cont soon

SA
hooman thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
hey ranju,

just read part b and c..
they were really mindblowing!!

I hope you continue to add more stories..
and can we have a happy ending this time :-(

nadia
smashy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

u gave the best definition of sacrifice and love. it was written beautifully. hope this lambi judaai ends soon..

Indian_Goddess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Read all three stories and they were fabulous! Absolutely wonderful and very well written. You did a great job in conveying each story. They were really beautiful and you depicted JB's eternal love very well. Hope you write more stories! 😃
RANJANA_RRJ thumbnail
Hey guys,

Well I just wanted to tell you that I really do appreciate all the comments and appreciating on the FF/SS i wrote. I completely makes my day!
I also wanted to warn all of you that I am just on a very busy schedule right now so it might take a week or two before I update the stories again. I will be around as much as I can to appreciate the other stories!

Love,
Ranjana
Rockyy_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Ranjana, see you real soon and don't work too hard ok.😉

Take care.
smashy thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hi....plz update....its a wonderful story!
jeenal20 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
hey renu..
dont stress urself soo much..
take it easy girl...

Edited by jeenal20 - 13 years ago
RANJANA_RRJ thumbnail

Hey Guys,
I got some time to write during my holiday. I hope you will like it though I am not entirely satisfied wih the part,

Love,
R

p.s. ignore mistakes please...places are fictive and all the other bla bla I must have rattled off already in other updates

part D

-15th century India (present Rajasthan)

Toote zamaane tere haath nigode, haath nigode
Dil se dilon ke tune sheeshe tode, sheeshe tode

While a large part of North India was ruled by foreign invaders, Rajasthan consisted out of several kingdom, mostly trying to live in peace with each other. The group of slaves who had come first (Mamluks), then the group led by the faithless kings (Khilji), the ones who couldnt even protect their town (Tuglaq) and the current men (Sayyids) thought twice about attacking a kingdom in Rajasthan when they heard the stories of other attackers and the tales of the valour and bravery of the Rajasthani soldiers.
Between the several kingdoms, a small but flourishing kingdom Samarkhand was situated at the border that separated Rajasthan from the rest of India. It just had one city and some surrounding land, but traders who wanted to sell their goods in Rajasthan preferred to pass through Samarkhand because of the thick and protecting city walls, the wealth of the inhabitants of Samarkhand and the lenient policy of King Vijayapratap towards foreigners which secured foreigners of their lives as long as they were abiding the rules of the city. The foreigners were pleased with the king. But the kings own subjectwell

There were groups of people in King Vijayaprataps kingdom. The group of subjects that loved him and outnumbered the group of people that hated him and saw him as a weak and unfit ruler. Not because like most rulers he levied unnecessary taxes on his subjects, or because his subjects went hungry or because they were unhappy under his rule, but only because under the rule of King Vijayapratap the country had not seen a, or participated in any war. He preferred to have treaties with neighbouring kingdoms and befriend other kings than draw his sword and fight them, what was the normal policy for rulers. Amongst the kings who married again and again to strengthen bonds with other rulers, Maharaj Vijayapratap had vowed to stay true to only one women. He was married to Maharani Chandravati at the young age of ten. She was eight at the time and they literary grew up together. Staying married to one woman, as per his opponents, was another sign of a weak and unfit ruler. But his followers loved him and explained his patience and loyalty, his lack of thirst of blood and war as saint like qualities and referred the qualities that made him a good ruler: Persistence, justice, equality and authority. But for the first time in the Vijayaprataps life he was about the break a vow he made.

At the age of 41 he got married for the second time, to prevent  a war. A mistake made by his wifes brother, who refused to own up to his mistakes, when he had  angered the neighbouring king. In an attempt to convince him of his loyalty and good intentions Vijayapratap saw no other option than taking the young princess as his second wife.

Princess Gayatridevi of Madhavgarh, no queen Gayatridevi of Samarkhand shrunk under the large veil as she heard footsteps echo through the hall. She lowered her eyes trying to block out the earthen lamps and sea of flowers around her. But the nauseating scent of the incense sticks and the enormous weight of her wedding outfit and her jewellery kept reminding her that she was married now to a man she had only heard of and that this was her wedding night. Someone opened the imposingly large doors, probably the servants. Gayatridevis heart jumped with every step she heard until the sound stopped  when feet stopped in front of the huge bed she was seated on. She closed her eyes even tighter out of fear of having to do something she was not ready for, but she knew that if her husband would choose to touch her and do everything her mother told her men wanted from women, like her father who had married four other women and kept several others in the palace, Gayatri would not be able to stop him. King Vijayapratap was her lord and master from this day forward, even if he turned out to be an old and villainous beast like her father,  and she would have to live according to his wishes, like her mother had done and was still doing.

