30/1 - Sid-Riddhima - Borne out of angst and grief

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Before people pick up their rotten eggs and choicest abuses to hurl at me....

This post is not about Sid-Riddhima's honeymoon in Las Vegas. This post is not about Sid-Riddz singing Yash Chopra duets in Baden Baden (Germany). This post is not a moony-eyed description of  a love story between them. This post is not about how we all will die if they both are not plucked and put-together.

This post is about their tamarind roller-coaster relationship where they have been simply picked up from their respective lives and planted in each-others' lives to serve a purpose. It is not about hatred or love - it is about a man and a woman trying to sort out their individual lives while amazed at the way creatives.... oops, destiny has put them together to be each-others' detractor and supporter as well.

Riddhima - a sensitive woman hit by tragic strokes of destiny. A woman who had a rather plateau-ed love story with a wonderful man like Armaan. It was a rather happy-sad tragic love story which ended in misery for both Riddhima and Armaan. Armaan , his whole life did little more than convincing Riddhima perpetually that he loves her and won't betray her. And when the time came when they could be together, fate separated them. Leaving behind a sick Armaan who may never recover from his neural disease and an embittered Riddhima who lost faith in everything and began hating the whole world. And this tragedy-struck , angst ridden woman , with no sense or consciouness of her own being has set out to hunt for Armaan..... but clueless , uncertain of the future and in middle of nowhere.

And then, there is Siddhant - a footloose , careless , self-centered  spoilt brat with not a care for the world but gifted with a sensitive , feeling heart , a boy-man for whom life meant sunshine. His silken cocoon broke when Tamanna entered his life. He fell inh love with her simplicity , her purity , her beauty. For him , she symbolized whatever that is wonderful, pristine and beautiful. But this man was destined for heartbreak and it happedn to him. Tamanna rejected him for her own personal reasons but gifted him a reluctant dream that he will find his true love one day. And that incident turned this footloose spoiled dude into a mature responsible man who healed Yuvi and Naina and smiled through his tears. Today, there is not even a glimpse of the kiddish rich kid in him. He is every inch a responsible and sensitized man who makes you wish that he was real, just like Armaan, Atul and Abhi.

Yet , there are certain things that are common in both of them - heartbreak, betrayal of fate , internal grief and angst.

And then , these two met - crossing each-others' paths in the most unpleasant and distasteful way. Slaps, insults , fights , revenge ., misery .... they gave all possible bitterness to each-other. In literary sense, it was the reaction of characters towards each-other because they met each-other when they were at their worst in their life - somehow , they personified what all they hated and what all they have lost in each-other. That is how irrational hatred springs and it did. For Riddhima, the hatred was bitterly emotional and for Sid. purely reactionary.

But there is a limit upto whch you can hate and it had to end. But that revelation of Armaan and Shashank did not make them the best of friends. Riddhima stayed put in her prejudiced opinion of him and Sid saw her in a sympathetic view but refuses to be her friend. He is looking after her because he has given his word to Shashank . He relates to Riddhima's pain but she is nothing more than an obligatory responsibility to him. He is doing this for Shankypanks , not Riddhima. But he genuinely wants to help Riddhima find Armaan so that her pain ends.

Forget , love , affection , friendship - the creatives have consciously or unconsciously carved a very different human-to-human equation between Sid and Riddhima . Exploring a facet of  human bonding where two people who have absolutely nothing to do with each-other enter each-other's lives like a stormy wind and the lives are changed forever. There is no emotion , no feeling - but there is a human connection that threads them together. A sub conscious human connection. Riddhima is in a pitiable state today but someday , she  will be eternally grateful to Sid and Sid, no matter what he thinks of her will see her with fond thought someday.

Whatever the future of the Sid-Riddz track , I hand it to the creatives for exploring possibilties of different equations between men and women , more so, human and human in these two characters. The weird twists of destiny , even in real life... when people come to your life like  a slap in your face and you wonder what is your connection to them and how they help you find who you really are.

