Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

i am brought up in a society where der is parda( veil) a veil which exists helps n destroys a way tooo many things????

1st wud like 2 share what we go thru here(saudi arabia)

over here making a friendship wid a guy creates a major havoc not that parents have any objection but da society da parents also nod der head yes it's forbidden here but making friendship wid family frnds son's also create questions n to add more 2 dis we hav a gr8 teachers add n add the result half of dem have zillion questions which are neva answered ome make friebdship n keep it hidden wid fear n if it's knw u hav der wedding card da next moment .

cumin 2 india agree women are wrkin giving competition 2 men everything wen a girl is born itself dey say strt saving 4r her 4rm now aagey kaam aayega for da boy he' da bread earner so 4get it .
but if she's late der r phone calls where r u??? reach home before time??? d'nt hang out more wid frnds?? n a little delay in marriage zillinons of question are thrown wether da gal wnts 2 marry or not she shud 'coz of duniya!! wht ppz gonna think n if she has 1 frnd more than 90% will think dey r on wrong path. da only solution if anything or nthing goes wrong  b/w a gal n guy is get dem married no matter da entire life dey stay as stangers!!!!

no matter how modernised dis world becum's certain things will never change!!!
srrry if i made any mistakes in ma post plzzzzzzzzz do rectify dem
god bless u:)
eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: 1kaarzoo

i am brought up in a society where der is parda( veil) a veil which exists helps n destroys a way tooo many things????

over here making a friendship wid a guy creates a major havoc not that parents have any objection but da society da parents also nod der head yes it's forbidden here but making friendship wid family frnds son's also create questions n to add more 2 dis we hav a gr8 teachers add n add the result half of dem have zillion questions which are neva answered ome make friebdship n keep it hidden wid fear n if it's knw u hav der wedding card da next moment .

cumin 2 india agree women are wrkin giving competition 2 men everything wen a girl is born itself dey say strt saving 4r her 4rm now aagey kaam aayega for da boy he' da bread earner so 4get it .
but if she's late der r phone calls where r u??? reach home before time??? d'nt hang out more wid frnds?? n a little delay in marriage zillinons of question are thrown wether da gal wnts 2 marry or not she shud 'coz of duniya!! wht ppz gonna think n if she has 1 frnd more than 90% will think dey r on wrong path. da only solution if anything or nthing goes wrong  b/w a gal n guy is get dem married no matter da entire life dey stay as stangers!!!!

hey arzoo,...here we r complaining about a lot of little things..as a woman this is unfair n that is not right...n on the other end  r girls like u..who on a day to day basis suffer a lot more ...even missing the basic fundametal rights of humanity...hatss off to u gurls.πŸ‘..but i know one thing, actually two things..

only a woman has the strength to suffer this with dignity
and the second only a woman has the strength to fight this and find a solution in the end.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Oh God, Sana. .... I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you and the women of your culture - Not being able to take a breath without the rule book being read out on your head all the bloody time. They say all this is done for protection of a woman from evil eyes , but is it protection really? Or glorified male dictatorship? ..... man or woman, we all have the right to be free  - to live , to love, to laugh and no... that doesn't decide our moral conduct and character.

In here , we don't have the pardah system but there is no dearth of rulebooks here either and 99.99% of them are written for women and women alone. Like all the instances that you mentioned. They all happen and we cannot fight it. There is an inherent disease in the cultural fabric of the whole world where women are oppressed in one way or the other.... we are given wings and then ways are devised to clip them.

But as Evy said..... we fight back everything. Survival, i guess .

Love and luck always,

GOD bless you.

AVKKG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: armaania13

Just wanted to add - that I have been living in the US for over 10 years now, so havent watched these  EKTA Kapoor's serials etc.
I hadnt even watched DMG from 2007.
I started watching from June 2009 and because of the liveliness of the show, the ease of portrayal fo all the characters in the show, I was compelled to google search the older episodes of DMG (since i didnt know about India-Forums at that time) and ended up watching all the episodes from the first episode in probably a couple of months.

