roxthefox thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
This thread is in dedication to the underrated, and rather neglected actor-- Rahul Khanna. I guess I've always been a closet Rahul Khanna fan, but I must now come out into the open and express my love for this under appreciated actor. Although his characters always take the backseat in his films (LAK and WUS), he still carries his characters with integrity. He's full of charisma and charm, and has an amazing screen presence...he always commands your attention. I wish he'd step out of his usual 'serious, career orientated, suave, pretentious' characters and land a decent role.

Besides,  he's so pleasing to the eye. ๐Ÿ˜›

http://movies.newscrux.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/rahul_khanna12112008165603_1.jpg

Sorry for the bad pictures. He obviously doesn't get enough love to warrant a gazillion photoshoots.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

๐Ÿ‘Ah, thank you for this thread.

I wrote to him on Twitter and told him that LAK would have been so much better if he was Jai. Thats just my opinion, so calm down. You're right, he has amazing screen presence, the camera lurves him! Yep, not only can he act, but damn he is so suave and handsome! I loved him in 1947 Earth. I don't understand why he doesn't get worthy roles though. I would blame him too, he doesn't seem all that serious to me. Lol, if you go on his Twitter, you would know. He's a self proclaimed beach bum. Now, I wanna watch GQ Awards, just cuz he was hosting.

Why is the title so depressing.. Ummm change it to "the underdog: Rahul Khanna" He has been an underdog by his choice.. cauz the guy's dad was pretty big in bolly and Rahul could have chosen to do all the mainstream.. masala bolly crap.. but by his choice he did more of crossover cinema.. I think he was never that much into bolly.. so he didnt bother launching his career in mainstream cinema.. I dont blame him bollywood sucks big time anywayz. Edited by adios - 14 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
you couldnt help but fall in love with this guy in !947...he was so so awesome...Tho' LAK and WUS were similar characters but I liked him better in WUS...reminded me of those damn creative ( and sexy) ad guys that I get to meet once in a while at work ( one of the perks of my job๐Ÿ˜‰)...he played it with conviction and i really hope he ultimately got a woman who enjoyed Jazz..๐Ÿ˜ณ.

what was that movie of his with Lisa Ray...i liked that one too!

someone PLEASE use his potential on the Bolly screen...how about a movie with both the brothers..Akshaye and Rahul...I'll donate my life's earnings to the cause and be a co producer!!๐Ÿ˜†

roxthefox thumbnail
Riya, I said his characters are 'serious', not him personally. I do agree with Adios though, his choice in films seems interesting, to say the least. He's done mainstream, he's done Indie, and he's even done Hollywood. Speaking of which, I loved him in Hollywood Bollywood, and of course, 1947 Earth.

I wish Bollywood was more versatile with its choice of actors, and didn't focus on the 'creme of the crop' plucked from the modelling industry, or the fruit of their parents' lions.

Plus, the best scene in WUS, by far, was the interview scene between Konkona and  RK. Two great actors in a completely humanizing scene...
roxthefox thumbnail
Under-appreciated because no one acknowledges his talent. How many threads have you seen on Rahul on this forum? Do a search and see for yourself. I guess he hasn't had too many films, or too many leading roles, to be appreciated.

Plus, he reminds me of my other love, Clive Owen:

RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: roxthefox

Riya, I said his characters are 'serious', not him personally. I do agree with Adios though, his choice in films seems interesting, to say the least. He's done mainstream, he's done Indie, and he's even done Hollywood. Speaking of which, I loved him in Hollywood Bollywood, and of course, 1947 Earth.

I wish Bollywood was more versatile with its choice of actors, and didn't focus on the 'creme of the crop' plucked from the modelling industry, or the fruit of their parents' lions.

Plus, the best scene in WUS, by far, was the interview scene between Konkona and RK. Two great actors in a completely humanizing scene...

I never said he's serious! Go on his Twitter, he's a total goofball๐Ÿ˜›

Kaunsa RK? Dont get the Ranbir fans excited!๐Ÿ˜†

Both the Khanna brothers are decent actors but unlucky. They deserve better. I like Rahul Khanna more though, he's an eye candy.๐Ÿ˜›

@Riya: Yea I went on his twitter. He says he likes jetlag.๐Ÿ˜† 
Edited by psychobalehead - 14 years ago
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: roxthefox

Plus, the best scene in WUS, by far, was the interview scene between Konkona and  RK. Two great actors in a completely humanizing scene...

absolutely..."I'll clean ur desk very creatively.."๐Ÿ˜†
roxthefox thumbnail
Akshay Khanna has potential to be a decent to great actor, given the right script and the director, but I guess he doesn't have enough hair on his head to be classified as a leading actor/hero. *shrug*