Gayatri took a couple of deep breaths waiting for the Kings weight on the bedbut to her surprise the mattress never dipped. Her eyes flew open and through the red veil she quickly looked around to see only a figure leaning against the window. Wondering what to do, Gayatri managed to climb of the bed held back by the weight of her jewellery. With small and tentative steps she walked towards the figure standing in front of the window. It seemed like eternity passed by before she was there, but still the passage of time was too less to calm her nerves. She knelt down on the floor next to the king and stayed there.

"Oh, no. Dont, please. The king tried to help her up. You shouldnt  touch my feet." She heard a gruff male voice speak to her.
"But you are my husband. My lord.:
He huffed. I am not God, and I wont be a good husband to you either I am afraid.
For the first time she looked up at her husband through  the netted fabric of her veil and she didnt find a monster. When she strained her neck to look up to the tall man she found a man dressed like a king and looking every bit like a prince from a story she had heard from her mother. Even though he was older than her by 23 years, he looked almost half his age. The thick mass of black hair on his head was messed up by the wind blowing through the window. His face was smooth and chiselled with a few lines around his eyes. Lines that would get deeper when he would laugh, but right now his onyx eyes were filled with sorrow as he looked at her.
" I have done injustice to you my Queen and I am ready to take any from of punishment you will mete out to  me."
Gayatri took an end of her veil when she sensed that something would come up that would change her life yet again. The umpteenth time in the last too weeks since she heard about her wedding.

"It is not my place to punish my Lord and the Maharaj of Samarkhand." Gayatri answered softly as she looked down at the floor.
"Its not your lord who is asking for forgiveness, nor is the Maharaj of Samarkhand asking for forgiveness. It is the man who married you, brought you here as his wife, but will not be able to be a good husband to you." The king turned around and walked towards the edge of the bed.
"I am married already Rani Gayatridevi. I had vowed not to take another wife. I had seen what that did to my mother. She couldnt stand the women in my fathers life and eventually took her own. I would never wish to do that to another woman."
Gayatri turned towards him amazed at the things she had just heard. Wasnt it her mother who had said that it was a kings prerogative to keep and marry women as much as they wanted or felt  they needed? Wasnt that what her father did, without any regards to the feelings of the women he had married or was about to marry?
"You are a king, Maharaj. Isnt that your right?:
"With rights come duties Rani. And is dont think I am the right man to be able to be fair to all the women I am expected to marry. See, I am already doing injustice to you. But I cant help it. I had vowed to stay true to only one woman. I hope you will understand Rani. Inside this palace and outside the palace you are Rani Gayatridevi of Samarkhand, but I can never take you as my queen. It wouldnt be fair. I can only say that you are free to do as you want inside and outside the palace. You have all the  freedom. I can only hope that you will keep the prestige and honour of the palace and the kingdom in tact. I have no right to make any demands to you Rani Gayatridevi, but should you need anything, please know that I will be there for you. I hope you will be able to forgive me."  The king folded his hands in front of her and was about to walk out to the room with long strides when he heard her soft voice again.

"You must love the elder queen a lot. " Vijayapratap stood still in his tracks as he heard her question but he didnt answer it. He just turned around and smiled as the person still clad in the heavy finery before he walked out.  Rani Gayatridevi of Samarkhand, formerly the Rajkumari of Madhavgarh didnt know whether to be relieved at the behaviour of the king or feel rejected by her husband. Her exhaustion on the other hand, had made the decision quite clear for her. As soon as she removed the veil from her head and laid down on the bed, her eyes closed and she fell asleep. The soft tingle of the heavy curtains being opened woke her up the next morning. A demure and afraid looking girl was standing next tot Gayatris bed.

"The Maharani of Samarkhand has requested for your presence Raniji."
Gayatri rubbed her eyes. Just like the night before her heart started beating faster and faster. She quickly got out of bed and was led to the room next to hers. A bath had been prepared for her. Even though she was a queen now, there were no servants to help her and the girl who woke her up had quickly disappeared. Gayatri was used to do all her things by herself. As the much despised oldest daughter of a king she had luxuries but very little companions. All the attention was given to the her younger half-brothers and their mothers. Her own mother, even though she was the eldest queen and the Maharani, had nothing to say in the palace and was often ridiculed for giving birth to just a daughter.