I would have thought that Riddhima would be a stronger character and so would Dr.Shashank. Instead of showing them as Helpless, they could instead have a positive and stronger attitude to life!
Why believe that the world is coming to an end????
Becos LIFE DOESNT STOP at this!
Would be so much more applause worthy - to see Riddhima finding out the truth first, Shanky giving Ridz the talk that its not the end of the world - she is a doctor, she could do so much with her education and her profession, serve people etc etc instead of saying some crap like RIDZ and SId should get married. 

No comment, anyone????πŸ˜•
FaithnFate thumbnail
@eve i jus gave u a ray of saudi arabia der is wrst dan dis
 i hav neva spoken anythin 2 any1
 u knw here da teacher's decide wht books da student shud  read n i left library long bak thx 2 dem
der r many thing if hit on der will b only tears n nthin else
NRI sounds gud buk kills da soul every second in saudi i hav  only 3 things ma parents n ma 2 buddies 

wen i came 2 dis forum i strtd readin posts u knw u ppz hav thaught me a lot more dan wht i can learn sitting here in 4 walls
n yes poco is ma teacher n so r rest !!!!

thnk u 4r becumin a blessing in ma life!!!
god bless u alll
srry jusssssssss........
Edited by 1kaarzoo - 14 years ago

I would have thought that Riddhima would be a stronger character and so would Dr.Shashank. Instead of showing them as Helpless, they could instead have a positive and stronger attitude to life!
Why believe that the world is coming to an end????
Becos LIFE DOESNT STOP at this!
Would be so much more applause worthy - to see Riddhima finding out the truth first, Shanky giving Ridz the talk that its not the end of the world - she is a doctor, she could do so much with her education and her profession, serve people etc etc instead of saying some crap like RIDZ and SId should get married. 

^^^^ i completely agree with you!!!πŸ‘

poco - brilliant and very thought provoking post!!! As always, very well writtenlπŸ‘I always get something new to learn!!πŸ˜›

coming to the topic, i agree with you, in our society a women's honour is given the most importance and if anything goes wrong it is always the woman to be blamed and made to suffer! But with changing times, i do feel our society is changing a bit, it takes a very long time for the society, that is - THE PEOPLE to except a change, a new attitude, a new perception!
Sadly, the people who mock women the most are women themselves!!!

As "armaania13" very well described it, the society consists of people, people consists of different families, families consists of individuals and finally it comes down to "me"(us, as individuals)
What we think, how we act / react / respond / behave, does make a difference, a very small difference but when all these "individuals" make the difference society, will change slowly but definetly will!!!
Coming to cinema, it can be very well used as a tool to educate and enlighten people's minds, but sadly we don't get much of these!! Eg - 3 idiots!

DMG is a serial trageting the youth, i wished they came up with stronger and realistic characters!!It can definetly inspire lot of young minds!!
I would want Shanky to stand by his child, make her realize her mistake and apologize to Sid and move on!! I know people will be talking about her, she won't given the same respect, it is going to be very difficult for her to face the world - BUT in the end it's ur life!!! u marry a guy just to shut ppl's mouth and ruin your whole life!!! Give me a break!!

People talk when something bad happens, they talk when somethig good happens, but they never stand by you in the hr of ur need!!!

cheers
Kai 

eveline thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@eve i jus gave u a ray of saudi arabia der is wrst dan dis

i hav neva spoken anythin 2 any1
 u knw here da teacher's decide wht books da student shud  read n i left library long bak thx 2 dem
der r many thing if hit on der will b only tears n nthin else
NRI sounds gud buk kills da soul every second in saudi i hav  only 3 things ma parents n ma 2 buddies 

wen i came 2 dis forum i strtd readin posts u knw u ppz hav thaught me a lot more dan wht i can learn sitting here in 4 walls
n yes poco is ma teacher n so r rest !!!!

thnk u 4r becumin a blessing in ma life!!!
gid bless u alll
srry jusssssssss........

