Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Lift Kara dey.
Well lifting is part of the everyday habits of Bollywood. 😆

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: gengarjetty2

chetan is right.. aaamir is a fake person anyway.. tries to make "model movies" and pay "income tax" one one side and runs away with his wife and is quite a haughty person in real life other wise(as told to me by osme musician who saw aamir).. whil srk goes and tries to find some ex  peon of his a job.. actually ran around trying to do so, now thats called being a real human :) rafi saahab would have been proud.. he himself gave some unemployed musician 5 lacs out of the blue :)

ANYWAY enough on that LOL..

i havent read or watched, so will have to do both first.

Actually, it is true that Aamir Khan is arrogant and quite a pain to work with and quite OCD over his roles.(based on feedback from people who worked with him for TZP)  He even had a falling out with Amole Gupte while working on Taare Zameen Par. He is not exactly rude or disrespectful, he just needs things to go his way. If you do not conflict or disagree, he is pretty great to work with and really nice. I do not think that makes him dishonest or out to cheat Chetan Bhagat unfairly - but as I said - I do not know the Chetan side.

karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
My initial reaction is that when it comes to giving credit to people from whom one gets inspirations then our bollywood is way behind. In addition, it is not restricted to bollywood and is widespread in many other fields like education system, for example project reports etc.

Regarding 3 idiots, I heard that they just put his name at a very small corner, at the end, in the credits. If one wants to look at a good example then look at 'Slumdog Millionaire'. The director gave quiet a good credit to the writer of the original novel.
(will post more after checking more details)
Edited by karandel_2008 - 14 years ago
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@RTH: out of random, this topic reminds me that one of my friend is also writing a book. He might become Chetan Bhagat one day.

Why dont you write a book? You are a good writer.
Edited by karandel_2008 - 14 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: karandel_2008

@RTH: out of random, this topic reminds me that one of my friend is also writing a book. He might become Chetan Bhagat one day.

Why dont you write a book? You are a good writer.

I spend way too much time on IF for that. 😆
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Last night I watched 3 Idiots...Very nice movie👏....I think for a film script is importent than story....how they script and direct the movie is importent....in 3I movie scripting and dialogs was soo good ,my opinion is credit should give the script writer, not the story writer...😊

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I spend way too much time on IF for that. 😆

so write on IF 😆
Yea, RTH you can do it !!
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Last night I watched 3 Idiots...Very nice movie👏....I think for a film script is importent than story....how they script and direct the movie is importent....in 3I movie scripting and dialogs was soo good ,my opinion is credit should give the script writer, not the story writer...😊

Agreed that the story has to B well adapted to make a good movie , dialogues & presentation is imp but the original story should also b given its fair due. Whats the harm in sharing credit? I have still to read the book & watch the movie but I saw  chetans & 3 I teams interview. Chetan seemed to B hurt & felt cheated.

its very clear that aamir khan and gang r saving their few bucks and keeping all the credit to himself. during TZP also he kept all the credit when the whole thing was done by screenplay writer9forgot his name). every one who has read the book and seen the movie is saying that is a total adaptation of his book. vidhu vinod chopra even shouted at the press which clearly shows that they r at fault. bcoz had they been right they wont shout like this, they would be cool. did not expect this from aamir.

what ever may be the case but one thing is there that now more people will go and watch the movie and also read the book. so this could also be a conspiracy between CB and aamir.Edited by angelic_devil - 14 years ago