Poll Choice
Login To Vote
risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Mahalaxmi Iyer

Song:
Bol Na Halke Halke
https://sound5.mp3pk.com/indian/jhoombarabarjhoom/jhoombarabarjhoom04%28www.songs.pk%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the highest rating, 1 is the lowest
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Mahalaxmi Iyer
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the
Official Game Thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1337725

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Great song and loved it.
One of my favourites by RFAK.
Mahalaxmi has a relatively easy part to sing.
An 8 for me.
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Great song and loved it.

One of my favourites by RFAK.
Mahalaxmi has a relatively easy part to sing.
An 8 for me.

I disagree with this. Just listened to the song, they sang almost evenly, taking turns. Maybe slight advantage to RFAK, but otherwise, both same about the same time.
xobile thumbnail
Another performance packed with subtle nuances. The voice is like honey - warm and sweet. The taans and sargams are amazing. Expression is just right, thanks to the wonderul variations and details Mahalaxmi adds, whether it is softening the voice, varying the tune, adding emphasis - gaane pe chaar chaand laga diye. It is true that she didn't have as many impressive or difficult parts as RFAK, but she managed to add some very difficult techniques into portions of the song that could be sung more simply and without much thought. 9 out of 10 for another thoughtful performance!Edited by xobile - 14 years ago
simi_1 thumbnail
brilliant singing, sweetest voice, so slick and the way she sings pani sada gama dapa is so haunting
The feel for the song that she has added is so so right, was flatterred by chup chupke in round 1, but this is brilliant, she added so many soft touches, torn between 9 and 10, think will go fora 10 this time
10/10
ssk13809 thumbnail
Once again great singing by Mahalaxmi Iyer! She has excellent voice quality. I particularly liked how she sang in the beginning,
se ulajhi rahein meri saansein

She sang it with so much purity. Especially the "saansein" part. She was there the whole song. Just singing everything very purely.
Perfect voice, nice and soft, singing everything so precisely, yet effortlessly.
The only thing might be is she didn't do anything extra special, she sang
everything she was given great, but it was missing something extra to give it a
9. I mean, it really deserved a 8.5, but I guess I'm going to have to stick
with giving it a 8.

Rating: 8/10

xobile thumbnail
Completely agree with you simi1! The number of details she has added to every line is just astounding. In the previous round I said that she comes from Kavitaji's style of singing and this song just confirms it. They both use sur to evoke emotion and expression in the song. And ssk gives us a great example of that by picking up on 'saansein' which she has sung as a sort of smoothened taan.

I only hope she gets her due for this performance. Come on India Forums - reach for the nines and tens for Mahalaxmi!
ssk13809 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

Completely agree with you simi1! The number of details she has added to every line is just astounding. In the previous round I said that she comes from Kavitaji's style of singing and this song just confirms it. They both use sur to evoke emotion and expression in the song. And ssk gives us a great example of that by picking up on 'saansein' which she has sung as a sort of smoothened taan.

I only hope she gets her due for this performance. Come on India Forums - reach for the nines and tens for Mahalaxmi!

I hate to say it, but the competition is tough this round. She is going against Alisha's "Tinka Tinka" and the Terrific Trio Alka/Shreya/Sunidhi who always sing great.
xobile thumbnail
I think Sunidhi deserves to be kicked out this time round for Nassa Nassa, although she does have better songs to come. Alisha on the other hand, has hardly any better songs. Perhaps Kajra Re, but that isn't better than Tinka Tinka.

NINES AND TENS FOR MAHALAXMI GUYS!

She should totally get to the next round.- and there's more to come from Mahalaxmi. Check it out:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOpRPx9FonA[/YOUTUBE]
ssk13809 thumbnail
Oh come on xobile, if you really want to use the "there is more to come" argument, there is definately more to come with Sunidhi Chauhan. I'm not sure if you were attacking Alisha or Sunidhi with that statement. I think there's more to come with both anyways.

Also, no one should vote on "there is more to come" anyways. 😆
It's THIS performance, not what they can or can't do.