Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: desigal90

They did give him credit, but the controversy starts on HOW MUCH

Desu they did give him credit.. but he wasnt given equal credit compared to the other two writers of the story... despite the fact that Chetan's novel was basis and core stuff.. of the plot that other two writers came up with.
Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: adios

And Hirani himself said that he takes around 2 to 3 years to write a script but because it was inspired it took him about a year. So ofcourse Chetan deserves equal amount of credit just like the writers.. cauz he saved them time and he did came up with the core of the story.

that's what i think as well. Give the guy the credit. Movie has touched so many hearts, VVC made so much money. Is it too hard to give CB the credit? now Poor guy will be receiving court papers? Just because he stated his feelings on his blog lol
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I guess I just feel that wha'ts the big deal with teh whole credit in teh beginning vs end thing
Perhaps both sides have a point. I just dont see how "aamir is trying to get publicity or is being unfair".
Hirani made such beautiful movies and seems like a good humble man. If Chetan has his side of the story I also heard Hirani's, and they both seem hurt.
I don't think Aamir is being unfair he is right in his stance about the legality and playing by the book.. I have always seen that Aamir is true to his words and plays by the book.. and he is correct in his way.. And Aamir talked with utmost respect.. but its vidhu who came across as rude and arrogant. The point is as zaru said! Whats the diff.. just give the guy front credit.. cauz I personally think he deserves it.

But overall I dont think any party is right or wrong.. people are just fighting for their beliefs and lets see who gets the last word.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

They did give him credit, but the controversy starts on HOW MUCH

but at the end .....
what if Kareena's name for her 30 mints role wld have come at the end in between spot boy and accountants intsead of intial credits? .....
desigal90 thumbnail
And that's put beautifully adios!
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: minnie.reet

but at the end .....
what if Kareena's name for her 30 mints role wld have come at the end in between spot boy and accountants intsead of intial credits? .....

No quetsion about it, coz while Chetan vs Hirani's war is about an abstract concept such as "how much a story contributed to the mvoie", (hence the controversy adn grey areas) kareean is visibly in front of the cameras. She's an integral character who takes the story forward.

Honestly all Bollywood movies should be sued for ripping off plots, and many Indian music directors deserve the court orders as well. Anyhow, I haven't read the book, and neither have I seen the film yet, but I will watch it today. VC was a douche with the way he spoke to the journalists and the author of FP's just wants more, and I am sure he deserves it. At least he was given credit in the end of the movie, because most of the Bollywood A - listers forget to do that as well. Why is Amir Khan at fault though? He's making statements under the pressure of the Production house, it's as simple. Why is it that the author of FP's is speaking now about it,when he had know previously about the issue? Oh well, if it is the man's work, then he fully deserves the credit.

Edited by zainab25 - 14 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Aamir is beign blamed because finally ppl found SOME reason to put him down, lol!
Aamir is merely an actor who is creatively involved in teh film adn from the video I saw, he wants to support Raju HIrani. Aamir was also very respectful in teh press confereenc when the media flared up due to mr VVC.
I trust Hirani, seems liek a very simple, sweet man.
VVC on the other hand is an idiot. Very rude and arrogant.

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

No quetsion about it, coz while Chetan vs Hirani's war is about an abstract concept such as "how much a story contributed to the mvoie", (hence the controversy adn grey areas) kareean is visibly in front of the cameras. She's an integral character who takes the story forward.

here u r proving how her name shld be at intitial credits bcz she is an integral character of the story 😆 ...but the Whole Story is of CB's .....and u r ok his name came at the end.....

abt bold part- what a reason her name was in intiail credits ...so directors r also not visible to camera but their names come alone in intial credits bcz its they the one who direct the movie so u mean their names shld also come at the end bcz they r not visible to camera 😆