Dirty politics Malaysia -Anwar sodomy case

Posted: 14 years ago

Politics can be rough and dirty. It is impossible to fight against the ruling and dominating party.

The opposition candidate is again being framed and accused by the main party in Malaysia. They got someone to testify that he had sexual relations (sodomy) with the opposition Candidate, Anwar Ibrahim. Anwar is a brilliant orator but not street smart enough I think.
Doctors that examined the so called "victim" was earlier checked by doctors and no evidence found but ruling party can do whatever they want.

Feb 4, 2010
ANWAR SODOMY TRIAL

Saiful testifies in-camera

KUALA LUMPUR - THE sodomy trial of Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim enters its second day on Thursday with accuser Saiful Bukhari Azlan continuing his testimony in-camera.

Anwar arrived at the court room at 10.02am and the hearing started at 10.30am. Ramkarpal Singh Deo, who is among Anwar's lawyers, said Mr Saiful was still under examination-in-chief by Solicitor-General II Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden.

The former Anwar special aide was the first witness to take the stand when the trial opened before High Court Judge Datuk Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah in a packed court on Wednesday.

The 63-year-old Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) advisor and former deputy premier is charged with sodomising Saiful in a flat at an upscale Kuala Lumpur condominium between 3.01pm and 4.30pm on June 26, 2008. He faces up to 20 years in jail if convicted. The trial takes place 18 months after Anwar was charged in court in August 2008.

Anwar's lead counsel Karpal Singh had asked for Mohd Saiful's testimony to be heard in-camera when the latter, under the prosecution's examination-in-chief, was describing what happened in the condominium that day. Mr Saiful, 25, told the court that Anwar had asked him for sex at the condominium after he went there to hand over documents to Anwar and discuss their work schedule.

In his testimony, he said he had worked for Anwar for four months, from early March 2008 to June 28 of the same year, and stopped being Anwar's special aide because he did not want to be sodomised by Anwar any more. -- BERNAMA

Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago

Feb 4, 2010

Daughter's outburst stuns court

ANWAR SODOMY TRIAL

KUALA LUMPUR - THOSE present at Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim sodomy trial were stunned when one of his daughters shouted 'Bertaubatlah! (repent!)' as key witness Saiful Bukhari Azlan walked into the courtroom.

Mr Saiful, 25, who was clad in dark blue jacket and pants, calmly walked to the witness stand without turning to look at the woman, who was seated in the first row of the packed courtroom.

Anwar's wife, Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, touched her daughter's shoulder urging her to remain silent in court. Earlier, Anwar pleaded not guilty to the sodomy charge, saying that it was frivolous. 'It is a malicious charge and slanderous,' he said when a court interpreter read the charge to him on the first day of the high-profile trial.

Lead prosecutor Solicitor-General II Datuk Mohd Yusof Zainal Abiden then proceeded to read out a three-page opening statement. Many in the public gallery shook their heads when he read out the statement. He then called Mr Saiful, the first witness, to testify.

Earlier, Anwar's lead counsel Karpal Singh applied to stay the trial pending the parties' meeting with Court of Appeal president Justice Alauddin Mohd Sheriff to get an early date for the hearing of appeal by Anwar over his failure to strike out his sodomy charge.

'This trial should not be rushed. It will be in accordance with law to exhaust all legal remedy which are open to us,' he said. DPP Mohd Yusof however argued that the trial should proceed as a stay had been denied by the High Court on Tuesday. Justice Mohamad Zabidin Mohd Diah then ordered for the sodomy trial to proceed, saying that he did not see any reason to postpone it. -- THE STAR/ANN

Read also:
Saiful testifies in-camera
Anwar asked for sex: Saiful
Anwar accuser stuns court

Would not be much of a case if sodomy was legal, would it?
Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago

When someone screams Rape or someone performed sodomy. I tend to give them a benefit of doubt. For a person to getup and say that happened takes a lot of courage or guts.

Now I am not against any kind of consensual sex, but this seems to be more of a quid-pro-quo situation. And I think that should be  punished
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Yes you are right.😆
But he was convicted of something similar.
But the current Malaysian PM , Najib, was involved with some Mongolian beauty who was subsequetly murdered ( many say was fixed by the wife out of jealousy). Imagine the poor girl was bomb blasted.
Understand some monies were paid to her parents.
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

When someone screams Rape or someone performed sodomy. I tend to give them a benefit of doubt. For a person to getup and say that happened takes a lot of courage or guts.

Now I am not against any kind of consensual sex, but this seems to be more of a quid-pro-quo situation. And I think that should be  punished
Frankly I do not see this as a big thing. All blown out of proportion to extract revenge.
But politics knows no morals and it is every man for himself. 
Originally posted by Summer3

Frankly I do not see this as a big thing. All blown out of proportion to extract revenge.
But politics knows no morals and it is every man for himself. 

Why isnt it a big thing?

Is it because it is a man?
or you do not see  sexual favors asked from a man to be quid-pro-quo?
Would your reaction change if this was a woman claiming the man forced her to have sex with him to get something done?
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

Why isnt it a big thing?

Is it because it is a man?
or you do not see  sexual favors asked from a man to be quid-pro-quo?
Would your reaction change if this was a woman claiming the man forced her to have sex with him to get something done?
Initially the doctor that examined the victim and found no evidence of any sex and nothing was found. But subsequently the doc was removed. and 3 days later they planted some evidence on the victim.

At worst it is consensual sex and not rape.
Malaysia has a history of  bribing and controllinig the Judges, so I think Mr. Anwar will land in jail pretty easily.
Originally posted by Summer3

Initially the doctor that examined the victim and found no evidence of any sex and nothing was found. But subsequently the doc was removed. and 3 days later they planted some evidence on the victim.

Finding an evidence on the 2nd instance is very common on sexual assault cases, that doesnt mean the sex didnt happen, most of the in sexual assault cases the first physican called to do tests has no experience on sexual assault cases

At worst it is consensual sex and not rape.
Malaysia has a history of  bribing and controllinig the Judges, so I think Mr. Anwar will land in jail pretty easily.

Who is talking about rape here? First thing Sodomy is a crime in Malaysia. Second this is a quid-pro-quo.

If you are ok with the quid-pro-quo, then the below should also be acceptable to you
Suppose a female employee of your company is called into the office by the male boss and told that unless she has sex with him she wont be retaining her job and she gives in. 
Originally posted by return_to_hades

So you are fine with quid-pro-quo here😉