Mathematical secret of life

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Slower pulse rate = longer life as per article below.
Stretching it further the more we breathe the greater our physical awareness of our bodies.
If breathing = Zero, there is no physical awareness
The mind too plays a role as control of the breath helps in the control of the mind which can then be directed away from physical awareness to spiritual awareness
So secret lies in our breathing patterns.πŸ˜‰

" How is one to explain the subtle ways in which various characteristics of living creatures -- their life spans, their pulse rates, how fast they burn energy -- change according to their body size?
As animals get bigger, from tiny shrew to huge blue whale, pulse rates slow down and life spans stretch out longer, conspiring so that the number of heartbeats during an average stay on Earth tends to be roughly the same, around a billion. A mouse just uses them up more quickly than an elephant.

Mysteriously, these and a large variety of other phenomena change with body size according to a precise mathematical principle called quarter-power scaling. A cat, 100 times more massive than a mouse, lives about 100 to the one-quarter power, or about three times, longer. (To calculate this number take the square root of 100, which is 10 and then take the square root of 10, which is 3.2.) Heartbeat scales to mass to the minus one-quarter power. The cat's heart thus beats a third as fast as a mouse's. "

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Of all things that fascinates very slow relaxed natural breathing is what I like best, for we then slip into the unknown regions of the mind wherein there is a hidden door. Within the hall of the mind the universe is sprawled in all its majestic colours too.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. ---By Cary Grant
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. ---By Cary Grant

Vinu ji so you have no time for any Kuris or time to smell the roses.πŸ˜†
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
How about E=MC^2? E= enlightment, M=mental health and C^2= ????πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Well, I really have no life mantra. I just think "All izz well"!!!!
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Summer3

Vinu ji so you have no time for any Kuris or time to smell the roses.πŸ˜†

Actuly for these things, more than money ,we have to Invest time ...so now a days no time think about kuris...and Actuly who dont like to smell roses, I like to watch the roses its better than smelling..thats why plan to take a rose plantπŸ˜†
Edited by Believe - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

How about E=MC^2? E= enlightment, M=mental health and C^2= ????πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Well, I really have no life mantra. I just think "All izz well"!!!!

Enlightenment = Mind Conquer (internal n external)πŸ˜†
Well in actual fact the soul is ever enlightened, but temporarily caught in Maya.
Problem is that Maya is so beautiful.πŸ˜†
Summer3 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Actuly for these things, more than money ,we have to Invest time ...so now a days no time think about kuris...and Actuly who dont like to smell roses, I like to watch the roses its better than smelling..thats why plan to take a rose plantπŸ˜†

Only through detachment can we own that which is most precious ( so they say).
Hope u can figure it out in your rose garden.πŸ˜†
chimuli thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

How about E=MC^2? E= enlightment, M=mental health and C^2= ????πŸ˜†πŸ˜†Well, I really have no life mantra. I just think "All izz well"!!!!

C^2
Craziness quotient πŸ˜†

About the topic,chain ki saas lo...πŸ˜›
Oops tooo busy for itπŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The only mathematical secret to life is Phi 1.618 the golden number.

Or simply 32. You just need to ask the right question.
Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago