29/03/10 - Armaan-Sid-Riddz: The Butchering Begins - Page 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
hey poco, firstly thank you for making this post, u must have opened many eyes!!! Very thought provoking post!!!

so coming to Armaan - Ridhimma - Siddhanth....now....where do i start????

I have always liked Armaan and Siddhanth not because two handsome hunks played them but because their characters when compared to others had some consistency and logic!!!

(I have seen Armaan only till Feb 2008, so my comments r SOLEY based on that and Sid from the beginning till today's epi!)

Ever since Armaan was back is DMG, the whole story went for a toss! forget abt the wrong timing, the writers could have done better, much much better with his entry!

Butchering of Armaan started off with his reappearance in panchgani!!
Why❓ -> The Armaan i have known, adored and worshipped his love ridhimma. She was his life, his everything his being!! There was no way in this world no matter how sick he was he would leave Ridhimma who was lying on the floor unconscious in that horrid weather, taking off her bangle/payal and writing a letter and setting off. HE saw a guy (Sid) who came to his cottage following ridhimma how on earth can he leave Rdihimma's safety in a total strange!! He never met Sid nor has any idea abt who he is!! This was totally unexceptable for me.

okay, fine! PH had problems in getting back KSG so they came up with this plot....forgiven!!!.....but wht did they do when KSG was back as Armaan...?????

Now they had no excuse, they could have woven a beautiful plot on Armaan's return ...but they wanted a rocking shocking entry of "ROCKSTAR" armaan!!😡 this is where i just lost my head!!
Armaan hasn't met Ridhimma for 6 months, he was on the verge of dying and now thanks to a miracle (yeah i buy that!)  he is back to normal!
And wht does Armaan do when he is back❓ Was the shoot out scene ever shown in his flashbacks???? Does he remember it's being months since he hasn;t met ridhimma!! How can he EXPECT her to come to his concert, to meet him in Sanjeevani???? why o why "aai paapi"  song, wht is there to celebrate - he hasn;t seen /spoken / met Ridhimma...wht is this celebration all abt??
I want a similar reaction to how ridhimma reacted knowing Armaan never betrayed her!! I wanted to him run to meet Ridhimma, drop his bags rush to the hospital, go to her house search the streets to mumbai, anything and everything in his power to find his love, his life!!
If the PH wanted a song, bakhuda tumhi ho, wud be apt!!

Wht was shown -> was the Armaan i saw during KaSh times a carefree romantic boy waiting for his basket after coming back from 2 weeks of vacation!

I felt like the Armaan i saw last during feb 2008 is the same guy i saw now, where is the growth in the character, the circumstances then and now are completely different yet the character reacts in the same manner!!Skate boarding with yuvi and helping find Jp his nana were distraction for Armaan to meet Ridhimma!!! (🀣😑)
😳

coming to Ridhimma,

I was fine with her till the time Armaan came back!! After Armaan entry's the character has changed over night!!! I expected her to discuss with Sid that she met Armaan or when Sid mentions he is aware abt Armaan, i wanted her to drag sid to locker room or some private place and discuss not leave things on destiny!! When Armaan used the projector scene to convey his feelings to Ridhimma i want her to drag Armaan to a corner or fire escape and blunt out the truth not a running marathon from the past!!
Given her the benefit of shock, in today's episode she had the time and opportunity to reveal the truth to Armaan but again she wants to continue her marathon!!
Wasn't she the same ridhimma who asked Sid to be easy on his mother as she was NOT AWARE OF THE TRUTH!! now why is she killling Armaan by not revealing the truth!! She is making mocker of his feelings and she ows him an explaination as to wht happened in those 6 months!!

Now she has became prerna oscillating b/w Armaan & Sid!!!

coming to Houston prince - Sid,

This boy was doing completely fine till he got a 1000 volts ka shock of Armaan and after that he had gone to becoming Devdas of DMG!! I expected Sid to take Ridhimma to Armaan and not give her a dream date with her past in pune that too completely uninformed!! How can Sid be so careless, how can he not be bothered to know how his wife will react to this blast from her past!!HE was waiting in the hotel???? Didn't he see how ballistic she went in paachgani, wht if she does something to herself?? How can he leave her safety in Armaan's hands...how much does he know Armaan!!
And now that he knows ridhimma is in no MOOD to spill the beans why is he not telling the truth! How can sid just watch a person unknowing make a fool of himself and his feelings infront on the whole hospital.!! Does he know that Armaan's actions are damaging his wife reputation?? Y is Sid not understanding Ridhimma's state of mind and making things easier for her by letting her know that she is free to choose whoever she wants!!
Since when did Sid leave things to destiny???

