sid is expecting to happen. Sid believes that Riddz will go away to Armaan , so when Armaan said those words in wounded innocence , they did not sting Sid. Sid has resolved to his fate and accepted it with a prostrated head. Riddz , well, she is on her way to finding her way. Hopefully.

Sid-Riddz-Armaan need a group hug today because :

-Riddz has been pushed to the limits by her husband Sid so that when her heart is unleashed , she understands what she wants.You could see in today's episode how much Sid's behaviour was hurting her and she doesn't give two hoots about his 'mahaanta'. She agreed to do pretension only for Sid , not his mom and other social work projects.

- Sid has decided to risk his life and heart by pushing Riddhima towards Armaan , fully knowing that it could mean the end of road for them. Watching Armaan lay out his innocent feelings for Riddhima and being called an outsider , asking the woman he loves to pretend to be a man's wife , watching them close.Sid lives in a purgatory - a purgatory borne out of goodness that borders on stupidity.

- Armaan is going to be the worst hit when the two people who matter the most to him are going to look like a pair of criminals to him soon. At the same time, Armaan is going to feel like a criminal for having pursued Riddhima Modi. As Sid-Riddz run in circles with each-other , they both have no idea the kind of damage they are doing to Armaan. None of them is wrong , yes, but times are. Ah, well.

P.S - Don't fret over the precap , babies. Go and hit the hottest night club. šŸ˜‰

Love and luck to everyone,ā¤ļø

GOD bless always. šŸ¤—

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vishluvsammy thumbnail
Hmmm one word...PERFECT!!
Edited by Vishluvsammy - 14 years ago
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Riddz tells Sid that they both are hanging by a silk thread of hope - she fears that they may end up going so far in this ridiculous facade that they may never come back.

P.S - Don't fret over the precap , babies. Go and hit the hottest night club. šŸ˜‰

R U KIDDIN šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜² this kind of S-H-O-C-KšŸ˜² šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²  is gna mke me leave  my senses šŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜† 

Wonderful Analysis.........šŸ¤—
Edited by Sofna - 14 years ago
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
šŸ¤—
They say actions speak louder than words Poca, and apart from Armaan-Riddhima-Siddhant, it is also us who need hugs.

Thanks for a beautifully put forth analysis and update of the serial. Somewhere it brought out the feelings much more painfully than the episode did.

*Stunned into silence*
poco - u made a post????šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²......i failed to find the letter "L" of logic in today's episode!! must say u always make the characters and the change of events much more pleasing and sensible!!!

thanks poco!!!

cheers
Kai
solembaum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Poco, Looks like I am being a regular in your posts!! But I am really surprised that you could find something good in today's episode! I seriously can't see any justification for what the Cvs are coming up with these days!!! And to think that R doesn't even think about what she is doing to A and nor does Sid!!!!!!!!!! 
-DavneetKaur- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow pocco...i loved your post...sorry couldnt reply to one earlier as m feeling a bit unwell...i havent seen episode today but just reading ur post has made such a great impact on me...that i guess i know everything now...i dont know where the show is heading but i dont know for how long can they show such confused relationships...if these things continue...i doubt even the show would continue or not..n abt the sid -ridz-armaan seriously u wanna hug them..tell them man just relax n repeat "all iz well" ...i wonder it wud work here or not but m sure it will have an impact for sureeeeeee
BlackWitch thumbnail
šŸ‘ Lovely analysis! I totally loved the portrayal as well as the liberal use of sarcasm used šŸ˜ƒ Awesome!
anwaya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ow u make my exprericane of watching JaRen amazing by ur writting!

it feels so goos than watching the scen wehn i read this!

n yes  they need a group hug!

n a special hug to Siddy!
dr_ash thumbnail
if u weren't there i wudn't b able to find logic in this serial every tym after watching dmg i come up with a conclusion that this is senseless but u prove me always wrong plz do continue provin me wrong