Gayatri quickly had a bath and got dressed. She made a long plait of her heavy black hair and wore half of the jewellery she wore yesterday. Even then her neck was covered entirely. Her father gave her these items as a reflection of his own wealth to make sure his prestige would not suffer.
Gayatri took the small trunk filled with gifts for the elder queen and dragged it out of the room until some servants saw her struggling and rushed towards her. Gayatri quickly covered her face again.

"I need to see the elder queen." She said softly and was led to another part of the palace. The rooms got bigger and bigger as she finally reached a place where loud voices and music came out of the room. She stood still until a servant of the elder queen announced her presence. A silence came out of the room making Gayatri even more nervous than she was. Taking a deep breath she entered the room and through the thing colourful veil covering her face she saw a beautiful woman with sharp featured dressed in the most exquisite fabrics, seated a bit higher on the floor than the rest of the women. She was clearly the centre of attention as fragrant fumes were directed towards her to perfume her hair and her clothes. Gayatri didnt want to be rude towards the woman whos husband she practically stole, so she walked towards her and kneeled down in front of her after she folded her hands. No one helped her up and she didnt get permission to stand up either.  She lifted her upper body but kept her head lowered as she felt the eyes of all the women pierce her like needles.

"Please accept my greetings Maharani Chandravati." Gayatri spoke softly.
"shouldnt you address me as your elder sister?"  a shrill voice asked. It took a while before Gayatri realised that the voice belonged to the Maharani. It contrasted sharply with her graceful beauty.
"Only if you bless me and accept me as your younger sister Maharani." Gayatri spoke gracefully. Her head was still staring at the beautiful floor, even when she heard the rustle of fabrics and her curiosity demanded that she would look up to see who moved. Gayatri suddenly felt a rough hand tilting her face upwards. Her veil was removed and she stared frightfully at beautiful but cold brown eyes.
"You wouldnt need my blessings.  I would think you got enough from my husband last night."
Someone sniggered behind Gayatri. "The king spent the night in his own quarters Maharani."
Laughter erupted from the women gathered around the two queens. The most heartiest laughter came from the elder queen herself.

"Bored by you already isnt he? I thought it would take much longer."  Long nails dug in Gayatris cheeks and tears were pleading to escape her eyes. With a lot of self-control Gayatri composed herself and clenched her teeth in an attempt not to cry. With a harsh push the Maharani released Gayatri from her grip and walked towards the trunk the servants had carried in and opened for the Maharani. The Maharani nodded towards the servants who grabbed at the expensive clothing and emerald jewellery to show it to her. The servants sighed as they saw the expensive gifts,, but the maharani looked unimpressed towards Gayatri.

"Do you honestly think I will wear these rags?"with another nod directed towards the servants they started tearing the beautiful clothes and embroided fabrics and threw it out of the large palace windows. The jewellery was kept in the trunk though and Gayatri was made to stand up. Two women pulled her veil from her body leaving gayatri stand there in only her blouse and skirt. Gayatri quickly concealed her body with her hands while she was turned around and her back was revealed when the first two strings, that held her blouse together, were opened.
"Seems like Maharaj really did not have any interest in her. A new bride without any scars given by her husband. He must really find her repulsive. "An unfamiliar voice sneered behind her.

Gayatri turned around and glared at the servant who just had dared to open her mouth. Hot tears of anger burst from eyes when the Elder queen shouted at her to lower her gaze. Gayatri defied the order. She might not be accepted by the queen and her entourage as the wife of the king but she was still the Princess of Madhavgargh and not even her father could take away that status from her even though he might have wanted to. No servant had the right to talk to her like that.
The elder queen noticed the defiant glare in Gayatris eyes.
Get out of my room. She ordered to Gayatri. Gayatri picked up her veil and covered herself first before she greeted the Queen and walked out of the room. Once out of the room the soft pace turned into larger steps and Gayatri ran to her own private quarters where she poured out her humiliation in tears.

Maharaj Vijayapratap had just finished holding court, his daily practice where all the citizens or their representative could meet him personally and discuss their issues with him. He was about to have his lunch when he heard from one of his trusted servants what had transpired in the room of the elder Queen. Once again she had crossed all the lines of decency. Forgetting his food and his hard earned fifteen minutes of rest he walked towards the other end of the palace towards Gayatris room and requested an audience while he waited outside.
It was Gayatridevi herself who came out of the room to receive him as she touched his feet. She held the curtain aside as he stepped into her room.
I" have come to apologise my queen."
The thought had probably shocked her so much that she lifted her veil to look at him directly." Apologise, for what Maharaj?"
It was then that Maharaj Vijayapratpa realised that he had never seen Gayatris  face before. It was girlishly round with soft cheeks, plump and pink lips and a funny upturned nose. Her eyes were black and looked innocently at him.