hey arzoo,...its not only you..each and every one of us must be facing some or the other issues in life..i m pretty sure of that..n we all find solace n strength from this harmless forum, we say whats in our minds n hearts fearlessly coz here friends will listen, understand n not judge for me its easier to say and for u impossible to live.
.we stand by each other, we have learend sooo much here..as for me i can say that this is a very special and secret and integral part of me that i share here
any time we all will be here for you...thats a promise...right gurlz...speak up !!
AVKKG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kai_Hiwatari

^^^^ i completely agree with you!!!πŸ‘

poco - brilliant and very thought provoking post!!! As always, very well writtenlπŸ‘I always get something new to learn!!πŸ˜›

coming to the topic, i agree with you, in our society a women's honour is given the most importance and if anything goes wrong it is always the woman to be blamed and made to suffer! But with changing times, i do feel our society is changing a bit, it takes a very long time for the society, that is - THE PEOPLE to except a change, a new attitude, a new perception!
Sadly, the people who mock women the most are women themselves!!!

As "armaania13" very well described it, the society consists of people, people consists of different families, families consists of individuals and finally it comes down to "me"(us, as individuals)
What we think, how we act / react / respond / behave, does make a difference, a very small difference but when all these "individuals" make the difference society, will change slowly but definetly will!!!
Coming to cinema, it can be very well used as a tool to educate and enlighten people's minds, but sadly we don't get much of these!! Eg - 3 idiots!

DMG is a serial trageting the youth, i wished they came up with stronger and realistic characters!!It can definetly inspire lot of young minds!!
I would want Shanky to stand by his child, make her realize her mistake and apologize to Sid and move on!! I know people will be talking about her, she won't given the same respect, it is going to be very difficult for her to face the world - BUT in the end it's ur life!!! u marry a guy just to shut ppl's mouth and ruin your whole life!!! Give me a break!!

People talk when something bad happens, they talk when somethig good happens, but they never stand by you in the hr of ur need!!!

cheers
Kai 

Thank you so much. 
We in India, still think of Marriage as the ultimate goal for a woman!!  Yes, marriage is a beautiful institution, but how can someone even think of getting his daughter married to the very man who has raped her (Again, please dont confuse this with SID RIDZ becos that hasnt happened here!!).

Such thinking is ridiculous in my opinion. I would applaud the father who would be willing to shoulder his daughter's responsibility for life versus getting her married off just to save his own honour and hers.

Very SAD to even think that this kind of thinking exists.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry. I think i missed your post......budhaapa , so can't see properly.πŸ˜†

You have raised very valid points and it is an ugly truth of both media and our society.

I am on this line , so I can tell you why certain things are the way they are. Here, in Television , the first thing they think about is that how much money is the show going to rake in. Not what message they want to convey. Target the mentality of society and make what suits them- we are not here to preach , we are here to make money. .... that is the word-to-word attitude. We are in a place where we survive week to week on the TRP chart. Nothing else is cared about.

Have you seen shows on COLORS? They are the most PATHETIC projection of the narrowest mindsets in India and they roll in TRPs of 5+. Because people watch them.... even worse, they identify with all this crap.

Nothing in TV is going to change unless society changes and that is altogether a different kind of evolution waiting to happen.

No comment, anyone????πŸ˜•

FaithnFate thumbnail

Originally posted by: eveline

hey arzoo,...its not only you..each and every one of us must be facing some or the other issues in life..i m pretty sure of that..n we all find solace n strength from this harmless forum, we say whats in our minds n hearts fearlessly coz here friends will listen, understand n not judge for me its easier to say and for u impossible to live.

.we stand by each other, we have learend sooo much here..as for me i can say that this is a very special and secret and integral part of me that i share here
any time we all will be here for you...thats a promise...right gurlz...speak up !!

i agree wid each n every wrd of ur's dear
2day jus way tooooooooo......... thnk u *HUG*
maine is post ko dukhi kar diya i shud get bak 2 ma tapporiness n jungle πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† chalo life colourfull banate haiπŸ˜›