Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ktopden thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: rocky25

I think Javed akhtar looked jaded on the show and was ready to pick up a fight and ended up hurting Shaan and his team!

Me thinks javed akhtar has really lost it!😍

tata,
rocky25😃

to be honest and its my opinion and not  afact, i dont like javed akhar at all as a person.

his talent is writing lyrics and nothing much. the reason why many knows him now is cos he is out always  infront of cameras, fuctions and events .

lyricist SAMEER has given more hit lyrics then javed akhtar. SAMEERhas given countless hit lyrics all the way from ASHIQQUE, DIL HEKE MANTA NAHIN, SAAJAN with nadeem shravan and  many countless hits with Himesh.  SAMEER has worked with  top music directors.

so SAMEER even though being the greatest all time lyricist is not arrogant, doesn't go infront of camera but always shows his talent through writing hit lyrics.

JAVED is a decent lyrics but other than that he is nothing, arrogant and infront of cameras  everytime to make himself look as if he is a music director, singer, actor, director and producer and everything.

that's my opinion and i think i am right!!!!!!!!

i dont mean to upset fan of JAVED.
-swati- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Did not like the judging yesterday..the final medley score looked ok to me...I mean others giving shaan 10 was also not right...and javed's 5 was also not right...but I  sort of agree with the final score...
But I think overall it is not right to call javed  akhtar such names..
He is well known in this industry..for the sake of a musical reality show we are criticizing such big names in the music industry is also not right
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Javed Saab is a versatile person in terms of talent. You can not compare him with anyone else.

He is not arrogant, he conveys his point with a very disciplinarian tone which he should have, because he has justified opinions. He has seen the industry grow, he has played such a vital role, not just as a lyricist. He is a music critic and he has been in this field for quite a long while.

So, we cannot say that he does not know about music is. and Frankly, he is such an experienced man that we should not even dare to say a word against his decision, he has been fair all his life, i have seen him judging singers, he is absolutely correct in all the decision he takes while judging. The only fact is that people have forgotten how to respect such great legends. which is a very sad fact. Have faith and respect in those who are well-versed in their fields. Thanks.
navaneeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: ktopden

His son is in his line .... Producer, director, singer, actor .....

Somehow I liked Farhan A though for his jovial nature but after yesterday ... I'm thinking Farhan as Javed's son and all liking going away .... 😭

Someone asked howmuch point he would have given to 'Mere Laundry Ka Ek Bill' song ... well you know the answer .... 10 out of 10 .... bcoz he was pure partial ... agree he gave low marks to Neeti and Neet/ Rahul's duet, but he gave Sharib more marks (telling Shadab copied Sukhi) .... he was counting Shaan marks and taunted Shaan for leading with 1 marks ... His closeness with Shankar made him did all this ... being a old person .. writing some good song does not make a person good from heart .... his recent tiff with Aamir was also a broadcast of that ....

Well .. who-ever likes him likes him .... I lost all the respect from this person.

mumbai80 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: somone999

I am shocked and amazed to see people condemning the great Javed Saab in such bad words. shows out a lot of things to me about things. well done people, you all are great than him, outstanding. 👏

Whatever Javed Saab said is valid for me and i do not consider myself even a little bit great to say anything against his decision. because he is one of the most learned, experienced person in the industry. I have great respect for Javed Saab and his critical outlook on the things definitely made me appreciate him more.

It was definitely right to have a critical analyser among this jury.
Because You know in American Idol people always boo Simon Cowell because he is too critical about the performances. But eventually, everyone waits for his comment only and people prefer to listen just to his judgement instead of the other jury members. WHY? because they know that he is fair in his comments and analysis. He will be valid and will bring out points for his justification.

Anyways, Javed Saab is so above all the people in terms of his experience in music judging. He is not just a Lyricist, he is a music critic as well. Please have some respect for the legends of your country. Thanks.

