Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: *Shruti*

Nitz it's always a pleasure to read you post.

You summarized everything so beautifullyπŸ‘πŸ‘.....Thank you!πŸ€—

Sid and Riddhima are two people whose hearts are broken in love.

Sid is carefree, fun loving who believed in enjoying life to fullest didn't even realize when
he fell for Tamana, the girl he fought with the most her. He kept reminding himself this is the same girl with whom he use to fight all the time how can he fall for her. It was a fight of mind and heart for Sid where his heart knew he has fallen for Tam but his mind said vice versa. Finally when he realized it was late. Tamana's parents had found a match for their daughter who had all the qualities any mother would want their daughter's life partner to have. True. It took Sid rather long to understand that he had fallen in love with Tamanna - he was confused and in denial most of the time. But even when it struck him , he stuck to his immature ways of conveying his emotions to her instead of taking it up like a responsible much-in-love man. Sid mostly went around in circles for Tamanna and it was too late.

Tamana went from Sid's life telling him he would find true love one day. She gifted him a laughing buddha with a wish that it brings lot of happiness and new love in his life. Sid was grateful to her bcoz she taught him that "When you love someone let him go if he comes to you she is yours if not he never was" Sid said to himself he can never forget Tamana. Absolutely. I love the way the whole airport sequence was done. Sid and Tammz parted on such amicable terms with both of them wishing the very best to each-other. Tamanna made Sid believe that luck would favour him by giving him that lovely Laughing Buddha and more than Sid , she believed that he would find love again and this time for keeps. It was so feel-good.

We saw various shades in Sid's character. At times he was like a small kid who had no idea what happens in the real world , emotional side,
a guy who stood up against old customs/traditions, a friend who consoled and stood by side of his friends when they needed them-YuNa, emotionally blackmailing JP-Jiggy, getting things done his way a guy.Sid's evolution has been amazing , really. Sanjivani and the people involved really changed him.

Riddhima on the other side was filled with anger and hatred. The guy she loved more than her life left her when she needed him the most. She started believing there is nothing called true love that exists in the world. She started working like a machine, tried to keep herself busy and not to get attach to things bcoz of fear that she might get hurt later due to her attachment. Riddhima was and is angriest at herself and that is why all her internal hatred is spewed on everyone. Simply because she doesn't know what to do with herself and stop her heart from aching.

What happen when these two people cross each other's path-slap, insult, hatred and revenge. They left no stone unturned to put each other down. The only thing that could be seen was bitterness. This hatred had to come to an end one day.

Riddhima after knowing the truth that the guy she loved more than her life and hated him from past 9 months thinking he left her was not true, the only thing she can think of is to find Armaan. She wants to apologize to him and tell him noone can separate them.

Shashank requested Sid to go with Riddhima and not to let her know he had send him. Sid agreed. Riddhima thoughts about Sid didn't change. She doesn't wants to trust him nor does she wants his help. Sid who has seen Riddhima's craziness for Armaan and promised to help her in this search and unite AR followed her despite knowing what Riddhima thinks on this. Bingo. Sid's opinion on Riddhima as a woman stands the same but he empathizes with the shattered lover in her. As his nature is , he cannot bear to see anyone in pain and this emotional side of him has hung and hooked him with Shashank , Riddhima and the hunt for Armaan.

Sid can somewhere understand Riddhim's pain as he had gone through the same when he lost his love and knows how it feels when you love someone and the person goes away from your life.

Two people who never had nothing good to say or think about each other entered each other life and their lives changed forever. They met each other at worse phase of their life and brought out worst in each other. It's not about hate or love. It's about two people who had no connection with each other, destiny has put them together.
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
πŸ‘

sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Before people pick up their rotten eggs and choicest abuses to hurl at me....