I would also like to add with the new storyline not only A, S and R are butchered even Yuvi, Naina, Sue JP, Jiggy, Kriti, Raj and equally being butchered!!

khudos to CVs within two weeks they ruined DMG and all the characters beyond recognition!!

I hate to say this but ekta does a butchering than CVs, at least i know that if perena is with bajaj now she will be with Anurag within 2 months!!
Here tho characters just disappear without notice!!!

very sorry for my rambling poco!! i had to vent out my feeling somewhere i found this the best place!!

cheers
Kai

Edited by Kai_Hiwatari - 14 years ago
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Hiya Poca… very well written topic.

I completely agree with all you have said..and really there is nothing more to say..

But hope the CV's don't butcher Armaan's character.. (what is left!)

All he is doing is trying to passify his love that is angry.. Poor guy is beaten up in this triangle not having a clue and

Beaten up by the situation!!

Ridz: I can't even start to talk about her without getting angry… she is torn apart between two men..

One bound with love and the other by respect… can't she not open her mouth and say something..??

Knowing Armaan .. he will back off and even feel bad and will blame himself in what has happened!

If I start analysing her .. I will need a therapist so I am going to let be!

@Sid.. well he is hoping Ridz will make her decision.. well I think he should go tell Armaan and end his and our misery!!!!

And then let Ridz make the decision!! LOL!

@ ur comment here.. i would like add;

Be it SR or AR , the couples are not about spine-tingling chemistry, nice good-looking picture frames , for how many years or how many months who has loved whom or getting married and having babies. NO. It is the journey that matters - a believable poignant journey where the character have stayed consistent and their story has been beautiful.

I do agree about needing a beautiful story … but also added is the chemistry or the nice looking frames and the time given by the fans… without that there will be no love story ..no show .. honestly!

Over all DMG is known to butcher their characters….i don't hold my breath over them like I used to!!

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: khahani

Hey Poca (sorry I don't know your name)

I am Poco.😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

I usually refrain myself from commenting as I like to wear my own pair of Chashama but today after reading your update I couldn't help myself (I hope I am welcomed here, I know I entered even before knocking, that's just me being impatient LOL)

Of course you are welcome to reply , sweetz. This is an expression post at a healthy discussion forum. πŸ˜ƒ

I used to be an adherent reader of your 'dialogue of the day' but you never update them anymore HUMP

Coming to your update I agree with on most things you have highlighted! The creative's are butchering all three characters in the name of TRP's. I actually don't think they can butcher Ridz anymore than they've already done.

True. Everytime you think that now, Riddzie will be redeemed , she goes ahead with another of her cuckoo acts.

Armaan: He is making a mockery of his feeling, dignity and self-respect with NO faults of his own! What will happen to him when he finds out that his prefect dream is in reality a terrible nightmare? He needs to know the truth ASAP!

Sid: What did he ever do to deserve this kind of messy life? Did he come from Huston to be involved in such a messy situation where there is no light at the end of the tunnel!

You make me feel even worse for the two men. Damn. They don't deserve this mess - Armaan is living in false hope and Sid's whole life, his entire being has gone topsy turvy.I am sure both the actors have no longer any idea about what their character graph is. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Riddhima: The less said about her the better. All I'll say women get a grip of yourself!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I sincerely hope I did not offend anyone with my comment.πŸ€—

Take care

Nahida

Love and luck always to you,

GOD bless you.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
People, we are not done yet. I am going to reply to all the remaining posts tomorrow and in the meantime, detractors , please spare my post or else we all get spanked by the moderators.
Eyes-Wide-Shut thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hola Senorita,
Fantastic topic and analysis of the dismal state of DMG at the present moment and thank you very much for your reference to the neurons and gray matter, it makes the inner nerd in me real happy 😊
I agree with all your points especially how everyone will focus   on Armaan's hurt but no attention will be paid to the fact that he was pursuing a married women for crying out loud!
I love Armaan and my love for AR is not hidden and I was also not party to SR marriage but a home breaker is a home breaker in my eyes, even though Armaan has no clue about SR marriage and he is being kept in the dark he will be label himself as a home breaker, Mr. and Mrs. Modi are trying to turn an innocent lover into a home breaker just because Mrs. Modi has gone berserk and Mr. Modi like you mentioned is forgetting the fine line between goodness and stupidity!

Is it me being pessimistic because I see no good coming out of this self inflected situation!
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i love you poco..tune sabki dil ki awaaz nikal di iss post mein
Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Well, well, well....

Remember I had said a few days ago that am about to lose my inspiration because i can see certain things coming? I wanted to be proved wrong but i think i should have known these familiar grounds better because the butchering is about to begin.

