Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Alka Yagnik

Song:
Aap Ke Pyar Mein
https://soundx.mp3pk.com/indian/raaz/1%28mp3pk.com%29.mp3

Please rate her performance 1-10.

Here are some important notes:

• 10 is the higher rating, 1 is the lowest.
  • You are NOT rating the song
  • You are NOT rating how much you like Alka Yagnik
  • You are NOT rating how much you like her singing in general
  • You ARE rating how well she sang in this song in particular
  • Set 5 as the average bollywood playback singing performance, and rate from there
  • Please listen to the song before rating
  • Final score will be computed after about 2 days of voting and after judges have also given their ratings

If anyone is lost and doesn't know whats going on, please visit the official game thread:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1337725

Feel free to discuss her rating for this performance!

Edited by risingabove - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Ah Alkaji is the best, her voice is rich and full and very versatile.
A full 10 for me.
xobile thumbnail
Another near perfect performance by Alkaji. There are lots of difficult parts in this song - the high notes, the harkats and a bit of beat work (Sameer's lyrics are not in perfect meter so the singer must work harder to keep the song on beat a couple of times). Alkaji scores highly on expression, emotion and character   and manages the high notes well, too. The harkats are not too polished though, especially in the lower notes. Undoubtedly, some harkats have been handled well but there are some which sound a bit imprecise and half hearted. But with all that Alkaji did in the song, this is a minor glitch and she gets a 9 from me!

It is a shame the dated arrangement/orchestration and annoying echo effect diminish the overall impact of Alkaji's awesome singing. Average song, lovely singing.Edited by xobile - 14 years ago
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
10 on 10

Simply amazing
simi_1 thumbnail

One of my favorites,so many high notes, the song is sung so smoothly and sweetly.  But felt that some of the notes were not finished completely, felt like they were just dropped, and think the harkarts did not stay in my mind, for longer than whenI heard the song, so 8.5 out of 10 for me, so going for 8

Edited by simi_1 - 14 years ago
xobile thumbnail

Originally posted by: simi_1

One of my favorites,so many high notes, the song is sung so smoothly and sweetly.  But felt that some of the notes were not finished completely, felt like they were just dropped, and think the harkarts did not stay in my mind, for longer than whenI heard the song, so 8.5 out of 10 for me, so going for 8

So what score did you vote for? 8 or 9?
simi_1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: xobile

So what score did you vote for? 8 or 9?

8 /10
bambooshoot thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Alka's voice is very soothing. This song shows immense maturity from her. Her emotions and her throw was just perfect for what was required from this song. I find her voice a little lacking on the sweetness part though. And she tends to sound shrill on the high notes. So I give her an 8.
ssk13809 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
1st of all, great track and composition! Old memories returned of this movie as well.

Alka Yagnik, like usual, sang brilliantly. I especially liked her in the main verses, she even handeled the high pithces very well in the main verses. For example,
Is kadar aap se humko mohabbat hui
she sang very nicely

In the post-main verse, she wasn't as good in the high pitches and her voice did kind of get shrill. Though, overall, even there she was very good, singing many parts nicely. Lovely track, and lovely singing overall.

Rating: 8/10

risingabove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Polls are now closed

Audience Average: 8.4
Judges Average: 9.0

Final Average: 8.6