This post is not about Sid-Riddhima's honeymoon in Las Vegas.. This post is not about Sid-Riddz singing Yash Chopra duets in Baden Baden ...dekha ek khwab toh yeh silsile hue πŸ˜†(Germany). This post is not a moony-eyed description of  a love story between them. This post is not about how we all will die if they both are not plucked and put-together. ............🀣

This post is about their tamarind roller-coaster relationship where they have been simply picked up from their respective lives and planted in each-others' lives to serve a purpose. It is not about hatred or love - it is about a man and a woman trying to sort out their individual lives.....love how you wrote this.I really like the way the creatives introduced them into each other's lives.Ridz walks in from the same direction that Tamanna left.And Sid was standing in the same route towards which Riddhima didnt really want to walk.... which  while amazed at the way creatives.... oops, destiny has put them together to be each-others' detractor and supporter as well.

Riddhima - a sensitive woman hit by tragic strokes of destiny. A woman who had a rather plateau-ed love story with a wonderful man like Armaan. It was a rather happy-sad tragic love story which ended in misery for both Riddhima and Armaan. Armaan , his whole life did little more than convincing Riddhima perpetually that he loves her and won't betray her. And when the time came when they could be together, fate separated them.....you know that is why I feel really,really sad for him...most of his time with Ridz went in convincing her that she is the only one for him and when that time came where they could be one,it was snatched away from him so brutally.He could have stayed,could have spent whatever time he had left with her but instead he chose to suffer alone so that she wont be hurt.  Leaving behind a sick Armaan who may never recover from his neural disease and an embittered Riddhima who lost faith in everything and began hating the whole world. And this tragedy-struck , angst ridden woman , with no sense or consciouness of her own being has set out to hunt for Armaan..... but clueless , uncertain of the future and in middle of nowhere.

And then, there is Siddhant - a footloose , careless , self-centered  spoilt brat with not a care for the world but gifted with a sensitive , feeling heart , a boy-man for whom life meant sunshine. His silken cocoon broke when Tamanna entered his life. He fell inh love with her simplicity , her purity , her beauty. For him , she symbolized whatever that is wonderful, pristine and beautiful. But this man was destined for heartbreak and it happedn to him. Tamanna rejected him for her own personal reasons but gifted him a reluctant dream that he will find his true love one day. And that incident turned this footloose spoiled dude into a mature responsible man who healed Yuvi and Naina and smiled through his tears. Today, there is not even a glimpse of the kiddish rich kid in him. He is every inch a responsible and sensitized man who makes you wish that he was real, just like Armaan, Atul and Abhi. ......*sigh* I wish people like Sid existed in real life too.

Yet , there are certain things that are common in both of them - heartbreak, betrayal of fate , internal grief and angst.

And then , these two met - crossing each-others' paths in the most unpleasant and distasteful way. Slaps, insults , fights , revenge ., misery .... they gave all possible bitterness to each-other. In literary sense, it was the reaction of characters towards each-other because they met each-other when they were at their worst in their life - somehow , they personified what all they hated and what all they have lost in each-other. That is how irrational hatred springs and it did. For Riddhima, the hatred was bitterly emotional and for Sid. purely reactionary. ...Nice line.Agree.....somewhere they reminded each other of their lost loves...and they entered each other's lives at a time where they were both hurting deeply.They are known for being the sweetest persons but put them together and they bring out the worst in each other.πŸ˜†

But there is a limit upto whch you can hate and it had to end. But that revelation of Armaan and Shashank did not make them the best of friends. Riddhima stayed put in her prejudiced opinion of him and Sid saw her in a sympathetic view but refuses to be her friend. He is looking after her because he has given his word to Shashank . He relates to Riddhima's pain but she is nothing more than an obligatory responsibility to him. He is doing this for Shankypanks , not Riddhima. But he genuinely wants to help Riddhima find Armaan so that her pain ends. ......I love this line of yours.He has a simple,loving heart because of which he is taking so much trouble to help Riddhima.....just to end her pain.His animosity towards her hasnt changed.He told her clearly that he isnt her property and that had she been a man,he wouldnt have spared her.But just because he knows what it is to lose your love,because he has promised Shashank and because he cant see anyone in so much pain even if it is a person he hates,he is going out of his way to help her.I so love Sid.😍

