Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: chal_phek_mat

For Heavens's sake now please atleast check what the terms mean

Sodomy (pronounced /'s?d?mi/) is a term used today predominantly in law (derived from traditional Christian usage) to describe the act of anal sex, oral sex, or zoophilia

Rape
In criminal law, rape is an assault by a person involving sexual intercourse with another person without that person's consent.

Rape is always non-consenual, and it can be any form of sexual relation

Sodomy can be consensual, but the law of the country finds it to be unnatural means of sex

I did not want to dwell too much on the definitions as some members are underaged.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Come on, Summer ji, be open with me, we did all this in Health class.
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Come on, Summer ji, be open with me, we did all this in Health class.

Well you might be okay but then in a public forum there are others who are pretty young too. I spelt out the word for you so that you could easily check the meaning.
Meanwhile here are futher updates.😊

Feb 5, 2010

Court visits scene

Court tours KL condo together with accuser, an ex-Anwar aide

By Carolyn Hong, Malaysia Bureau Chief

A request by the defence for the closed in-camera session was granted because of the explicit nature of the details of the alleged crime. -- PHOTO: AP

KUALA LUMPUR - THE politically charged trial of Anwar Ibrahim resumed in private yesterday before the court came out from behind closed doors to visit the scene of the alleged crime.

The court toured the posh condominium in an upmarket suburb of the Malaysian capital where the prosecution says the leader of the opposition sodomised a young political aide in 2008.

The court also viewed security camera images of the alleged victim, Mr Saiful Bukhari Azlan, 25, taking a lift from the carpark to Anwar's fifth-floor unit, and leaving again about an hour and a half later.

Earlier on Thursday morning, Mr Saiful testified for about two hours in the presence of only the prosecutors, Anwar and his lawyers.

A request by the defence for the closed in-camera session was granted because of the explicit nature of the details of the alleged crime.

On Wednesday, Mr Saiful had testified that Anwar had summoned him to the upscale condo on the afternoon of June 26, 2008 to discuss work plans before making crude sexual advances towards him.

Summer3 thumbnail

Malaysia's Anwar denounces sodomy trial as 'corrupt'

Anwar Ibrahim waves to his supporters as he leaves court on February 2, 2010

The Malaysian opposition leader, Anwar Ibrahim, has appeared in court to face charges of sodomy for the second time in a decade.

Dozens of supporters greeted Mr Anwar's arrival in court, before the case was adjourned to allow defence lawyers to gain access to prosecution evidence.

Mr Anwar denounced the court proceedings as the "machinations of a dirty, corrupt few".

He could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted.

Mr Anwar - a former deputy prime minister until his sudden sacking in 1998 - served six years after an earlier sodomy conviction, but led the opposition to election gains in 2008.

He represents a major challenge to Prime Minister Najib Razak, whose coalition has held power for more than 50 years.

'Dirty tricks'

Mr Anwar was accompanied by his wife and two daughters as he entered the courtroom. Dozens of his supporters shouted "reform, reform".

The 62-year-old former deputy premier has consistently maintained that the charges against him are a political conspiracy.

In an interview with the BBC before the trial, Mr Anwar said: "I think from the very start we'll state our position and fight it out, and expose their nasty conspiracy.

"We were committed to a reform agenda. We are committed to democratic ideals and some of us may have to pay the price.

"The image of the country is severely damaged by their actions, and I think they should not underestimate the strength and wisdom of the Malaysian people."

Government officials deny there is any plot against him.

The sodomy allegations have been levelled by a 24-year-old male former aide.

On Friday, the Federal Court upheld a lower court's ruling that Mr Anwar could not have access to medical evidence held by prosecutors.

Mr Anwar's lawyer said the refusal had had "an emasculating effect in our preparation of the defence".

Rights groups have criticised the trial. Amnesty International accused the government of using "the same old dirty tricks in an attempt to remove the opposition leader from politics".

There were huge protests after Mr Anwar's first conviction for sodomy a decade ago. He was freed on appeal in 2004.

All homosexual acts are criminal in Malaysia.