You are right everybody waits for Simon Cowell's comments because he is "FAIR"....make a note the keyword is fair. Javed Akhtar was not being fair and we all know that...because even though we may not be experts on the technicalities of singing one knows good music...Javed Akhtar was extremely harsh in his criticism and he needs to get his act together because nobody will want him as a judge anymore.....I for one have lost complete respect for him...and mind you I"ve been a great fan of his writing and having met him personally a few times.
Edited by mumbai80 - 14 years ago
mumbai80 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: swati_mjht

Did not like the judging yesterday..the final medley score looked ok to me...I mean others giving shaan 10 was also not right...and javed's 5 was also not right...but I  sort of agree with the final score...
But I think overall it is not right to call javed  akhtar such names..
He is well known in this industry..for the sake of a musical reality show we are criticizing such big names in the music industry is also not right

All the more reason a person with Javed's experience should behave with some amount of fairness. When a person who has been in the industry for so many years behaves with such little grace then he deserves to be called such names. He is a human being and not God and if he behaves with so much arrogance then he should be put in his place and we the audience have the right to point it out.
navaneeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: mumbai80

All the more reason a person with Javed's experience should behave with some amount of fairness. When a person who has been in the industry for so many years behaves with such little grace then he deserves to be called such names. He is a human being and not God and if he behaves with so much arrogance then he should be put in his place and we the audience have the right to point it out.

Why people called him ONLY in names why not other juries? are all others non-musicians ??? no it's the other way round .... he was the odd man out .. who has no lena dena with MUSIC (he writes song) .... he is a writer .... he may be in the Industry for how long god knows ... but he always does this ... his attitude now a days known very much ... he thinks himself as god and he understands most of music than music directors/ singers ....

Anyone knows how much music knowledge he has ????
sonia65 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: navaneeta

Why people called him ONLY in names why not other juries? are all others non-musicians ??? no it's the other way round .... he was the odd man out .. who has no lena dena with MUSIC (he writes song) .... he is a writer .... he may be in the Industry for how long god knows ... but he always does this ... his attitude now a days known very much ... he thinks himself as god and he understands most of music than music directors/ singers ....

Anyone knows how much music knowledge he has ????

hey, how much did rahul-neeti get in their duet....deff they were not better than anu-debo...how much did javed uncle give them?????????????🥱
-swati- thumbnail

Originally posted by: mumbai80

javed was critical about everyone's performance yesterday..so he was harsh to everyone..
so why make a big deal about the medley..
Frankly shaan's medley was definitely not as good as always..My POV..
5 might be less but others giving 10 was also not right..so I think overall the score looked ok..even shaan himself felt that he would get around 42...
navaneeta thumbnail
I liked Shaan's medly .. somehow it was a very unique concept ....

People growing up in slum/ road and then one gets seperated and then becomes DON and the rest of his road friends bring him back to normal life with love .... it's such a sweet concept portrayed in filmy way .....

And for song selection ...

- Behti hawa sa tha wo .... easy song !!!!!!!!
- Bhole O Bhole ... really great sung by Harshit (Jatin even commented that)
Rest songs were all situational and a sweet story portrayed in filmy Ishtyle ....

I found that great ... other 4 juries found that great .... so many people and the entire audience found that great (download the video and listen to the huge Once More Once More from audience) ....

It's only Javed A who found it worth 5 ..... he calculated marks .... made a great 5 marks diff so that his close friend Shankar wins ....

Shaan's medly had a social message .... sweet story and filmy ishtyle presentation ... wonderful one.

Well some comment on Shankar's medly (I watched it again for comment) ....

Started with

- Desh ki dharti .. more of a partriotic song ... then khushi ke din awo re .. so what was the initial dukh and why khushi ???? maybe only Javed A knew ....

- Then Rahul with a bit smile on his face told ab mere pass ek-hi option hein and started Jala Do (Guru Dutt movie song no link to kisaan) ... no one knew why he is commiting suicide .. he does not have money? got TB/ Brain Cancer/ Biwi bhag gaya .... no clue ... but Javed A cried .... dono ki biwi ek saat bhagi thi

- Then suddenly no Lagan no Lagan ... and then Ghana Ghana ... well a song from MOVIE Lagaan but that has nothing to do with Lagaan, that was more of a song to call rain so that they get Fasal ... so Rahul was suiciding because of Laggan/ Rain/ Health/ Biwi ????

- Then end ...

What they wanted to say ???? only Javed A knew .... I have to little brain to understand Shaan's meldy concept .... and Janta was also thinking ... so no Once more after that .....

Hey ... great