" I heard what happened in the Maharani Chandravatis chambers. It is unacceptable."
"You shouldnt apologise for that Maharaj. It doesnt befit you, or me. She is the Maharani of  Samarkhand."
"But she does not have the right to treat you like that. No one should treat you like that no matter who it is. Whether it is the Maharani of Samarkhand or me. Once again, I apologise. It will not be repeated again."
Gayatri nodded slightly and smiled at him. "Thank you. "Gayatri stood awkwardly in front of her husband.
 ' Can I offer you something to eat, or to drink maharaj?"
"No thank you." he smiled at her. The lines she had seen around his eyes yesterday deepened as expected as he laughed.
"I will make sure incidents like the one happened today shall not be repeated Rani. I will take your leave now."
"Could I make a request?"  Gayatri asked carefully.
"Please, do so".
"Please dont be harsh on the Maharani. Thinking about it, her reaction was quite natural. I maybe would act like that too if the man I loved would marry someone else."
"only if you would love that man." Vijayapratap muttered under his breath. He nodded softly towards Gayatri, left the room and briskly walked towards the other end of the palace. He didnt even wait for permission to enter her private chambers. As soon as he entered the hoards of maids hurried nervously out of the room after hastily greeting the furious king. Chandravati stood up from her place and seductively walked towards the King. Vijayapratap slapped her hand from his cheek.
"Do not repeat your performance ever again Chandra! Do not make me let you move out of the palace! "he threatened her.
"Vijaya!:  she shouted." I am the Maharani of Samarkhand." She said haughtily.
"Only as long as I declare you to be. As soon as I explain to the counsel that someone who had an affair with my former Prime-minister who tried to kill me and make a pact with my enemies cant possibly be a worthy queen, you will be removed from the palace. Not to mention your brother who stole from the treasure chest meant for the people, which probably went to you too, and the minister who was so influenced by someone that he chose to throw himself of the roof as soon as his treachery was discovered.  Do not forget that I had to marry Gayatridevi because you and your brother wanted to gain control over Samarkhand and Madhavgarh and made a pact with our common foes. This was the only way I could convince the king of my good intentions."
"So you conveniently forgot about the vow you made." The maharani sneered. "you vowed to stay true to one woman."

"Only because I would not be able to see you go through the misery my mother went through. Whatever happened between us, we grew up together. We were friends before we became husband and wife. I made that vow out of respect of the relationship we shared once. I just dont understand what happed afterwards that you became so power-hungry."
"Very nice words all other Maharaj, but they are of no use. "The Maharani laughed.
"They must seem empty to a woman like you, but remember I will not tolerate any mistreatment directed to Rani Gayatridevi of Samarkhan. "The King spoke strictly.
"She is my wife and you will treat her as such!"

Gayatri smiled when she read her husbands answer to her request. He had been right  the first night. She was free to do what she wanted in this palace. Even learn music and dance "something her father was dead against. Probably because it was under the pretext of cultural activities like singing and dancing he visited courtesans. But Gayatri was sure he wouldnt be able to distinguish one note from the other. She got the permission from her husband though, but only with the promise that every now and again she would play for him too. Thus, every day for a few hours the soft tunes of the sitar came out of her chambers. After weeks of practice the Maharaj had found a few minutes and was eagerly waiting for her to play. She had calmed her nerves when she sat in front of him and let her fingers wander over the strings for several minutes.

"I am afraid it isnt very good Maharaj.:  She spoke embarrassed at the end of her solo performance when he sat unmoved on one of the cushions.
"On the contrary" The maharaj spoke after a deep sigh." I loved it. I wish I could do that too."
"Then why dont you, Maharaj?"
"Too busy I am afraid." He said as he looked around in her room. He saw some scrolls scattered on a low table next to him and picked it up.
You are reading about politics?""
Gayatri nodded and hid her face partly with the edge of the veil.
"Why?"
"shouldnt I Maharaj?  I am sorry." She apologised fearfully, afraid that she might do or say something that would upset him to take away the favours she got, for she knew all to well that these favours were not normally granted to everyone. Even her father did not grant her these favours.
Vijayapratap looked at the dejected face and felt this unfamiliar sympathy for the young girl.
"I didnt mean it like that. You are a queen of course you should know about politics and about foreign cultures." He said as he picked up another scroll and read the caption.
"Have you read about Samrath Asoka? "he asked her. Gayatri nodded vehemently.
" I loved reading about what he did after the war." She smiled.
Gayatri looked thoughtfully. 'I did not read the part about the war though Maharaj. she explained. I dont like wars'
'Samrath Asoka is someone I admire.' Vijayapratap explained. 'The way he turned his empire after he realized what had happened.  Sometimes it feels like I have seen those horrors, like I knew him.' The king mumbled softly. Even the queen was somewhere else with her thoughts.

