cutiepies thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

It's Gauri Khanum, not Khan: SRK

TNN, 15 February 2010, 12:00am IST

Now no one is trying to be smart here. This is a view expressed by the biggest Khan on the block -  Shah Rukh Khan. Says SRK, "Khan is not a  surname. It is a title... like Mr. Just like the Sikhs are Jaspinder Singh (male) or Jassy Kaur (female), I'm Shah Rukh Khan.

However, my wife Gauri or any woman who is using the title Khan is wrong. It should ideally be Khanum because Khanum is the female counterpart of Khan. All women who use Khan as their second name are in that sense incorrect."

So, Farah Khan, Sussanne Khan and all you other women there using the name Khan, please make note. You should be using Khanum instead. Do we see producers rushing to register this title now?

Edited by fruitty - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

πŸ˜†

Ya, I think he may be correct here. I have never made a note of it, but it's the same with the titile Syed also, where the males are Syed, and the females are Syeda. However, not many make the changes, and leave it to as it is.
Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Now ppl will protest against him for this also !! That he said all their surnames are incorrect....LOL !!
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He must be joking! He can't be serious, was he sleeping till now or he just realised it? Maine to hardly kabhi kisi ko Khanum  use karte huye dekha hai, almost all cases mein Khan hi use karti hain females.

Let us make a list of (female) Khans in Bollywood/Tellywood:

Farah Khan
Saroj Khan
Zarine Khan
Suzzanne Khan
Gauri Khan
Malaika Arora Khan
Soha Ali Khan
Hummy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
lol hez rite im gna go ask my parents why my name is khan????? n not khanum. shiv sena do i see another protest cumin on πŸ˜‰
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Gauri Khan to SRK - My Name Is Khan and I am not a Khanum

πŸ˜†
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
yeah.. i used to have BUTT (just like KHAN) at the end of my name and surname  but my father removed butt from my name so its only my brothers is is called butt Edited by Sallufanno1 - 14 years ago
-afghaniibabe thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

i don't even think, that Khan is a surname.
is just a title you have in your community o.0 .. i think.
and because the mens have the control, then people call them Khans. and the womens bear the family surname.
Khanum is totally something else. Khanum means like; honey, sweetheart.. stuff like these.
physically Khanum does mean wheat.

- asma
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -afghaniibabe

i don't even think, that Khan is a surname.
is just a title you have in your community o.0 .. i think.
and because the mens have the control, then people call them Khans. and the womens bear the family surname.
Khanum is totally something else. Khanum means like; honey, sweetheart.. stuff like these.
physically Khanum does mean wheat.

- asma

no, i think im pretty sure khanum means madam and not sweetheart.

and srk is right, people do say, 'khan saab' so in that sense yes, it is a title rather than a name. a name that demands respect.
ShaFiLICIOUS thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

lol Khanum , sound really weird

LADIES KEEP UR NAME TO KHAN , DON'T CHANGE IT.

thanks for the article.