Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xobile thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
@ssk and everyone else in general

I felt this song was better sung than Mere Humsafar. The high notes were close to flawless (she retained her tonal quality) and her involvement with the song/lyrics was awesome - honestly it moved me very deeply.

On top of that - this song is more difficult than Mere Humsafar. Firstly the Raga Yaman portion is a much harder tune to carry than the more predictable and simpler tunes of 'Mere Humsafar' and 'Teri Ore'. Secondly this song utilises a very large range of notes - not only does it have highs, it also has lows in the form of 'varna dil kyun dhadakta ...' Thirdly, there were more harkats.

Therefore this is, in my view, a very complete performance. I hope people agree with my view and I hope the listeners and music lovers out there derive as much pleasure as I did, from Alkaji's singing in this song.

It would be very regrettable if Alkaji was ousted from the competition for this song. Edited by xobile - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: xobile

I felt this song was better sung than Mere Humsafar. The high notes were close to flawless (she retained her tonal quality) and her involvement with the song/lyrics was awesome - honestly it moved me very deeply.

On top of that - this song is more difficult than Mere Humsafar. Firstly the Raga Yaman portion is a much harder tune to carry than the more predictable and simpler tunes of 'Mere Humsafar' and 'Teri Ore'. Secondly this song utilises a very large range of notes - not only does it have highs, it also has lows in the form of 'varna dil kyun dhadakta ...' Thirdly, there were more harkats.

Therefore this is, in my view, a very complete performance. I hope people agree with my view and I hope the listeners and music lovers out there derive as much pleasure as I did, from Alkaji's singing in this song.

It would be very regrettable if Alkaji was ousted from the competition for this song.

Marks below 5 should be ignored as it is rubbish.
But contest or not Alka ji is one of the best ever singers. These days I do not see anyone around to match her unfortunately.
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Marks below 5 should be ignored as it is rubbish.
But contest or not Alka ji is one of the best ever singers. These days I do not see anyone around to match her unfortunately.

I would disagree with that. Not the 1st part. But the last sentence.
simi_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

It would be very regrettable if Alkaji was ousted from the competition for this song.

Well I definitely loved this song and completely loved the transition to the lower notes varrnaaa dil kyun.  Did not have any issues with the higher notes either

Im from a south indian school of music so am not very familiar with Raga yaman, but I matched it to kalyani, which is a very auspicious raag including all 7 notes, and has many derived scales associated with it

I associated this song to be similiar to yesudasji's jab deep jale aana, and for some reason think one old rafi song eehasan tera hoga mujh par was in this raag, just humming that  tune in my mind.  If Im wrong please do correct me.  This is my first time in this sort of a game and am learning from all of you, your positive comments and my training and riyaas, and am thoroughly loving it

But for some reason though there were a couple of not so perfect high notes , in mere humsafar ,  liked that song better , liked the harkaats in that song was much better than this one,  just my opinion, it was lingering in mymind where as this one, though I loved the song, it did not stick with me much

Hence decided to go with a 9 since I think igave a 9 for mere humsafar too

Did not realise alkaji might be ousted, just hope not😭

Edited by simi_1 - 14 years ago
xobile thumbnail
Hey simi! Thanks for your post - yes I think Kalyani is the Carnatic equivalent of Yaman. For a beginner like me, it's v difficult to work out the raga on which a film song is based, so u can check out http://chandrakantha.com/raga_raag/song_title.html for such info - it only has Hindustani ragas I think.

And thanks for your score, too! It might not be a 10, but 9 is very high as well - inevitably some people will prefer Mere Humsafar to this, which is fine - they're both awesome performances!
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Poll is now closed!

Audience Avg: 8.7
Judges Avg: 9.7

Final Score: 9.0
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
So is it a tie between Alkaji and Sunidhi for second place?
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: desicrowd

So is it a tie between Alkaji and Sunidhi for second place?

Check Main Game Thread...