'What are those strips around your wrists?' 
Gayatri just smiled, not wanting to reveal what she was supposed to keep from everyones eyes according to the people who told her repeatedly that her scars are ugly. Vijayapratap took one wrist and removed a colourful silk strip to reveal a healed scar. He quickly too the other strip off of her hand and saw another healed scar.
"How did you get this?"
"I dont know Maharaj.  I was born with this." Gayatri explained." It is hideous, I know." She said as she tried to take her arms out of his grip. He didnt let go but inspected the scars carefully and touched it lightly with the pad of his thumb.
"It shouldnt have happened."  He mumbled.
"But it did and you couldnt stop it. it had to happen Jai. " She whispered.

A servant asked for permission to enter when both of them, startled, suddenly seemed to wake up from a daydream they couldnt remember. 
"Maharaj, Mahindrasingh has asked for permission to meet you."
"What did he want?" Vijayapratap asked, annoyed whenever his brother-in-law showed up there was trouble brewing.
"I dont know Maharaj, he wouldnt tell. "
"Please proceed, I will arrive shortly.""
The servant left and the King took leave from the Queen.

"I hope there hasnt been any repeat incidences of Maharani Chandravatis insolence? " he asked before he left. Gaytri looked at the floor. Not at all Maharaj
"You are very bad at lying Rani Gayatri." He chuckled as he left to meet his unwanted guest.

Gayatri looked at the sun outside the window. A maid came to lay out the food the King would have in just a few minutes. She sat next to the spread meal and covered it with a cloth to prevent insects sitting on the food dishes. She softly touched the sitar perched up against the wall and wondered how an instrument could bring people closer.
King Vijayapratap visited her more often as she learned more and more to play on the sitar. It just didnt stay at listen to her playing the sitar. He would discuss all the things she had read and had even appointed a teacher to help her understand the scriptures she read. She was pleasantly surprised to be encouraged like this and enjoyed the company in the, otherwise, quiet room where they discussed their interests, whether they were similar or not, and their fascination for the rain.  The servants stayed away from her, afraid to anger the elder Queen, but it didnt matter to Gayatri. She loved the friendly company of the king and waited everyday for the few minutes where she would be able to share her interests with him and find something to think about when he talked. Until she realised that the only free moment the King got to visit her and listen to her music was when he would forgo his lunch. So Gayatri decided to serve lunch in her chambers from that day forward.  It earned her the admiration and affection of the king for he smiled more to her every since.

Word travelled fast in the palace, just like word got to her about the strained relationship between the Maharaj and the Maharani and the Maharanis liaisons. Gayatri was subjected to more sneers and underhand methods to humiliate her by the Elder Queen. Of course out of the sight of the King. And Gayatri didnt want to tell the king about the treatment she received. She liked to see him smile for the few minutes he rested in a day.

The King came later than normal today and Gayatri hurriedly uncovered the dishes which were pre-tasted by a servant.
Gayatri looked at the King as he played with his food staring out of the window.
"Is everything all right Maharaj?" Gayatri broke the stretching silence.
"Oh, yes"". Vijayapratap quickly took a bite of the food.
"You look troubled."
"Its nothing. " He sighed deeply. "There are reports of foreigners plundering other states."
Gayatri gasped." States around Samarkhand and Madhavgarh?"

"Not yet, luckily. But they might turn their eyes here. The traders and wealthy merchants in Samarkhand make this state a desirable target."
"We can always fight if necessary." Gayatri said. But until it hasnt come that far we could strengthen the city walls and assure the people that they are safe and you will do the utmost to protect them.
The King nodded.  "you are right. Even if nothing happens the feeling of security is what matters the most."
"people who fear can do strange things Maharaj."
He nodded as Gayatri spoke. "You would make a good minister you know."

