He came, he saw, he conquered- ode to the Gopikas

chalia thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
๐Ÿ˜‰ I pride (used to) myself as being a human of average intelligence, equipped with the maturity to discern reality from make believe. However, much to my chagrin i was only recently rudely awakened to the fact that sometimes the human mind thrives on an obsession with the unattainable --addiction? And who but this group of "Gopikas" that prowl La La Land had the temerity to drag me into the murky depths, so much so that I am amazed at just how often i have to by default visit La La Land and interact with its inhabitants.
The current heart throb of La La Land metamorphosizes between monster and monarch from monday to friday every week, as he leads the Gopikas on this merry chase from his mansion to desolate lakes, where he chooses to romance his long suffering lady love.
It was only yesterday that within a period of two hours that the Gopikas who live in several continents met to debate the consequences of the space of 2 millimetres between two sets of lips. So, i cannot be faulted when i quote "DM came, he saw and he conquered", all within 60 seconds of screen space.
So, to come to the point of debate;
1. What is it that converts us from being perfectly normal women to ones that prowl La La Land ogling at strange men?
2. Are we humans voyeurs by genetic configuration that we thrive on the action packed love lives of our omnipotent heroes?
3. Are our lives so entwined with mediocrity that DM looms larger than life in our free time?
This is a tribute to my virtual friends, the Gopikas who have been enticing me to enter their fold. Ok, if you cant beat them, join them? Long live Gopikas of La La Land. ๐Ÿ˜†What the h...ll ! lets have fun while it lasts?
Edited by chalia - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
very good one
so Jai ho sab gopikas ki
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you for this ode to the Gopikas. It is because of them that this forum is so active. They make it rock.

About the current heart throb of la la land who pendulums between monster and monarch 5 days a week - I would say hats of the to actor playing the character who can bring about different kinds of emotions amongst the female viewers of the serial. Love him or hate him, advocate for him or bash him, he does bring us all out to post our views and comments. You said it very well - 'DM came, he saw and he conquered' all within 45 seconds of screen time.

Coming to the points of your debate, I would say that it is perfectly NORMAL for women to enter la la land and ogle at good looking men/actors they are fans of.. If is all right for men to ogle at actresses/heroines and women in general, why not the other way around? I believe in equality between men and women.

As a general rule, women are genetically wired to be romantics at heart. We are suckers for romance age does not matter - whether you are 18 or 80. And therefore thriving on the love lives of our omnipotent heroes is a huge thing.

Whether our lives are mediocre or full, everyone needs their own space and to be allowed into the world of make believe. It is not mediocrity but what is going on all around in the world around us. On most days we hardly get any good news about the goings on in our world. If DM can alleviate some of what we go through on a day to day basis then it is a good and positive thing.

I am concluding with seconding what you have said. Let us have fun while it lasts. No matter what one feels about DM, whenever this serial ends, everyone is going to miss DM.

chalia thumbnail
Lovely Soap! So well put and i concur with everything that you said. I often masquerade as a DM basher to play the devil's advocate in many situations. But RR nearly always steals the show right under everyone's noses and he never fails to surprise me with his repertoire of emotions. He must the director's treat to be able to emote so well. I must agree with what people say "BT never fails to deliver".
Damn all the preconcieved notions of living in the real (unstable) world. I will always smell the roses!
fuzzyface thumbnail
Soap and Chalia well written
good points made
us ladies are suckers for romance no matter how hard we try to deny it.
our feelings n emotions are bare on our faces, we love love

chalia thumbnail
Hey Fuzz, thanks for the comment. Arent we having all the fun we can?
You said it my dear, "romance works the kinks out of a knotty day"!
anna44 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful Chalia and Soap...

You guys are so amazing and very well you read my mind...

This is the first serial of RR that I am hooked on. He is just great actor who had portrayed DM's role very well and all Gopikaas have fallen for him as DM...

Without RR there is no DM...salute to you RR for making me love DM unconditionally.
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Chalia..from your first post you have never cease to stunn me with such beautifully choosen words & phrases..You were the perfect person who filled the void which is otherwise filled with sweetest of sweetest people ..ahem I mean Gopikas like me..!!! Who are head over heals in love..with your entry to forum it has added spice to our romance..with DM ...and I have no answer to those questions from you ..But I feel..we all women from diff continents are really sharing same basic..needs & feeling & that really amazes me..makes me feel so comfy..to know that I am not alone..otherwise I would have branded myself..a GONE CASE ..a total MENTAL CASE..for sure..or maybe I would have thought I am Crazily ABNORMAL...
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail

Originally posted by: soap-critic

Thank you for this ode to the Gopikas. It is because of them that this forum is so active. They make it rock.

About the current heart throb of la la land who pendulums between monster and monarch 5 days a week - I would say hats of the to actor playing the character who can bring about different kinds of emotions amongst the female viewers of the serial. Love him or hate him, advocate for him or bash him, he does bring us all out to post our views and comments. You said it very well - 'DM came, he saw and he conquered' all within 45 seconds of screen time.

Coming to the points of your debate, I would say that it is perfectly NORMAL for women to enter la la land and ogle at good looking men/actors they are fans of.. If is all right for men to ogle at actresses/heroines and women in general, why not the other way around? I believe in equality between men and women.

As a general rule, women are genetically wired to be romantics at heart. We are suckers for romance age does not matter - whether you are 18 or 80. And therefore thriving on the love lives of our omnipotent heroes is a huge thing.

Whether our lives are mediocre or full, everyone needs their own space and to be allowed into the world of make believe. It is not mediocrity but what is going on all around in the world around us. On most days we hardly get any good news about the goings on in our world. If DM can alleviate some of what we go through on a day to day basis then it is a good and positive thing.

I am concluding with seconding what you have said. Let us have fun while it lasts. No matter what one feels about DM, whenever this serial ends, everyone is going to miss DM.

No wonder you are our Bandini forum Mod..You deserve QUEEN of this forum award for this post..yaar..Sowell written..
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail

Originally posted by: anna44

Wonderful Chalia and Soap...

You guys are so amazing and very well you read my mind...

This is the first serial of RR that I am hooked on. He is just great actor who had portrayed DM's role very well and all Gopikaas have fallen for him as DM...

Without RR there is no DM...salute to you RR for making me love DM unconditionally.

Anna count me in every word yo ahev said...RR all the way and so is Aasiya..She has made Santu..soo beleivabel & real aur DM & Santu ki toh kya kehene..Just one look & I go la la..laaa...