How? Ah, well let me type it out for you with my fuchsia pink nailed fingertips.

1. Armaan at the butcher shop.

This good-looking chocolate mousse is perhaps the worst hit. He is falling under bad light, becoming an innocent and accidental home breakers and  becoming the hunted lamb for no fault of his. He is going around displaying his affection for Riddhima , staring into her eyes , trying to kiss her , making escapades with her into the FE. Riddhima , who is Siddhanth's wife. But how do you blame Armaan? It is SO not his fault. Because Star One and CVs have decided to stretch the earth-shattering news of the SR wedding from him until they figure out what to do. And looking at the inherent characteristics of Armaan, has any one of the writers given a thought that how Armaan is going to feel when the truth dawns upon him? He will be heartbroken is another thing , but making a fool of himself in front of the whole hospital when people around him - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM - knew that he was pursuing Riddhima Modi and not his basket? How betrayed he is going to feel from both Sid-Riddz who told him everything except the truth? What about Armaan's self-respect and dignity? How does it feel to be called a man pursuing a married woman? Kick out the chemistry and pairings , it is sick feeling in the pit of the stomach. But of course , the creatives will only concentrate on his broken heart , not his broken belied faith and his embarrassment at having made such a fool of himself. So, Armaan, welcome to the butcher shop.

2. Siddhanth at the butcher shop counter.

Siddhanth is guilty of letting live Armaan in fool's paradise - he is guilty of not telling Riddhima that he sent Armaan to see her. Siddhanth cannot tell Armaan anything because he himself has no clue of his relationship's status with Riddhima , what is he going to tell Armaan? That Riddhima is my wife and I have been helping you pursue my wife and that i have let you weave all the dreams while i was the part of your harsh reality all the freakin' time? Armaan is actually going to beat him up in the BB court. Not because he married Riddhima , because he fueled his forbidden dreams and made him feel like an elite fool. Siddhanth is being butchered because his goodness is being taken to levels of foolishness. While Sid should talk out things with Riddhima and ask her what she wants ,he is waiting for her to come out of glycerin bottles and take a stand. You want to send her to Armaan, right? Then ,do it. You want to know her decision , right? Ask her. Take  CONTROL of your life , man.Being in middle of nowhere is insanity and you can actually join Armaan in fool's paradise, Sid. There is a thin line between goodness and stupidity and the creatives have made sure that Sid crosses the line sooner than you can blink your eyes. Okay, Sid, now, you can buy whatever ham or chicken you like because it is still less butchered than your psychological state right now.

3. Riddhima at under the butcher's knife.

Looking at the track record of Riddhima and the shocking inconsistencies of this potentially poignant character , I can only say

Kisi bhi janam mohe Riddhima na keejo.

What is wrong with you woman? I know that you are a wee bit cuckoo in the head and your cuckoo-ness has driven both Armaan and Sid to limits of insanity ( what with Armaan proving his love all his life and Sid handling her hatred and proving his innocence all his life) .... but what you are doing right now is CRIMINAL. It is the worst kind of injustice against Armaan and it is the worst kind of emotional attyaachaar against your husband Siddhanth. Armaan has every right to know that Riddhima is married - he does not deserve such deceit. Instead of venting out venom at Armaan , catch hold of your grey matter and tell him that whatever he is doing is not right because you have married Siddhanth. Why should Armaan go through the suffering of feeling guilty of having hurt you when that is not the case in the first place? This is what i call butchering of the emotional flow when it is stretched to such and extent that you stop feeling sorry for the victim. And why the freaks should Sid be wiping her tears and giving reassuring words to her when she is not doing what is in her hands ? Why should Sid stand through Armaan and Riddhima's FE escapades when his wife doesn't have the guts to open her mouth? And what light does it show Riddhima in? Riddhima as in Riddhima Modi , a married woman when Armaan almost kisses her in innocence? People may not give two hoots about marriage but it is a pious institution and like every relationship, it has it' sanctity - so , what are the creatives trying to convey? That Riddhima is letting her lover live in fool's paradise and at the same time oscillating between her feelings and commitment towards her husband Sid? Ah,well, at this rate , we will need rocket science to understand the characters.

If Sid wouldn't have sent Armaan and met her in Pune and if she would have told him that she loves him and would have encountered Armaan after that, then,what would she have done? Gone hopping with Armaan and oscillating like a pendulum between the two men? I seriously wanted to butcher myself when she said that 'Ek taraf Armaan hai aur doosri taraf Siddhanth , main kya karoon?'....*Poco dies of brain hemorrhage*.... wake up woman!  Pick one man and just trot off so that the other man can live in peace.

