Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chimuli thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: gumsum

Why would they be worried😕 its not that it started at 18. n no not all young gals have mood swings, at least not me, knock on wood its been ok so far n I did not even realize when it happen for the first time, my friend told me at school n it was the most embarrasing moment of my life😳

No...actually parents get worried nowadays....
If girls dont get them till 16 or 17....
Becomes case of hormonal imbalance........the sooner treated the better....
But nowadays.......most of the parents are worried because girls having them too early..like....11 years old one....😆
gumsum thumbnail

Originally posted by: tetuty66

No...actually parents get worried nowadays....
If girls dont get them till 16 or 17....
Becomes case of hormonal imbalance........the sooner treated the better....
But nowadays.......most of the parents are worried because girls having them too early..like....11 years old one....😆

new age I heard on radio is 8 or 9, blame is on the non-organic food\milk.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Girls can start menstruating anytime between the age of 8-16. However, the average age is usually 12. There is no sound scientific study correlating periods at a young age to media exposure or to genetically modified foods. Menstruating age is in the genetic blueprint of a person. Depending on the hereditary genetics and the dominant/recessive genes the period can be early or late.

The most common controversial growth hormone was the BST or BGH the Bovine growth hormone which enhances milk production. The Bovine Growth hormone does not effect sex hormones in humans that cause menstruation. Although, since BGH is built on insulin it can effect insulin levels. BGH can be carcinogenic under very rare circumstances. However, FDA approves BGH milk as safe for human consumption, EU and Canada prohibit BGH.

Many people oppose BGH also because it is cruel to animals. Most cows injected with BGH suffer mastitis (fibroids on the breast). It also led to lameness and infertility. Organic milk is better because it does not effect insulin levels and it is more humane towards dairy animals.

As for genetically enhanced food crops. They do not use hormones. They are developed by breeding various strains of crops to improve on certain desirable features. They can be ecovars or cultivars (semi-natural) or genetically engineered seed.

The critical concern is that the most popular genetic enhancement is roundup (glyphostate) resistance. Glyphostate is a non selective herbicde and usually cannot be used on growing crops. That means that farmers now carelessly spray glyphostate for any weed issues. In turn that means that we get more chemical residue in our food and more chemical run off in the water.

Ecovars and Cultivars are not too bad as its basically like having your best horse and mare breed for a best race colt. Genetically modified seed is under flak because it abrupts the natural process, the risks are not tested and the plants can further mutate naturally.
Bazinga thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Edited
Edited by Kavya_KraZQueen - 14 years ago