Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Box-Office Top5  
Midweek B.O.: 'Striker' has disastrous opening weekend
- By Taran Adarsh, February 8, 2010 - 13:37 IST
Film Cast Plusses Minusses Verdict

Ishqiya
Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi, Vidya Balan Well executed film in all respects, with competent performances and lilting music Climax is a letdown Maintained very well in its second weekend. Is in the range of Rs. 4.5 cr. to Rs. 5 cr. The 10-day total stands at [approx.] Rs. 18.5 crores [nett]

3 Idiots
Aamir Khan, R. Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Kareena Kapoor, Boman Irani, Omi An outstanding, incredible, superb film in all respects Difficult to find Super Blockbuster

Veer
Salman Khan, Zarine Khan, Mithun Chakraborty, Jackie Shroff, Sohail Khan, Puru Raaj Kumar, Aryan Vaid, Neena Gupta Salman Khan Poor script The film has fared well in a few circuits only, due to its [first week] business at single screens. However, Eros, the presenters of the film, will incur losses. Flop

Striker
Siddharth, Aditya Pancholi, Anupam Kher, Padma Priya, Ankur Vikal, Seema Biswas, Vidya Malvade, Anoop Soni Spirited performances Lackluster writing Disastrous opening weekend. The film collected approx. Rs. 80 lacs in its first 3 days on 185 screens

Rann
Amitabh Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh, Sudeep, Paresh Rawal, Rajat Kapoor, Mohnish Bahl, Gul Panag, Neetu Chandra, Suchitra Krishnamoorthy, Simone Singh, Rajpal Yadav RGV is in form Gets too real at times Flop
http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/trade/top5/index.html Edited by Human_Torch - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I always knew Veer will be flopped...salman is a terrible writer ..he should concerntrate on his acting..rather than putting the producers in losses.

and always knew ishqiya will do well..

striker well..no comments
Edited by Human_Torch - 14 years ago
monica201 thumbnail

wowww 3 iditos super blockbuster..I loved the movie.

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I m very happy that veer flopped. i don't like Salman khan.
I am not very fond of Salman Khan either, but I feel it is very wrong to say that you are happy that  a movie that has so many people's efforts flopped.

It is not Salman's movie alone, it is a production of so many people's efforts.

I have formed huge biases for Salman Khan too, but at the end of the day, it's almost as if a common works so hard and loses his or her job at the end. These are no commen men, but none of them intent to create bad movies; it just happens so. Now to think of it, it's may not be fully right to rejoice on flops, except it's ok in certain cases, when the movie is extremely terrible and audience feels cheated. 😆
Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
Box office India is calling it below average. The movie did well in first week, but fell badly in the second one. Anil sharma was saying before that they kinda created a "hype" about the high price of Veer but it is not so expensive and he said that movie did well with the masses and the single screen theaters which is a fact confirmed by many. There still isnt a reliable source for telling exact box office figures different sites say different stuff and it gets confusing. Some producers publicize their earnings well and pay well to the press to let everyone know that the movie did well while others just chose to stay mum and let people crib and just pocket the money without shouting off the roof tops that the movie is a hit. Edited by adios - 14 years ago
LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
this is his first writing who knows maybe he will improve in futuer

Originally posted by: LEO88

this is his first writing who knows maybe he will improve in futuer

this is his 2nd one first was sooryavanshi and tht was also a box office dud
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
what ever and who ever actor or actress if film is good than public eill like but 3idiots creat history and I dont think any one cross that film still going good now every one looking that standerd.