DM's personality

dipshit thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Controversial point here i'm sure, but either the creative team have created a masterfully well crafted complex character, who has multiple personality attributes that are well thought out and is a 'grey' character (as opposed to the 2D black and white characters of most K' serials who once you've seen one, you've basically seen them all)....... or they have no idea in what direction to point his character and hence he's goofing up/giving out confused messages? Like her/Don't like her : respect her/don't respect her...

I would vote for the second option as to credit the CV's with that much intelligence given the massive flaws otherwise present is a bit optimistic.

Normally you can tell what a character's going to do or how he's going to behave (as with DM in the beginning of the serial - he was sooooo predictable) but I, for the life of me, cannot work out what's going on with him.

Please, this isn't a disrespectful remark or comment on anyone else's views just somthing i've failed to understand, increasingly so, over the last few weeks.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sg08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
You know....even I am not too sure about exactly what his feelings are for her....or rather I should say the depth of his feelings. I know he holds her in very high regard and cares for her immensely, but beyond that I am confused. During the divorce track, I was sure his feelings ran much deeper, but now I am not quite sure -- I feel he should be doing more to stop the divorce but am not sure if he isn't doing all he should because he feels the divorce is the best thing for Santo or because he doesn't feel that strongly about it....I would like to think the former rather than the latter. Maybe he himself is confused about his feelings and thats why we are too....don't know if his ambivalence is intentional....coz if it is, then the creatives are doing a good job or maybe they just got plain lucky.
rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
SG,i couldnt have said it better.He himself is confused,so we are also confused.

That signature scene made me think he loved her.Maybe,he still does,and wants to let her go-to be happy with a man her age.He knows shanky once loved her.
Bidaaifan09 thumbnail
I want to spit just when we think things will get better this man pulls out one of his multiple personalities to ruin it I hope that some one gives him a wake up call because for me my theory is regardless if shanky once loved her, and he is a man closer to her age he is not thinking about the fact that she might be in love with him and that is what matters
<-------pulling her hair out in frustration---------> uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😡
dipshit thumbnail
Erhmm... Solution:  VERBALISE. women do it allllllllllllll the time. Someone needs to introduce him to a therapist.
rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
😆 This discussion is just too good and funny!

He is utterly confused because he thinks if he gives in,its not fair on her.But at the same time,cannot help gazing at the mangal sutra with a sad and lost expression.

Ekta is known to keep what audience wants,away from them.So I am not surprised DM is acting like a bad kid.
sg08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bidaaifan09

I want to spit just when we think things will get better this man pulls out one of his multiple personalities to ruin it I hope that some one gives him a wake up call because for me my theory is regardless if shanky once loved her, and he is a man closer to her age he is not thinking about the fact that she might be in love with him and that is what matters
<-------pulling her hair out in frustration---------> uggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😡

LOL Angie...but he doesn't really know that she loves him, does he?....she asked him for the divorce, right? she has never said so and neither has he i.e. if he himself knows what he feels.....they both need to take a crash course in communication and probably visit a therapist as well :)
Bidaaifan09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sg08

LOL Angie...but he doesn't really know that she loves him, does he?....she asked him for the divorce, right? she has never said so and neither has he i.e. if he himself knows what he feels.....they both need to take a crash course in communication and probably visit a therapist as well :)

You are so right but I am giving her some slack because she is young and when I was 18 I fell in love for the first time but was to shy to tell him so I kept it to myself hoping my actions spoke louder than the words. But darn it he is a grown man he should have some sort of common sense.🤢😭
Jaz1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
dont wori guys...al his feelings r going to cum out wen he finds out dat his late wife was not so faithful
adoremevirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I dont think DM is in love with santu....he is still very much in love with subhadra....what i think he is troubled because he is breaking a marriage which is not a easy task specially wen santu has no fault.

generally ppl divorce either because of extra marital affairs or lack of trust and understanding or if one ill treats the other.

here none of the reasons stand. DM knows in his heart that they were divorcing only for HK and now that khemi is married, even he is not finding any reason to divorce santu. but because the divorce papers hv been submitted he thinks nothing can be done to stop it.

DM also knows that everyone in his family except motiben wants santu to stay, which is another reason for him to be disturbed....he doesnt want to upset his family.