Gayatri nodded shyly and lit a fragrant incense stick. Vijayapratap looked at her actions, mesmerized, and stared at the fire. It took Gayatri a few attempts to break his chain of thoughts and draw his attention from the flame in front of him.  She extinguished the flame waving it with her hand when she felt a hand enclose around her wrist. The silk straps she had tied around her wrist again were tugged away.
"You shouldnt hide these scars Gayatri. Are you ashamed of them?"
"No." gayarti mumbled. "But my parents hated them. Like I did something wrong. I dont know why, but these scars make me feel like there is something I dont know. " She said as she looked at the pale lines over the wrist. "And my father didnt like that. He hated to see me think about something else while he was in the room. That is why he ordered me to hide these lines Maharaj."  She mumbled incoherently as if she had to relive the experience of being ordered for something she couldnt help, all over.
A calloused thumb ran over her wrist making the sensitive skin tingle. She had lowered her eyes already but the sudden attention showered on her made gayatri want to look up and see her husbands expression. She just didnt dare to, afraid that he would stop what he was doing. It felt nice, right. It felt like he finally noticed her and she came alive. Strange when Gayatri had not realized before that she wanted to be noticed by him. The large hand left her wrist and slowly travelled towards her chin. It was an invitation to look up towards him and she did. She stared in memorizing black eyes. Eyes that caressed her face softly. Eyes she had seen beforea long time ago.somewhere she couldnt remember. She closed her eyes waiting for what was going to happen, but kept waiting as the king dropped his hand suddenly.
"Im sorry". He mumbled as he looked shocked at his own actions. What was happening to him? Maharaj Vijayapratap was breaking his vow. He was about to share something with this young girl what he, until a few years ago, had only shared with the Maharani. Was he that weak? Or were this girls innocence and concern towards him that strong? He had tried very hard to maintain a distance, buthe was draw to her more and more as each day passed. Yet what he was about to do right now.

Gayatri tried not to feel rejected. She smiled at the king and took a morsel of food in her hand which she fed him lovingly. She sensed the hesitation from his side, but it didnt matter to her. She knew that the King wasnt her Lord and Master. He was her husband and her companion and she had the right to do this.

Maharaj, there is an emergency at the border. A servant hastily entered the room and stopped when he saw the couple seated on the floor. in minutes his eager attitude changed to remorse and regret and he fell on his knees.
 I apologise maharaj. My apologies Rani. I didnt mean to interrupt. The poor man begged in a shaken voice.
 Vijayapratap looked at Gayatri waiting for her to act. The servant barged in her room after all. She took both of them by surprise when she stood up, as elegantly as ever,  and asked the man worriedly What happened at the border? ignoring the intrusion in her private chambers.
She didnt realize that both the men looked at her with surprised looks as they compared her reaction to the reaction of the elder queen. She would have demanded a punishment for sure.
fifteen men supposedly have crossed the border and are troubling the citizens there. They are extremely violent and we have reason to believe that they are sent by someone.
Prepare 30 soldiers. I will leave with them as soon as possible. We will be there tomorrow at the earliest.
The servant bowed humbly as the king looked at his young wife.
I will leave immediately. It is a small problem but I want to know who sent the men.
She nodded and saw him go away, knowing that she would miss him for the short period he would be away.

