Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: dharbar

Yes i definitely agree with you...how well our society must have progressed...when  it comes to a girls character it pretty much remains the same...whatever the boy and girl concerned may say..no one is ready to hear..and in this case...rids has banged her head against the wall herself..i mean the society...what was the need to scream infront of the whole staff that sid raped her...and did he really rape her???the answer is a definite no...she  being a doctor  knows that he didn't rape her...of course no need to be a doctor to know what rape means...i hope she knows what rape means...rape doesn't simply mean sleeping next to the person...and how come she thinks of that????? and how can shashank a well educated person think of getting rids married to sid?????is this the only solution????no...how can he think that rids would be happy marrying someone whom she  thinks to be a rapist?its better for rids to remain a spinster than marrying someone she doesn't even respect...

anyways this doesn't mean i'm in favour of the current track...i'm completely unhappy with the current track of ruining ar  and sidna lovestories...there was no need of it..

Hi there,

Thank you so much for replying. 😳

Shashank has behaved like typical conditioned father who inspite of his education and wisdom feels that Riddzie's honour can only be restored by her marrying Sid. He has lived in this society and he is a slave of it... like a million others. Sid who is innocent and Riddz who is mistaken will be pushed into a marriage only because they apparently slept with each other. Stupid and unfounded but things are a way too out of hand because of Riddhima's insane declaration of rape. 😡

Real life is no different. The moment 10 people open their mouths about a girl's character , parents run to find a shawl to cover it.

ShiningStar18 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
I would just like to give you a standing ovation for your topic Pocahontas...👏👍🏼

I am sorry,I don't know your real name..😊

Anyways I loved the issues you just explained and even I feel that this prejudice against women should be stopped...

As you said,many innocent girls are married forcibly in the name of honour which is very wrong...

Shashank just portrayed the role of a helpless father....
P.S Honour is Suicidal.....
rohanluv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
poco, frm one side watever our culture says is tright coz wen these rules were made condition was different , also the condition sems to b better than todays bcoz today under the name of 'freedom' so many things r happening, they r so many ppl who doesnt thing abt " sachha pyaar" nd all this stuffs they only kno that our kid whether a boy / girl shud marry, with who have 'izzat' in society, if now shanky is thinking this is wrong now- a-days no fathe will send his daughter to find her so called love, wid a 'anjaan' boy( atleast he shud send a girl/ or padma wid her, nd if he love so much his daughter then he himself wud go wid her), so the all is shanky's mistake, i think so..( sorry if i hurt anyone)
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: dmg07

Gosh Poca' you wrote this after a meeting.. LOL!😆.... so, you can see , i took out all my frustration of having to deal with a Male Chauvinist Ordinary Pig Boss in this post.

I am just back from a meeting  and came to the forum for a 'quick' update and read your topic instead.. had to read it twice.. LOL!....Read it twice? My English is that bad? 😲

My comment: Regardless of it being Shashank the dad or whoever (reel vs Real).. at the end of the day' all fall prey to the whims of the society....Bingo! We are always stuck in this cultural rut where anything can be done to guard or restore a woman's honour. Whatever is happening is unfair both on Sid and Riddz but they are in a situation where they will hang their heads in front of the elders. Much like real life.

Talking about Real society scenarios '

I think the NOW generation has a better attitude than the few generations before.. they don't fall in the 'log kya kahenge' category.. The generation is dominant of professionals that are stable ' mentally and financially - and make those social decisions themselves. I don't mean they disrespect their parents and elders.. but they don't society decide what they want to do!.... and that is why the likes of us have the choicest compliments of uncles and aunties and that mild whisper - humne pehle hi kaha tha ki ladki haath se nikal jaayegi!😆

Great topic.. Hope my comments were with it. Thanks!

nyctophilia thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hey nitzy fab writin!!!

i agree to each n every word u said..today also in real lyf there r many instances for which women r being forced into marriages jz for the sake of so called honour of the fmly...the thinkin is still the same orthodox n conservative one...divorcees,widows n the rape victims r given such horrible looks as if they r ones who r to be blamed for evrythin...be it any situation women hv to go thru all character examinations..the typical mentality of ppl dznt change in these kind of situations..there is a typical mental block ladki ne hi kuch galat kiya hoga..it makes me sick the whole thinkin pattern is very disgustin...i get gooseflesh wen i think abt the behaviour of soceity towards women...this kind of backward thinkin has bcum a norm in our society..this not justified at all..i hope someday this typical orthodox thinkin wud change...

