ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Konkona: I don't like people talking about my personal life

Konkona Sen Sharma is the rare actress who straddles both masala and arty cinema - and she does both rather well.

She is in demand for many different roles, and her natural talent as an actress helps her ease into them. She says she had no plans initially for becoming a Bollywood star and that it just happened along the way. She came into the spotlight after winning the national award for her role in Mr & Mrs Iyer. "Initially I had no plans on making my career as an actress, but when my first film clicked, I thought to myself, why not this? If I am doing this well, let's stick around here," says bubbly Konkona.

She is someone who believes in hard work and doesn't care what others have to say about her. "I am someone who is confident about herself and quite secure. I don't listen to anyone, and the more people tell me to do this and that, the more I ignore them and do the same," says Konkona, adding, "except my mom."

Many Bollywood friends give her unsolicited tips about her weight, which also she ignores - because she loves to eat. "I'm not skinny compared to others in Bollywood, but I am not fat. I love food, and that's what gives me pleasure and satisfaction. And up to a point, I don't care about whether I am gaining weight or losing it; I think I am quite attractive and many like me the way I am," says confident Koko.

She says another thing that she does not like people talking about is her relationship with Ranvir Shourey. "I am here to do films, and it's my profession. My personal life is different from my professional career, and so, I don't like people talking about it," says Koko.

Koko is passionate about books and loves reading. "But it has to be a good book - I can't stand bad books, and I have no patience to give them a chance and read the whole thing." She is a neatness freak and wants everything to be at its appointed place. "Yes, totally... even the cushions should be in their place. My friends get really irritated with my fastidiousness, although I have very few friends from the industry - all are outsiders," she says, "I would say Tara Sharma and Sandhya Mridul are the ones who are really good friends who I met on the sets of Page 3."

Konkona has a lot in her kitty. Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge will soon release, in which she is seen with Ajay Devgan and Paresh Rawal. Then Right Yaa Wrong, Mirch and a short film with Mira Nair. And then, she is very excited about her film where she is sharing the screen with her Mom. "Iti Mrinalini is a Bengali film where I will be playing the young star, and mom (Aparna Sen) will play the older character. It covers the time span between the 1970s and today. And I am so glad that I am working with a brilliant actress," says Konkona, who is currently busy promoting her upcoming film Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge.

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/February/News_20100222_104

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wida thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
i just love this girl
she is really good