9/2 - Sid-Yuvi-Naina-JP: Are you there for me?

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

I did not watch the episode fully due to workie-workie and deadline ki talwaar hanging on my head but whatever I caught of it - I have just two things to say.

1. Riddhima can never ever repay the goodness, kindness and compassion of Shashank and Sid. The least I say about her and her treatment of the two , the better it is.

2. Sid-Yuvi-Naina -JP-Jiggy. My post is about them and a small effort to understand the clay feet of human relationships when the time comes to rise to the occasion.

So, today , like always both in reel life and real life - a group of friends refused to even listen , forget believing that what their ostracized friend had to say.

Riddhima accused Sid of rape on All India Radio and all eyes narrowed in his direction in a disgusting fashion. It is alright. Expected. Human beings are human beings, victims of the shortcomings of mortal nature - so it was okay if they doubted Sid. It is a natural reaction seeing a woman go so hysterical and shattered over a sexual attack even if it is hallucinated.

But wait a minute.

When we are accused and blamed for something that we have not even done , who is the first person you expect to come running and envelope you into a bear hug? Who is the first person you want to throw your arms around and cry that 'I didn't do it, please believe me.' ? Who is the first person you believe will make everything okay by taking your hand and saying that they understand? - Your family and friends.

Sid is all alone . He has no family here and the only people he can fall back on are Yuvi, Naina , JP and Jiggy - his friends, the only people he gathers in a group hug. Today , they let him down - a second time round. Again. I don't expect anything from Riddhima and the likes as far as fair justice for this man is concerned because she is an outsider who doesn't know what kind of a man Sid is....... but his friends? They have been with him for so long - seen him , known him , been with him - don't they know what Sid is made of?

And I guess..... Real Life relationships are no different either.

Our friends - most of them and most of the time end up letting us down when we need them the most. They punch us in the gut when we least expect them to . They fall short of our humble human expectations and as we look at them in shock , they either hang their heads in embarrassed helplessness or just look away saying that they are sorry - they couldn't be there for you. It hurts and it is terrible - I have known people who have married twice over but.... but never made a friend again in life after being betrayed once. That is the extent upto which a man or a woman has a capability of hurting you.

It is not that all your friends out there are vile cobras who live only to play kitchen politics with you and demolish you. No. It is just that they end up being victims of mortal nature - sometimes due to a behavioural drawback , a basic humane courage deficiency , insensitivity , lack of both IQ and EQ, inferior love and trust , our friends fail in their basic moral duty towards us.

We get hurt - confront them , fight with them , pack our bags and go out of their lives. And in case we don't tell them what paper roses they have been , we continue paralysed friendships , clinking champagne glasses , getting pictures clicked but there is NO HEART in those friendships. You stop caring from within and you will never go running to wipe their tears at 3.30am ever again.

Faith , love and healing are an emotional need of any relationship and it evolves the most beautifully in friendship because friends are those kinds of people - whom you accept and hug as they are without setting red lines like in other bonds. And the day you realize that your friends did not stand by you because their suspicion won over their faith in you , their impulsive emotional reaction won over their love for you - you are shattered and you never smile at a stranger again.

Yuvi, Naina, JP and Jigster should not have believed everything in case Sid told them what happened - that would have been blind faith. But that they did not listen to him at all , did not shake him up and ask him what happened - that is being BLIND. This is just a serial- tomorrow they all will be partying again. But if it was real life , then, Sid would have never believed in friendship again , no matter what.

We may forget what our friends said or even what they did - but we will never forget how they made us feel at that heartbreaking moment.

The  best thing is to be emotionally independent and understand that everything is rosy today - these are my friends, i love them- but tomorrow can be different - they can hurt me, I can hurt them - not that we are fickle , it is just that we are mortal. At the end of the day..... I am my own friend. Rest is just a walk in the clouds and am smiling through as long as it lasts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
After watching yesterdays episode , i didnt have the courage to see todays epi.... but read the written updates.
And Poco 😲 What is this, u told us that u wont watch the episodes until thru and no posts , even when i requested , u told u cant write them and now.this .....
And now u r back with ur awards dabba too... πŸ˜”

My own lawyer is lying to me Edited by bhavi20_s - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: bhavi20_s

After watching yesterdays episode , i didnt have the courage to see todays epi.... but read the written updates.
And Poco 😲 What is this, u told us that u wont watch the episodes until thru and no posts , even when i requested , u told u cant write them and now.this .....
And now u r back with ur awards dabba too... πŸ˜”

My own lawyer is lying to me

Arre?😲

I am a lawyer - lie nahiin karungi to apna beach house kasie banaaoongi?πŸ˜†

But I have not lied to you. I have not seen the episode. I heard about Yuvi hitting Sid and Keerti's MBBS degree revisited , so made those limited posts .