The court is due to reconvene on Wednesday morning.

Summer3 thumbnail
ANALYSIS
Roger Hardy
Roger Hardy, BBC Islamic affairs analyst

Anwar Ibrahim's political journey has taken him from charismatic student leader to deputy prime minister and now his country's most prominent opposition politician.

He is a formidable political campaigner because of his popular appeal and because he has succeeded in putting together a coalition that straddles Malaysia's ethnic divisions.

This could be a make-or-break moment in Mr Anwar's tempestuous career. But for the current prime minister, Najib Razzak, putting him on trial is a politically risky strategy.

chal_phek_mat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

I did not want to dwell too much on the definitions as some members are underaged.

Sorry I disagree with your thought there, I beleive when you have a conversation have it open and complete without any bias. If there is a thought of censorship, dont bother providing half/misinformation. But that is just my thought

What's sodomoning?😕

A guy raped by a guy? How do you do that? I'm too shocked to say anything. What's going on with the world nowadays?

Google it up. It's a PG-13 forum, remember? 😉 As far as :"what's-going-on-in-this-world...", well, let's just say, the media had become much wider and news travels faster. 😆 That's all.
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

Google it up. It's a PG-13 forum, remember? 😉 As far as :"what's-going-on-in-this-world...", well, let's just say, the media had become much wider and news travels faster. 😆 That's all.

Yes, but I'm not under 13, am I?😛
Summer3 thumbnail

Feb 10, 2010

Anwar's trial postponed again

By Carolyn Hong, Malaysia Bureau Chief

KUALA LUMPUR - OPPOSITION leader Anwar Ibrahim's sodomy trial was postponed again yesterday to enable his lawyer to file more documents in relation to his application to disqualify the judge for alleged bias.

Lead counsel Karpal Singh told the High Court he needed to file an affidavit in reply to one filed by lead prosecutor Yusof Zainal Abiden on Monday.

The affidavits are for Anwar's application for Justice Mohamad Zabidin Diah to recuse himself, after Anwar claimed the judge had twice refused to censure Utusan Malaysia for its reports on the trial.

The court will hear the recusal application today.

Mr Karpal said Anwar had complained about two reports last week that he said were inaccurate. The first was over two headlines that used the word 'again' to refer to the alleged sodomy incident.

The defence contends that this is prejudicial as the charge refers to only one incident of sodomy - Anwar is charged with sodomising his former aide Saiful Bukhari Azlan on June 26, 2008.

Summer3 thumbnail

Unbelievable injustice in Malaysia but this is politics. If Anwar comes to power many of the Msia Govt people including the former PM would be in trouble. So they have to do everything to stop him. This is a high stake game.

Feb 17, 2010

Anwar's sodomy trial

Protest over Aussie criticism

Hundreds of demonstrators massed outside the Australian High Commission in the Malaysian capital to protest against criticism of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim's sodomy trial. --PHOTO: AFP

KUALA LUMPUR - HUNDREDS of demonstrators massed outside the Australian High Commission in the Malaysian capital on Wednesday to protest against criticism of opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim's sodomy trial.

More than 50 Australian MPs last week lodged a formal protest over the trial of the former deputy premier which began earlier this month, urging Malaysia to drop the case and saying it would hurt the country's image.

Some 300 demonstrators, led by the influential youth wing of the ruling party Umno, yelled slogans and carried banners calling on Australia to 'Mind your own business' during the peaceful rally which lasted less than an hour.

'If you want to ask for a fair trial, OK, but if you're asking us to drop our charges and insinuate conspiracy, then this is something that we have to address,' said Umno youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin. 'It is serious and although not reflective of the Australian government, is still considered an interference which we must protest.'

Representatives of the demonstrators were allowed into the building to deliver a memorandum to High Commissioner (ambassador) Penny Williams.

'We welcomed them coming and making those representations, and we undertook to convey those concerns back to Canberra,' an official from the high commission told AFP. 'Both we and the people we saw this morning did make a clear distinction that these were the personal views of Australian MPs and that was something that our Malaysian visitors today completely understood.' --