No one had announced a visitor that night and it was surprising to see a black shadow in her private chambers when she opened her eyes. Gayatri rubbed her eyes to remove the last remnants of sleep as she blinked and looked around.
Maharaj? She mumbled softly. Who else would come to her chambers this late in the night. Have you returned maharaj?
no one answered her question. Gayatri removed the curtains around the bed that protected her from insects in the night and stepped of the bed. Abruptly she was pulled to a corner, turned with her back against the wall as someone roughly ripped her clothes. Panic filled in every fibre of her being and she screamed as loud as possible.  A large hand connected with her cheek slapping the breath out of her lungs for a moment. The person standing in front of her took advantage of this moment as pushed her on the bed and used his entire weight to straddle her hips and pin her down on the bed to control her. Gayatri screamed again as the hand wandered over her body, pinching, pulling and attacking her skin.  One hand covered her mouth as the other hand disrobed her. No matter how hard she tried to kick, slap or bite, it didnt bother the man. Tears slipped down her cheek. tears of pain, frustration, fear
The man lowered his head towards her face. Gayatri turned her face sideways desperately. The man above her laughed darkly at her and used his let to hitch up her skirt when the door opened. Gayatri felt another slap in her face and moments later the man was pulled off her. After the quick clatter of a few footsteps the room was brightly lit with a  torched carried by the servant who entered at the very last. The brightness revealed the angered and shocked face of the Maharaj of Samarkhand, holding queen Chandravatis brother by his clothes.
Call the guards!  he ordered as he looked disgusted at the men he was holding.
In the clear light of the torch Gayatri looked at the state she was in and let out a soft whimper. She had nail marks on her shoulder. her clothes were ripped and almost revealed her entire chest. Her chest was covered under nail marks and scratches. The Maharaj took a step forward, pulled down the curtain that surrounded the bed and draped it over her with one hand. It was the tenderness of the gesture that brought tears to her eyes and the dam finally burst. She dropped herself on the cold floor and clutched the fabric wrapped around her.
Gayatri hugged her knees and rocked back and forth as she cried softly. She had missed the King hand the criminal over to the soldiers and giving them the order to wake up the drugged soldiers in front of the queens room and check their water supply for any sign of intoxicant.
He kneeled down next to her and gathered her in his arms. She left the fabric he had wrapped around her and clutched his clothes. Gayatri didnt hear the soft murmurs of comforting words, but she did feel the arms around her as her petite frame trembled  out of fear and shock. Vijayapratap tightened his hold around her and turned her face towards his shoulder. She hid it in the crook of his neck as she sobbed even more.
Its okay. Nothing will happen to you. I will be there to protect you every time Bani. He stroke her hair long black hair which had become untidy in the struggle.
When will this end Jai? She cried. When will this end? I cant take it anymore.
The crackling of thunder put an end to their conversation. Along with Gayatri the clouds cried too. Vijaayapratap stroke her back softly when Gayatri looked up to him trying to remember what they just had said. Even he was searching for something he lost for a moment, until he saw her searching gaze too and brought his face closer to hers. Not even the loud sounds of the thunder could make both of them forget what they were about to do. The little distance between the two of them disappeared as their lips met, tentatively, tenderly and held them captive in each others feel and touch. They stayed joined like that until the need for oxygen became apparent. Vijayapratap sighed loudly as his lips wandered from Gayatris lips to he chin and then the column of her neck. He stopped at her shoulder.
I think I love you.  the king whispered against her warm skin.
I know I love you. maharaj   Gayatri answered. The king stood up smiling at her confession where she bluntly told him what she felt, but didnt forget to address him respectfully. He helped her sit on her bed and kissed the top of her head tenderly.
Gayatri looked afraid as she saw him move away. Dont go, please Maharaj
Ill be back in a few minutes. I promise. The guards are outside. Nothing will happen.
She nodded but the fear didnt disappear out of her eyes. He gently rubbed his thumb over her finger. I will be back.
With brisk steps Vijayapratap strode out of the room.

Those men at the border were sent by you werent they?  Vijayapratap had the Maharani Chandravati backed against a wall. With his impressive height he was towering over her, glaring down at her as she shrunk against the wall.
youyouyou cant prove that. The scared woman mumbled.
I cant, but your answer said it all. As will your brother who will confess tomorrow morning along with being punished for attempt of rape. That too the wife of the king. Thank the Lord that my commander in chief was in that particular area and handled everything so we didnt have to leave.
Chandravati snorted. Are you sure it was an attempt of rape? Maybe she invited him to her room. Even the subjects know that her husband has not touched her even once. she sneered.
Vijayaprataps eyes were spitting fire. It was the first time that the Maharani had felt his infamous temper directed at her.
Do not speak about Gayatri like that! He hissed in a dangerously low voice, his face barely an inch removed from hers.
I am still the Maharani of Samarkhand Vijaya. II can said about her what I want to say about her.
Vijayapratap backed away, but never did he stop glaring at the woman in front of him. How long do you intent to stay the Maharani of Samarkhand? he asked her in a cold voice. Till tomorrow morning at the most I think. After that the council will banish you for disrupting peace at the border and conspiring against the king and queen of Samarkhand.
 Chandravati looked shocked at the man in front of her as he spoke. I know you plotted with one of your allies across the border to send those fifteen men to pester the subjects living there. I also know that you expected me to leave because I immediately thought about the foreigners in other states and thought they might want to attack us. And I also know that you planned with your brother to kidnap Gayatri so I would listen to whatever you would say. You just didnt keep in mind two things:  your brothers roving eye which I saw the first time he met Gayatri, and his inability to take pain. He blurted half the story before  the first whiplash hit his back. Jai smirked.
Tomorrow morning the entire counsel will decide your fate, I wont interfere with that. But I know the punishments for traitors already. Banishment or death!
Chandravati turned around, not being able to meet his triumphant gaze. So this is how you stay true to one woman is it Maharaj Vijayapratap. She said in an attempt to at least make him feel a little less powerful than he was feeling.
I cant even recognize a woman in you Chandra. He said ruefully. I cant  see love, I cant see compassion, I cant see trust or loyalty. I cant see anything that makes a woman a woman. How can I stay true to you to someone I dont know? You are not the woman I am supposed to stay true too.
Chandravati glared at him.
You have tonight to pack your belongings. Because you are the maharani of Samarkhand and have been for several years, I will not degrade you by getting you arrested by the guards. You will be watched though and tomorrow you will be summoned by the royal court. Farewell Chandra.
Vijayapratap left the room without turning once to the woman he was married to years ago.