Okay Mr. Butcher , you can put the knife on her now.

This post is not about SR/AR... it is about Armaan, Siddhanth and Riddhima, Right now, they are forming a classic example of how things go east-west-north-south when the characters go out of hand due to the horrid permutations and combination of your story graph. In a bid to pull in the ratings , take time to think, test your viewers, mark juvenile strategies to keep the audience at tenterhooks , you end up butchering what you have so laboriously built.

And once the characters and the story graph goes out of hand and the characters become synonymous with twisted multiple personality disorders , you can never build them back. Renovation is impossible. They try all angles , all combos , all situations and characters go round and round in circles and ultimately even if you get what you want , you feel cheated because the journey has been bitter and alien.

Love stories require deft and sensitive handling where you explore the deepest emotions of the character by removing the layers of his/her heart one-by-one , building a beautiful relationship through a properly marked out journey. Be it SR or AR , the couples are not about spine-tingling chemistry, nice good-looking picture frames , for how many years or how many months who has loved whom or getting married and having babies. NO. It is the journey that matters - a believable poignant journey where the character have stayed consistent and their story has been beautiful.

Sadly , DMG has no story , i mean come on, any educated person with even 2% neurons can tell that DMG ran on it's characters , cast and their tuning - it never had a consistent story graph except for a few water sprays here and there. Nothing much has changed because they make great tracks and ruin them. Rahul-Muskaan stay the worst example till date followed closely by Yuvi-Naina. But how do you blame the script department when scripts are butchered as per orders and stories tampered with almost every week. This is what happens in the business of emotions.

P.S- By the way, the current creative team has spoonfuls from ex-Balaji staff. Now, figure out what you have stored in coming weeks. I am suddenly getting nightmares of Kashish, Prerna, Anurag, Mihir,Tulsi, and all other packs of ham in the butchershop.

Please note -

Please keep your jhandaaz of AR forever and SR forever and whosoever-whenever out of my post and park your hatred BMWs in some other parking lot. We are supposed to keep the forum clean and we should be contributing to the saaf-safaai of the forum. It doesn't harm to be civilized and cultured looking at the kind of money our parents have spent on educating us. So, let's NOT BE JUVENILE.

Brilliant post!You explained everything so well.I think one point that needs to be understood is that DMG creatives never ever pay attention to the long run outcomes.That is one reason it could never retain the TRPs it gained.Once again it is succumbing to pressure of the audience.

Why a FE scene?Again...it was beautiful the first few times but why again?Is there any reason why Arman and Ridz always have to communicate when he is pining her to the wall?

Yes there is and that is it worked before.CVs do only things that they have seen succeed before-so we have rountine dances,same old bets,BB matches.All we now need is Arman to get injured.This will happen probably a few weeks after Ridz chooses Sid-come on what better way for Ridhima to understand her love for Arman-its only when he takes part in dangerous motorbike racing that her love surfaces.

I also saw that same old thing when RM bonded.They even confessed like Ar did.Abhi-Niki started out the same old-lets fight mantra.Then Yuvi-Naina,Sid-tam,sidma...and on goes the list.

My question is why do Cvs move around in circles?Why not take a chance-do something that is not expected,that shows some growth?

They cant show that-cuz they want to regress Dmg to where it stood 2 years ago-even though Ridz is married,Arman is a senior doctor and Sid is a part of this entire fiasco.

And I think this wouldnt end now-it had just begun.We will see Ridz flashbacks,BB matches yet again.And after AR get back together obviously we will see a repeat telecast of all the fights they ever had-cuz mentally CVs are still where they were 2 years ago.And ofcourse Sid gets someone-tamz(maybe) just like Abhi and Rahul had gotten their consolation prizes.

They can never do something new can they?It has to be what they have been doing!Yes DMG Trps have increased but as I see it Creatives havent been able to overcome what caused the downfall of Dmg in the first place so if they continue doing what they are doing-once again DMG will exit the TRP race.

I will say this -and I have learnt it well-unless there is a good storyline no serial no matter if it stars SRK can stick around.

So my request to CVs- DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE STORY BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY THAT IS WHAT GETS YOU TRPS.STOP THIS MEANINGLESS DRAGGING AND BUTCHERING
MelodiousDreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I don't even watch the show anymore, but I still do read your posts every so often, and this one is simply WONDERFUL. A wonderfully objective analysis of 3 extremely troubled characters.
Rush_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Very well put POCS!!! as alwaysπŸ‘πŸ‘
clars thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nits as usual your posts seem to be More interesting Than DMG .the cv's are to be blamed for this current state .everything seems to be going haywire now .

a simple solution just shut this show down