n comin to siddhant n riddhima's situation..

this all has happened coz of that sick woman riddhima...the big mouth shamed herself n siddhant too without even listening to sid or understanding the situation ..she cud hv told this to shanky in private too..there was no bloody need to shout in front of everyone..she shud have atleast heard sid once..her misconception now will lead them into an forced marriage... 😡 😡 thanks to her big mouth... 😡 that woman needs to knw nothing wrong happened btwn her n sid..siddhant as a doctor saved her life..thats it...n siddhant being an emotional fool once again will givin to shanky's emotional blackmailin n get ready to marry riddhima...the result wud be new round of haterd,abuses,insults,accuses n wat not from riddhima.. but yes comin to shanky i dont blame him he is a daughter's father..he is in a helpless situation..aftr watever happened btwn sid n riddhima this solution of marriage will only worsen their situation....Edited by kritishah3 - 14 years ago
cleopatra123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i absolutely agree with u !

i just have a tiny objection with some of the replies here!
many of us here are blaming ridz for digging her own grave by shouting on rooftop abt her alleged rape !i understand that In DMG .. its just a misunderstanding!

but in real life situation... doesnt a rape victim have the right to stand up for herself ,tell the society that she was raped  and ask for justice??shouldn't the rapist be the ashamed party here ??why do we expect the girl to sit in a corner and cry just because the society wont think well of her if she tells them she was wronged??

forgive me if i  went a little off topic!

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1994

I would just like to give you a standing ovation for your topic Pocahontas...👏👍🏼

I am sorry,I don't know your real name..😊

Anyways I loved the issues you just explained and even I feel that this prejudice against women should be stopped...

As you said,many innocent girls are married forcibly in the name of honour which is very wrong...

Shashank just portrayed the role of a helpless father....
P.S Honour is Suicidal.....

Thank you so much . Even I don't know your real name. 😆.... You can call me Poco or Nitzy as everybody else knows me here.😳....

Like you , I have seen numerous reel life and real life situations where a woman's character is perpetually under a scanner. Here , of course, Riddhima has been utterly stupid by digging her and Sid's grave by crying rape in front of everyone. Shankypanks is the head of Sanjivani. It must be so so shameful for him..... and even worse, it is not even true.

As you said, Shankypanks is behaving like any other helpless father who tries his best to stitch back his daughter's life which has been ruined.... and in the society we live , there is just one way of covering a woman - ask a man to shroud her in a respectful shawl.

letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Bhavz,

It is not about Sid-Riddz-Shanky. It is about how our culture and society has been conditioned to think.

DMG and many other serials are reflecting how our society works. The creatives create points that have been embedded in them not just for TRPs but the kind of culture and environment that we all have grown up in.

I am not making this post to make a critical comment on DMG or it's creatives - I am making this post to understand that Man-Woman-Honour cannot be separated.

even i am taking those three as an example as how a typical father would react or think.
Many shows and characters depict the same kind of thinking.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: esharao

poco, frm one side watever our culture says is tright coz wen these rules were made condition was different , also the condition sems to b better than todays bcoz today under the name of 'freedom' so many things r happening, they r so many ppl who doesnt thing abt " sachha pyaar" nd all this stuffs they only kno that our kid whether a boy / girl shud marry, with who have 'izzat' in society, if now shanky is thinking this is wrong now- a-days no fathe will send his daughter to find her so called love, wid a 'anjaan' boy( atleast he shud send a girl/ or padma wid her, nd if he love so much his daughter then he himself wud go wid her), so the all is shanky's mistake, i think so..( sorry if i hurt anyone)

Esha....

Rules are good as long as they don't suffocate a person's life. But strangely , in our society , all rules and regulations are mostly meant for women because on them stands the family's Honour.

Ladki ghar ki izzat hai lekin ladki ki koi izzat nahiin. She will live within the designed norms and her most vulnerable belonging is her honour.

Riddzie's honour has gone to gallows because of her own misunderstanding and her declaration of it to the world even when it is not true. But who will listen to her when she says it is untrue? The damage is done. And Shanky , like a helpless father has no option but to do all that he can to restore her honour. And in the society we live in - there is just one solution. Get a respectable man to cover her.