Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: swati_mjht

Actually I have also myself covered up lyrics on stage when I forgot them during my performances..I am not a big singer but just small ftns..
I have always felt why do we really cannot keep a paper with lyrics in hand..
I mean it is not cheating or something..it is not a test of how you remember your lyrics... finally it is all abt singing
So I really do feel it was no big deal that Neeti forgot lyrics... forgetting lyrics does not mean you are unprepared

thats exactly the point i am trying to make here. thanks

its a normal thing to write lyrics on your hand and reading from them. Its a part of reality shows now.
somone999 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: safeenafarheen

I mean to say she got SOD in HR Vs SR

i don't think she got a Singer Of the Day award yet.
safeenafarheen thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: somone999

its a normal thing to write lyrics on your hand and reading from them. Its a part of reality shows now.

While performing in a such reality show she used to see lines of songs in the stage infront of TV,live show,thats my POV,If anyone do like this much judges will create some other situation,that u r in the stage performing the song,u r singing the song by seeing the lyrics in ur hand..in my view its not correct while u perform in such a stage show u must prepare urself,if u forget too that doesnt mean that u goes on singing that song by seeing in ur hands,its really looks wired while neeti singing the song by seeing d lyrics from her hand..its not a speech show,if u forget,u can take a papr with u and u can remind ur self in such a stage show,she did mistake by seeing the song lines from her hand,thats it.its wrong in my view.if this is not a big issue means every singer can sing by seeing a song lyrics with paper,or by hand..offf..God knows who is correct and who is wrong..
navaneeta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Safeena .. .forget whether she has written song in her hand or not ... inspite of that she messed up ... Yes she was not at all prepared for the song and the song was too much male dominated and should not be selected as a competition duet song .....

I felt bad with judges attitude .... they gave 9,9,9,10 .... which is really bad and was not expected ... it was a duet and marks should be equaly distributed for both singers .. if one singer excells and othe rone mess up .. mark accordingly ...

redapple1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: somone999

Do we have a similar show like "Don't forget the lyrics" or "Singing Bee" equivalent Hindi shows? It will be interesting to see how they can justify presence of mind in such shows. I really thought this is music competition, didn't realize it is performance or concert where it is ok to forget lyrics or have index card of lyrics.

simi_1 thumbnail

in my opinion it is definitley not right to forget the lyrics, when it already written in your hand.  This shows lack of riyaaz for sure, and she did not even have too many lines to sing

It is very sad that many of us justify neeti forgetting the lyrics. Yes, sometimes It does happen where people go blank when they come on stage or while singing, but they definiltey need to face the consequences. 

with all due respect to the judges, this was a case of very poor judgement , they should have given rahul full 5 marks in a duet and maybe neeti 1 or even .5 a total fof 5.5 or 6 for their round, cause she hardly had much to sing and she forgot and there was no singing done.  How do you give a 9 and a 10 for non singing

HR mentioned that he gave the marks for rahuls singing, hello this is a DUET ROUND NOT A SOLO, he should have given rahul 5 and neeti 1 but he took away 1 for neeti, sad. 

Shreya made an unwarranted and irrelevant statement as to how many times she gets to sing only 2 lines in a song.  Now tell me if she forgets to sing those 2 lines,wouldnt the song end up as being a solo performance

@redapple1 is so right what about the show "Do you know your Lyrics" you will be out when you forget the lyrics.  No more chance to perform after you forget the correct words

AT the end of it all I think shaan was justified and it was okay for neeti to forget her lyrics, but justice was not served in terms of grading, but  guess the show must go on and will enjoy the good music by the contestants in the upcoming matches

Edited by simi_1 - 14 years ago
safeenafarheen thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: simi_1

in my opinion it is definitley not right to forget the lyrics, when it already written in your hand.  This shows lack of riyaaz for sure, and she did not even have too many lines to sing

It is very sad that many of us justify neeti forgetting the lyrics. Yes, sometimes It does happen where people go blank when they come on stage or while singing, but they definiltey need to face the consequences. 

with all due respect to the judges, this was a case of very poor judgement , they should have given rahul full 5 marks in a duet and maybe neeti 1 or even .5 a total fof 5.5 or 6 for their round, cause she hardly had much to sing and she forgot and there was no singing done.  How do you give a 9 and a 10 for non singing

HR mentioned that he gave the marks for rahuls singing, hello this is a DUET ROUND NOT A SOLO, he should have given rahul 5 and neeti 1 but he took away 1 for neeti, sad. 

Shreya made an unwarranted and irrelevant statement as to how many times she gets to sing only 2 lines in a song.  Now tell me if she forgets to sing those 2 lines,wouldnt the song end up as being a solo performance

@redapple1 is so right what about the show "Do you know your Lyrics" you will be out when you forget the lyrics.  No more chance to perform after you forget the correct words

AT the end of it all I think shaan was justified and it was okay for neeti to forget her lyrics, but justice was not served in terms of grading, but  guess the show must go on and will enjoy the good music by the contestants in the upcoming matches

I agree with ur all points..show must go on..Lets Enjoy d show..
Go Amul Shaan's strikers go Prove it Dat U R D BEST.
God Bless shaan and his strikers...