The reason i like this track is because it strongly reminds me of one of my favourite books - Full Circle. In there , the protagonist , the girl , throughout the novel had a platonic but subtly personal friendship with her best freind Harry - hot and cold, angry and loving , full of all possible shades of human heart and psyche and it ended in tragedy with Harry dying due to a terminal illness. She cried like a baby but he told her she will find him again - he will always be with her. I don't know why Sid-Riddz remind me so much of that relationship.

Genuine Request : If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. There is a difference between opinions and biased bitterness , so let's shake hands and keep out of each-other's way.
😳
Edited by Pocahontas - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Wow Nitz, you summed it up.. Sid and Riddhima share a strong bond which pulls them towards each other, but they don't share an emotions between them. The way these characters are characterized and the way they connect is well established by the CV's. I would seriously wanna see how these people walk on the path of life, two different beings.. One broken in love, one dead in love, and how they make life the way it is supposed to be.
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Nits u have defined them sooo well.... Hats off to u👏
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenny1000

Wow Nitz, you summed it up.. Sid and Riddhima share a strong bond which pulls them towards each other, but they don't share an emotions between them. The way these characters are characterized and the way they connect is well established by the CV's. I would seriously wanna see how these people walk on the path of life, two different beings.. One broken in love, one dead in love, and how they make life the way it is supposed to be.

Thank you, Jenny. I am not even thinking of a love story between them as of now. I just like seeing this angst-ridden equation between the two characters.I am liking it how it is as of now. 😃
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Kalindi-

Nits u have defined them sooo well.... Hats off to u👏

Thank you, Kalindi. I would love to know your thoughts though. 😳
JennyPenny thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Nitz, I posted a vm in our thread;) 😃
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: jenny1000

Nitz, I posted a vm in our thread;) 😃

Alrightiez honey! Checking it now. 😃
mishti_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Pocahontas

Thank you, Kalindi. I would love to know your thoughts though. 😳

Hmm Ok .The first meeting of Sid n Ridz was only enough 4 everyone to tell that they are gonna be enemies like neva before.Both of them were goin thru the same, HEARTBREAK.😕. They had nothing in common except 4 that n that they are doctors...But their bonding is very unique, u cannot give a definite name to that. I hate u but still wanna be wid u is what Sid thinks, isliye even after she slappin him again n gain he is wid her n Ridz on the other hand is clueless what she is doin n why???That yesterday suicide attempt proves it... I hope the creatives work on this bonding of theirs, really wanna see them both interacting inspite of not likin each other.. We either like a person or dont but what Sid-Ridz share between themselves is different..Its Unique......
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Kalindi-

Hmm Ok .The first meeting of Sid n Ridz was only enough 4 everyone to tell that they are gonna be enemies like neva before.Both of them were goin thru the same, HEARTBREAK.😕. They had nothing in common except 4 that n that they are doctors...But their bonding is very unique, u cannot give a definite name to that. I hate u but still wanna be wid u is what Sid thinks, isliye even after she slappin him again n gain he is wid her n Ridz on the other hand is clueless what she is doin n why???That yesterday suicide attempt proves it... I hope the creatives work on this bonding of theirs, really wanna see them both interacting inspite of not likin each other.. We either like a person or dont but what Sid-Ridz share between themselves is different..Its Unique......

Yes. I think you have got the right word for their equation. It is rather 'unique'. What makes it watchable is that it is so angry , hurtful, suffering and full of pained emotions and grief. They are with each-other even while you wonder what they will do to each-other. Personally, I feel Riddzie will come out of her hysteric situation next week - and once that shock evaporates, they both will look for Armaan in a civilized manner. They need to be civil to each-other and that includes Sid as well even though he is trying his best to take care of her.
koolaries4 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nits that was beautiful.. you make this track alot more bearable.. lol.. and yes, i dont think there can be a love story between the two.. Sid is following/taking care of ridhimma because he has given his word to Shashank.. lol.. and Ridz is just herself..

but somewhere along the line, they will be grateful to each other..

PS:- i cant seem to find your YuNa post!! :(