Chandravati paced her room. She summoned a maid and gave her a message. Guards were placed outside her room so she couldnt escape herself.
Go to Manohar just outside the city. He is a banished tribal man. He knows what to do. The maid left quickly to fulfil her assignment. I will not be banished. She mumbled to herself. I am the queen of Samarkhand!

Gayatri had changed in another dress by the time Vijayapratap came back to her.
Did the medicine man come?
she nodded and showed a bowl with the green paste. She scrunched her nose, not wanting to inhale the foul smell.
Vijyayapratap laughed loudly. It will clean your wounds.  He closed the door to the room himself, relying on the open windows to provide enough ventilation in the warm room. Rain was pouring out of the sky, providing gently flowing breezes.
Vijayapratap made he lie on the bed. She did so, though a bit embarrassed and nervous about what was going to happen. He lowered the neckline of her clothes and gently rubbed the paste in her gashed and nail marks in her neck and on her chest.
Does it sting?
Gayatri nodded and closed her eyes, preventing the few tears to drop on her cheek . Vijayapratap rinsed his hand in a bowl with water before he touched her cheeks to wipe the tears from them.
I will punish the people who did this too you!
she smiled faintly and turned on her side. will you stay with me here, just tonight. Please?
He took off his heavily embroided coat and laid down next to her. You didnt say Maharaj at the end of your sentence this time. He said teasingly about her formal addressing.
How should I address the man who rules over my heart? she turned around and looked at him.
Vijayapratap had always thought that he had an answer for all this subjects. If hse didnt have one, he made sure that he would have one for them later. But how could he answer this question?  He stared at the mysterious black eyes that drew him to her every time. He lowered his head and kissed her for the second time that day. Passionately and filled with love was this outburst, until she winced. Her neck was still sore. He laid down on his side and stared at the ceiling while both of them were trying to catch their breaths. A soft hand travelled to his chest and settled over his heart.
Why are you worrying yourself?
Just because I cant believe people I have known for so many years are willing to betray me at every step. Chandravati was involved with her brother. I have known them since childhood. I have played with them. Still.
Shhh..she gently stroke his skin and wrapped her arms around him carefully so the green paste wouldnt stain him.
Go to sleep. Take a look at everything in  morning with a clear mind.  She whispered gently in his ears.
For the first time they slept in each others arms, peacefully. Unaware of the heavy storm and the pouring rain in the dark night which made it difficult for the guards to see the man climbing up the palace wall towards the open window with a small basket hanging on a cord down his shoulder. They didnt notice the agility with which he used some loose bricks and uneven surfaces to pull himself up and hold himself standing against the wall under the window. He opened the basket and let the venomous snake slip out of the basket, through the window and into the room. The man closed the window before he climbed down again satisfied with the amount of gold he would get from the elder queen for such a small task.

The sun rose the following morning, but brought an eerie silence too. A silence that broke as the guard announced that the King and Queen had passed away in their sleep as they were bitten by a snake. The guard was attacked and killed, as were the others who had heard him and were loyal to the king. Guards bought by the elder queen were installed at their places. Ministers and loyal servants were killed or fled from the terror. As for the bodies of the king and queen.amongst the guards of the elder queen there was one who was disloyal to her and remained faithful to the king. He somehow managed to sneak the two bodies out of the palace, trying to give them a worthy send-off, and burned them together to prevent the disfiguration of the two bodies on the grand square by elder queens guards as an example of the elder Queens terror which the subjects would feel for years to come.

Hijr ki oonchi, hijr ki oonchi deevaar banaayi
Hay lambi judai
Chaar dinon ka pyaar ho rabba
Badi lambi judai, lambi judai

Edited by RANJANA_RRJ - 13 years ago
Rockyy_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Part D is absolutely fabulous RR.

P.S. reading anything written by you is a treat for the eyes.

By the way do continue with an Ugly Truth soon.

Take care.