Chill maaro nahiin to KW kisi aur ko de doongi. πŸ˜‰

letitgo thumbnail
Siddy widdy and KW  dono mere hain......And dont u even think of taking someone else side 😑 So, u didnot watch todays episode?
letitgo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

And I guess..... Real Life relationships are no different either.

Very true.

Our friends - most of them and most of the time end up letting us down when we need them the most. They punch us in the gut when we least expect them to . They fall short of our humble human expectations and as we look at them in shock , they either hang their heads in embarrassed helplessness or just look away saying that they are sorry - they couldn't be there for you. It hurts and it is terrible

Oh I have been thru the back stabbing and some hypocrites. And yes it hurts, and u can never ever forget it even if it was a decade ago.

We get hurt - confront them , fight with them , pack our bags and go out of their lives. And in case we don't tell them what paper roses they have been , we continue paralysed friendships , clinking champagne glasses , getting pictures clicked but there is NO HEART in those friendships. You stop caring from within and you will never go running to wipe their tears at 3.30am ever again.

How true and valid. We feel bad as the care and concern is gone from the heart but again cant bring the same old compassion again.

Faith , love and healing are an emotional need of any relationship and it evolves the most beautifully in friendship because friends are those kinds of people - whom you accept and hug as they are without setting red lines like in other bonds. And the day you realize that your friends did not stand by you because their suspicion won over their faith in you , their impulsive emotional reaction won over their love for you - you are shattered and you never smile at a stranger again.

I would never smile at a stranger again, but again the thought comes to the mind that no one is perfect and may be even I may have hurt someone in some way. After all, these good and bad experiences together makes a person grow.

This is just a serial- tomorrow they all will be partying again. But if it was real life , then, Sid would have never believed in friendship again , no matter what. --- 100% agree.

We may forget what our friends said or even what they did - but we will never forget how they made us feel at that heartbreaking moment.

Exactly, all the good times will not come to the mind, but as soon as the old friend comes in mind, the hurtful moment flashes before you. And no other further  help, caring dialogues or wishes make s the hurt go away.

The  best thing is to be emotionally independent and understand that everything is rosy today - these are my friends, i love them- but tomorrow can be different - they can hurt me, I can hurt them - not that we are fickle , it is just that we are mortal. At the end of the day..... I am my own friend. Rest is just a walk in the clouds and am smiling through as long as it lasts.

The truth and reality of life.

Very well written Poco. Very true and deep emotions. Love u and God bless u. πŸ€—

Edited by bhavi20_s - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Siddy widdy and KW  dono mere hain......And dont u even think of taking someone else side 😑 So, u didnot watch todays episode?

No my dear. I just said in the other post that I was in office.πŸ˜†.... I just read the updates.

As for KW..... I am thinking. Let me study my case and my client's claims properly. 🀣

CinciGal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The statistics of rape convictions is so low that you naturally tend to sympathize with the "victim". I put victim in quotes because we know in this case that rape did not happen and hence there is no victim of rape. But the rest of the hospital crew, including YuNa, JP-Jiggy, do not know that.

In the US only 16% of rape and sexual assault cases are reported and out of these only about 3% get convictions ie < 0.5% conviction rate. In India, the number is way lower. Bearing this in mind you don't want to doubt a woman who claims she has been raped, especially since maximum number of rapists are often acquantances/friends/relatives of the victim and that rapists come from every class of the society.

Knowing this, if a co-worker of yours came in a most miserable state, crying, weak and broken, and accused another co-worker of rape, who would you believe?

The last of Sid-Rid that the hospital has seen is that Sid made those pictures of him and Riddhima in compromising poses. When another such incident happens, and a much graver one at that, it is normal for anyone to question their judgment of the person involved.

Let me also add here that the character of Riddhima has totally left her brains behind when she re-entered the series.
letitgo thumbnail
Haila, why do u have to think again   I am married ti him and others are trying to steal my hubby, Is mein ab sochne ki kya baat hain
naz17555 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome post! I love reading you takes on things!

I agree, in real life if this happened either you would have lsot those friends forever or the relationship would never be the same!
I was mega pissed, honestly I dont know why I watched, though I think it was to see how sids friends would stick by him as he's been in this situation before, but nope that didnt happen! Again his so called friends left him, didnt even listen to a word he said, it was tragic, I dont get why they had to show a scene like that again either?!

Rids has changed soo much! shes become some hysterical crazy woman that keeps jumping to conclusions! And if you were raped wouldnt you feel it? (sorry for being kinder graphic here but seriously?..) This whole search for arman drama is soo boring, I enjoyed watching sid and gang before they were fun together but now?... Whats with the overdose of testing friendships and what not?.. I hope rids just leaves and the gang try and get back their old charm.
PSharada thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Haila, why do u have to think again   I am married ti him and others are trying to steal my hubby, Is mein ab sochne ki kya baat hain

Haila kab hogi teri shaadi KW ke saath😲. Mujhe bataya bhi nahi. That's bad you know that right.