Forget , love , affection , friendship - the creatives have consciously or unconsciously carved a very different human-to-human equation between Sid and Riddhima . Exploring a facet of  human bonding where two people who have absolutely nothing to do with each-other enter each-other's lives like a stormy wind and the lives are changed forever. There is no emotion , no feeling - but there is a human connection that threads them together......Exactly! Even though they hardly know each other,they have formed this strange connection which cannot be defined really.Sometimes it happens that we cant connect with people we have known for years but we can form a strong bond with a person who is a complete stranger......and that's what Sid and Ridz will have.If the creatives allow,this stange connection has the capacity to turn into a very strong bond.It need not be love, feelings, friendship...just a solid bond. A sub conscious human connection. Riddhima is in a pitiable state today but someday , she  will be eternall grateful to Sid and Sid, no matter what he thinks of her will see her with fond thought someday....well said.πŸ‘

Whatever the future of the Sid-Riddz track , I hand it to the creatives for exploring possibilties of different equations between men and women , more so, human and human in these two characters. The weird twists of destiny , even in real life... when people come to your life like  a slap in your face and you wonder what is your connection to them and how they help you find who you really are. ......I know for once they are straying from the conventional and I hope they continue to do so....it has given the show a fresh outlook.

The reason i like this track is because it strongly reminds me of one of my favourite books - Full Circle. In there , the protagonist , the girl , throughout the novel had a platonic but subtly personal friendship with her best freind Harry - hot and cold, angry and loving , full of all possible shades of human heart and psyche and it ended in tragedy with Harry dying due to a terminal illness. She cried like a baby but he told her she will find him again - he will always be with her. I don't know why Sid-Riddz remind me so much of that relationship. .....that sounds like a good book.You know Sid-Ridz kinda remind me of all time fav couple Buffy and Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer......Buffy never loved anyone as much as she loved Angel but her bond with Spike was just something else.They had a very tumultuous relationship but in the end they were the closest to each other mentally.For me Sid-Ridz remind me very much of Buffy and Spike.....of course character-wise speaking they are very different.

Genuine Request : If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. There is a difference between opinions and biased bitterness , so let's shake hands and keep out of each-other's way.
😳

Edited by sidsk - 14 years ago
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Thank you so much for replying , Sidzy! πŸ€—

I am glad that you liked what I wrote. Thank you so much and your views actually make the Sid-Riddz track sound much better than it actually is. Hehhehe. I need not add anything further more. You have said everything!

Love and luck always,

GOD bless you. 😳

artizia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Poco dear , once again you have touched a hearty string.

After reading ur post , somewhere my thoughts abtthe creatives have changed .

I never looked at the human human connection being portrayed ....

loved it

Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Its so touching talking about the human human connection
Wrackspurt thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nice post Poco .........to tell the truth the i dont think the CVs thought so in depth about this relationship between Sid and Ridz.......but the way u put it, the depth of Sid-Ridz relation has come up beautifully 😳
Lennie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mysticwater24

Nice post Poco .........to tell the truth the i dont think the CVs thought so in depth about this relationship between Sid and Ridz.......but the way u put it, the depth of Sid-Ridz relation has come up beautifully 😳

It does come across so well esp when one thinks about it so much and see what is happening, Pocu is spot on 😳
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
@Mysticwater and Lennzie

I don't think creatives have time to think in that depth. Not that they don't want to but deadlines for screenplays , shoots , channel inputs etc eat up half of their brains. But yeah , when they start off a new track , they put definite thought into it.

I am walking cupboard of literature ,so i have a tendency to treat fictional characters as studies in psyche and human relationships. So, in this post i basically turned the two characters into a study of human psychology and behavioral sciences.

@Samicute. Thanks for reading through.

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: KehanT

Poco dear , once again you have touched a hearty string.

After reading ur post , somewhere my thoughts abtthe creatives have changed .

I never looked at the human human connection being portrayed ....

loved it

Thank you. dear. For seeing reason in my post and what I was trying to say. πŸ€—

God bless you!