Poll Choice
Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Shankar Mahadevan

Song:
Breathless
https://www.fullsongs.net/listen.php?name=breathless-shankar_mahadevan.mp3&url=t62XabuWw8iblM9kmtChv9KkvaiZho_ZsJd9ppjOnaiRhLi2xZV86mFIQbXHsn_MrKiDuMTYh567s7rhp52DsKCussW9h2aoup_Cq7SrkNCrnsVsZG2c2pGmicmhy6TauZ6Q0byp1n2pfXeKot2Pl5RkmdaVwJPBraKrvqG2NWpiiJW7k8W-x6yimeWAeqyfoOiSeoSJjNC9qsiai3rEwcWYi72tzqiv10doc7C9k7OkqqLBqLigo4-vtrjQpIukj6uo0LrRdqaCzq-op6nLtq68oKxMbTHNsrw

Btw, just in case that link doesn't work because it's so long, go here

and click the play button above "Download Now"

Please rate his performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Shankar
  • You are NOT rating how much you like his singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well he sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1348110

Feel free to discuss his rating for this performance!

Edited by risingabove - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And for this, the song selector wanted me to let the audience know that he did indeed sing the whole thing at once!
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wow

👏👏👏

This performance has left me breathless....and speechless...

Just listening to it, and realizing the difficulty presented throughout the song, you seriously have trouble breathing.

I'm still having trouble breathing and am short of words right now. Nothing needs to be said here anyways.

Rating: 10/10

This is why Shankar Mahadevan is a legend!

👏
nithyak thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
A 100? 😳

A perfect 10 from me.
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow.. you have laid the best of best here of Shankar ji!
I must commend that this is the one thing that no other singer can do.. Sing Breathlessly for more than 2 minutes.. so would like to give a huge applaud to Shankarji for this song 👏
"Khawab Jo Tootay Mere.." line is beautifully sung by Shankarji..
All the words are clearly pronounced, the little classical elements inserted in between the song, is again an amazing rendition..However, the drawback is that the song does not activate your feelings, a smooth rhythmical song would have had a greater impact..
the singers remaining here in this competition, all are just amazing, you can judge just the expression now, the singing is flawless.. so i am keeping that in my mind.. In the previous round, had given 10 on 10 because of the outstanding singing combined with the heart-felt feelings which the song "Taaray Zameen Per" generates..
So, i am cutting the marks on that point.. otherwise, this song has always amazed me because of its breathless singing.. so my points are 9 out of 10.. would have loved to give a 10 on 10 but have to follow the rules which i have set for myself as judge..

esseesse thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is one song that is UNLIKE ANY OTHER, one of  kind.

10/10.👏
rahul_02006 thumbnail
Shankar said in an interview that he took breaths in between but art is to hide it i guess.  btw following is video  of Shankar singing breathless live actually faster in the first half  and  much faster in the second :) Just great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwdV0QZOZp4
Edited by rahul_02006 - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Interesting composition not much of singing, more acrobatics.

ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Interesting composition not much of singing, more acrobatics.

Booooooooooo

As the person above said, it's not acrobatics, but it's s singing technique to sing continuously and hide your breathing while singing. Thus, it is all singing. Singing in a style no one else can match.

This is a legendary performance unlike any other ever seen. It deserves past all 10s.
Edited by ssk13809 - 14 years ago
brahmabul thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Oh common! This was was not recorded in single breath. Even I remember one of Shankar ji's interview on a TV chat show. Host was Roshan Abbas. I am really disappointed here that this song is getting so many tens. Shankar ji is no doubt a great singer but he is also a human. Can you imagine any human singing non stop for around 4 minutes.Edited by brahmabul - 14 years ago